Skyrim FAQ and General Information, Please check here before creating a new thread.

BluWolve

Is dragon armor the best and if so is it heavy or light?

If by best you mean the Highest armor rating, then no, the armor with the highest rating is Daedric armor. Daedric armor is only slightly better than dragonplate (1-2 more points) but Daedric Weapons are the best craftable weapons in the game by a large margin. The only thing that makes the dragon armor better is the fact that it is Dragon bones and scales are a lot easier to come by than Daedra Hearts (what you need to create Daedric Armor). Dragon armor has both Light and Heavy armor types but no weapons.

Edited by BluWolve

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to start a new thread as there is probably a simple answer, but does anyone know how to apply potions and poisons to weapons. I'm playing a Thief/assassin character mainly using a bow and i have a heap of posions and arrows that are sitting in my pack going to waste.

I've tried going through the potions screen of the menu but there's no option to apply to weapons, does it have to be done at a certain place, eg a workbench?

Edited by DEG23

Anyone know if any companions are ok with stealing? For awhile I have been using Faendal from Riverwood as my companion but when I break in somewhere and steal shit and then try to get him to carry stuff cause I have to much, as long as I'm trespassing he says "you're not supposed to be in here." and I can't reply. Are there any companions that let me talk to them while trespassing?

EDIT: I figure a dog companion wouldn't mind, can i have my dog carry stuff for me?

Edited by dragonpwnr99

Is Skyrim a dumbbed-down Oblivion with better graphics like Oblivion is a dumbbed-down Morrowind with better graphics? I don't mean to offend anyone but The Elder Scrolls was better before they started dumbing it down for the masses. I am afraid to buy it because I don't want to be disapointed.

Can you find Daedric Armor or can you only make it?

So far nothing I have found confirms you can actually obtain any Daedric Armor or Weapons through any other means besides Smithing. Anyone feel free to prove me wrong Though!

EDIT: Another way to find Daedric Armor, though technically you still have to make it.

[spoiler=daedricarmor]

so i came across that you do not want to sell the Centurion Dynamo Cores that you find. In the atronach forge in the college of winterhold, you can combine these with a black soul gem, deadra heart, and any piece of ebony armor piece to create a daedric armor. Hopefully this helps some people.

I'm coming across a lot of Dwemer metal objects. I'm just wondering if these are used for something later in the game. They seem to have no point right now. Are they just for selling/junk. Or this there someone that wants these? Thanks to anyone that knows and is kind enough to answer these questions.

Keep these, they are required to smelt Dwemer Ingots, which are required to smith Dwemer Armor

Large Decorative Dwemer Strut

Large Dwemer Strut

Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal

Large Dwemer Plate Metal

Small Dwemer Plate Metal

Solid Dwemer Metal

Edited by BluWolve

For the markarth house, the 2 quests he gave me before i could get the option to buy the house was to kill a bandit leader, then a fetch and retrieve quest very close to where i killed the bandit.

I did a google search to see if i could dig up more for ya since i cant remember myself. Seems like some people arent getting it due to choices made in previous quests or it is simply glitched. Hopefully this isnt the case.

If your miscellaneous quests have items in there involving killing bandit leaders, i would do all those. Maybe he gave you the quest already and you didnt notice?

Anyone know if any companions are ok with stealing? For awhile I have been using Faendal from Riverwood as my companion but when I break in somewhere and steal shit and then try to get him to carry stuff cause I have to much, as long as I'm trespassing he says "you're not supposed to be in here." and I can't reply. Are there any companions that let me talk to them while trespassing?

EDIT: I figure a dog companion wouldn't mind, can i have my dog carry stuff for me?

I have a companion too and am severely overburdened. How do I makeup him carry stuff?

I have a question about enchanting. Can I only enchant certain items with certain enchants? I have learnt the enchant by disenchanting and i have lots of soul gems of different sizes some full and some empty. but when I try to enchant my circlet the enchant for carrying more is dulled out and I cant select it. or maybe its because a circlet isnt armour?

I loved Oblivion. But it somehow took away from the open-ness of Morrowind. These damn Elder Scroll games. (Sorry Bethesda) Probably 1000+ hours into TES games and I can't help but love what they do for us. Anyway...there are things I miss about Oblivion. I think 2Ks influence had alot to do with Oblivion. But I'm happy to have that old ES feeling back I'm getting from Skyrim also. Half my life was spent on Oblivion. The other 3/4rs (buy a calculator...call a mathmatician...check!) was spent on Morrowind. I love Skyrim so far. Thanks Bethesda for keeping us on our toes and at the edge of our seats.

Edited by slikkzilla

I think Oblivion gave non-TES players a chance to experience TES universe. I thought Oblivion was great. I loved it. When the Orc in the Dark Brotherhood told us of the birthday party he ruined, it was instantly one of my favorite ES moments. I'm just glad theres a company out there that cares about the players. You can tell they are 100% gamers themselves. It seems that most companies are putting out games (for the most part) to get a paycheck. Well, TES cost the same as any other game and lets us have and experience so much more. Thats not to say that games like Halo (which I f'n love) don't let us do the same. It just seems that there are alot of games coming out that are just the same-ol, same-ol. Bethesda, Bungie, BioWare (and a couple more I know I'm missing) thanks for giving us moments, and not just games.

Can you be a vampire and a warewolf at the same time?

No, sorry.

I have a companion too and am severely overburdened. How do I makeup him carry stuff?

Go to them and talk to them. Scroll down and one option should be to trade som items, or something along those lines.

If you're having my problem and he won't trade with you while trespassing iI still have yet to find a solution.

I'm dying and i don't know what to do?

I was attacked by a frost wolf (think that's what they are called) and i contracted rockjoint. According to the main stats page i have contracted 1 disease. So i drank a cure disease potion i created thinking it was all solved.

However, roughly every 30 minutes real time i lose 5 stamina. I was walking through Whiterun and out of now where i can't run anymore because i am carrying too much weight. I even went to the temple in Whiterun and activated the shrine and it said all diseases cured, however my stamina isn't going back up and everytime i pass an NPC they say something like "you don't look so well". I had 240 carrying capacity now it's down to 215 and i'm constantly having to drop stuff.

Is there anywhere i can check if i still have a disease, has anyone else encountered this?

I have a question about enchanting. Can I only enchant certain items with certain enchants? I have learnt the enchant by disenchanting and i have lots of soul gems of different sizes some full and some empty. but when I try to enchant my circlet the enchant for carrying more is dulled out and I cant select it. or maybe its because a circlet isnt armour?

certain items will only take certain enchantments. in the case of that particular enchantment, you can only put it on boots if i remember correctly.

Guys, i don't have the game yet but i'm really looking forward to playing an archer, hunter, ranger whatever you wanna call it. But the problem is, i have next to none experience in elder scrolls games. Anyone wanna help me out?

PS: I tried searching for a guide and couldn't find any.

Guys, i don't have the game yet but i'm really looking forward to playing an archer, hunter, ranger whatever you wanna call it. But the problem is, i have next to none experience in elder scrolls games. Anyone wanna help me out?

PS: I tried searching for a guide and couldn't find any.

Reading the first few posts in this thread should give you some good advice. I know there isn't too much info posted yet but i will be adding more and if you have any questions they will get answered here. There are also a couple of handy links provided in those first couple of posts, including links to the two main wiki's that are being updated daily with info. The reason there is no real "guide" anywhere is because there is no real way to specifically play this game. You make your own experience. Skyrim is not a game, it is a world. :)