A little worried about the 89/100...

Mothership

Seems the only really bad thing is that it's so short. This is kind of a let down, but optimistically thinking you'll have more time for dark souls/batman/skyrim ect.

At least this is what I'm telling myself... I was also following this game for quite a while and I hope I find it to be a better score too.

If you have been waiting almost a year, only to have an "89/100" change your mind, there is something wrong.

Get the game because you want it, not because someone else's opinion made you.

Personally, I will wait 2-3 months. There are far too many games on pre-order at the moment. I can afford to wait it out.

But yeah, don't worry. Anything about 8/10-80/100 is brilliant.

I've been waiting almost a year for this game and am finally about to get it in precisely two hours on the dot! I just hope that the game is better than an 89..

I've been waiting for this game for three years through many release date changes so even if critics gave it a 10/100 I'd still buy it day one lol

I know this will get flamed, but I can't take reviews on this site very seriously. 97 for gears 3, 94 for la noire, 90+ for Alan wake, whilst I appreciate the efforts the site makes to expand it's functionality, I PERSONALLY feel many reviews are way over the top here. Others will not agree, I know that and respect it, and respect the owners of this site for the work they do, I just wouldn't make a judgment based on their reviews is all!

I'm going to try and pick it up for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time in on this one.

As for the short gametime, I'm going to try and squeeze every last minute out of it. There will be lots of wandering around and exploring (even if it is limited by the too-linear story line) for me.

89/100 is a very good score and I can't complain over that.

I've been waiting almost a year for this game and am finally about to get it in precisely two hours on the dot! I just hope that the game is better than an 89..
\

i really wouldnt be too worried about it. video game critics are way too strict they think the game has to be perfect and it its not and doesnt have a certin thing that most people wouldnt even notice they think its not that good or it could have been better. most of the time when they give games an 8 i feel like it should be a 9 to a 9.5 so dont worry im sure the game is gonna be much better then an 8.9 so enjoy ur game i know u wont be disappointed:)

How the fuck is an 89/100 a score that would make you rethink purchasing a game?

If I based my game enjoyment solely on review scores then I should have loved a game like GTA4 instead of finding it a giant piece of shit. If a game gets a 9/10 then it should be at least worth a play. And if you have been following the game for a year now then a 9/10 should absolutely mean a buy for you..