Achievements unlocking, but not counting?

MasterOfDimac

Seems someone is asleep again at xbox.com. I just unlocked the games first achivement(Battle Buds), but its still says 0/15 on my profile. Appears that its not been updated on xbox.com as of yet, similar to the bioshock 2 minerva's den chievos. Lets hope they sort it out soon, seems like a fun game

Seems someone is asleep again at xbox.com. I just unlocked the games first achivement(Battle Buds), but its still says 0/15 on my profile. Appears that its not been updated on xbox.com as of yet, similar to the bioshock 2 minerva's den chievos. Lets hope they sort it out soon, seems like a fun game

Did you unlock it while playing the trial because I done the same and didn't buy the game when promted but instead decide to buy the game at the apple bobbing stall bought the game no achievement but got my avatar award!

So done another battle then the battle buds achievement unlocked!

Did you unlock it while playing the trial because I done the same and didn't buy the game when promted but instead decide to buy the game at the apple bobbing stall bought the game no achievement but got my avatar award!

I did indeed, that may very well be the problem! I shall go and give it a try

I'm just recovering my profile, then I'll try it again, but I am doubting it as I did get the avatar award and the chievo did pop, but the points didn't add on to my total and on the cheivo screen it said 0/15 achievements unlocked. I let you know what happens when my gamertag recovers

The Apple Bobbing one doesn't unlock until you complete all three tiers of all three areas' apple bobbing quests.

We are talking about the Battle buds achievement!! ;)

I'm just recovering my profile, then I'll try it again, but I am doubting it as I did get the avatar award and the chievo did pop, but the points didn't add on to my total and on the cheivo screen it said 0/15 achievements unlocked. I let you know what happens when my gamertag recovers

Yeah cool!

This is rather annoying... I've not bought the game yet because of this...

This issue was also in the last Toy Soldiers DLC and when they finally fixed it I had to recover my gamertag and none of the achievements of the DLC were registered in my profile... (Meaning I had to re-do it all for the achievements... Not a disaster, but still... An error...

So now I fear if I get Costume Quest I'd not get any of the achievements added to my profile...

I hope they'll fix it soon :) (But what is it lately with buggy releases? It feels like there's more than normal...)

Yup... I finished the game, unlocked all the Achievements, but the total gamerscore I got from it is 195 instead of 200.

Hurrah.

I remember when Xbox Arcade games only cost 400 to 800 points, not 1200.

I remember when Xbox Arcade games were not buggier than hell.

Price goes up... quality goes down.

Do you suppose Gates and his peeps believe in constantly putting their customers in a BOHICA position?

I bought it on the first 5pts achievement and it looked like it unlocked but the game said 0/12 0/200 but if you clicked on the game it had the coloured icon and 1/12 5/200.

stupidly i thought i'd try deleting the game history which it let me do as it thought i had 0/200, this removed 5pts from my total GS and when i reloaded the game it shows as before i.e already unlocked and not a new 'achievement unlocked' but without the 5pts re-added. (although xbox.com does say 16870 which includes the 5 but cannot see the game listed in my history)

really shoddy that they did not test this, its the first achievement so one of the easiest to test. i hope they fix this.

I'm having the same problem. This is an absolute joke. I reluctantly paid the 1200 points for this, because despite it being a short game with next to no replay value, the demo was really fun, so I decided to just go for it. And in return I get a glitch that makes it impossible for me to get all the achievements.

Somebody above said that recovering your gamertag fixes it. Is there a way of doing that without using somebody else's 360? Or do you have to recover a gamertag to a different system, and then recover it back to your own?

EDIT: Never mind, you can just recover your own gamertag without having to first "get rid of it" on your current system. Done it just now, and I can confirm it does work, and that it does change the game's icon in the achievement list to the main boy character.

Edited by monkeymischief

Recovering ones gametag seems to work as others pointed out. I tried it last night and now it shows a nice 200/200 and not 195/200 with all achievements.

I actually decided to just tweet Tim Schafer and Gabe Miller about it. The feedback I got is that the problem is known and is being looked into. But it's a problem affecting more games and probably more an Xbox Live/Microsoft bug then Costume Quest.