Its a hard act to follow and I cant see him doing as well, however if he keeps them up im sure Palace fans will be over the moon.

Looks like Mackay to Palace is off now anyway...

Sherwood the favourite now. I can see them going down with him in charge. He didn't seem to have a proper plan when at Spurs, and with less talent at Palace I don't think he will get it right.

I actually think they would be better off getting someone from the Championship, someone who has experience of managing those types of teams, battling and hard to break down.

I can see Sherwood trying to do attacking football, but not doing it very well.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherwood the favourite now. I can see them going down with him in charge. He didn't seem to have a proper plan when at Spurs, and with less talent at Palace I don't think he will get it right.

I actually think they would be better off getting someone from the Championship, someone who has experience of managing those types of teams, battling and hard to break down.

Stupid cunts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28860902

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28880830

Yeah, I agree. Sherwood is not the man for the job.

If they were gonna get someone from the Championship, they could do a lot worse than Eddie Howe. Hes done a brilliant job at Bournemouth. Although it would be a big step up to Palace.

Really unhappy with Balotelli apparently on his way to Anfield. Last thing we need after getting rid of one uncontrollable player is another. :(

Fuck. Really? I saw earlier that he'd said that it was his last day at AC but didn't think we'd be getting him. Never rated him.

Agree with this too.

Hes a trouble maker off the field and very ordinary on it.

Fuck. Really? I saw earlier that he'd said that it was his last day at AC but didn't think we'd be getting him. Never rated him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878088

Agree with this too.

Hes a trouble maker off the field and very ordinary on it.

Exactly. No idea what Rodgers is thinking here. :/

I will say, having thought about it, if anyone can make a player play to his best abilities, it's Brendan Rodgers. So I think that Balotelli can come good at Anfield. And if he acts out, Rodgers isn't the wishy washy type. He'll just bench him til he stops sulking.

He's already been told that if he does come to Anfield, his antics won't be tolerated, and that he plays as part of a team or he doesn't play.

It's a spambot. It's copied a post off one of the earlier pages.

Looks like Borini won't be getting much of a chance with Balo in the squad. Which is crazy because Rodgers signed him for a decent amount of money and now he's not at all keen on selecting him.

Ah, haha. Whoops.

Yeah, it's odd. But, if Sunderland will cough up the cash for him, then it's goodbye.

Oddly, Italians never seem to do well in our squad.....

How does everyone think Liverpool Fc will get on this season? Be honest! Cheers

Top 4, will not challenge for the title.

Anyway, was impressed with Arsenal in the end yesterday. Showed a bit more fortitude than last season, we're not going to win the title this year but the signs are good for the not too distant future.

How does everyone think Liverpool Fc will get on this season? Be honest! Cheers

I think you will be lucky to get into the top 4 tbh! Would you be happy with Balotelli signing?

Anyway, was impressed with Arsenal in the end yesterday. Showed a bit more fortitude than last season, we're not going to win the title this year but the signs are good for the not too distant future.

Everton are a tough team to beat, Martinez is always spot on with his tactics but they got tired and Arsenal capatalised.

I really enjoy watching Arsenal and I think they have a great squad this year. Once Alexis settles as well, he will be quality. Not sure about him playing down the middle though :confused:

Can't see anyone but Chelsea winning it this year. What you guys reckon?

I really enjoy watching Arsenal and I think they have a great squad this year. Once Alexis settles as well, he will be quality. Not sure about him playing down the middle though :confused:

Can't see anyone but Chelsea winning it this year. What you guys reckon?

The Arsenal squad is decent but we still need another striker, DM and a center back.

The title is City's to lose.

I agree In hopeing for 4th and maybe a cup but I would be happy to come 4th and no cup! Champions league is so important for us

Liverpool will challenge for the title. No one gave us a chance last year, and it seems the pattern is repeating.

Also, saying Chelsea will win is absolutely laughable. On what basis? Beating two newly promoted teams? Give over.

City and Liverpool to come closest again this year, Arsenal and Chelsea to come third or fourth, and United to wallow again in their misery like the bunch of pathetic wankers they are.

[EDIT]

The more I look at this, the weirder it gets.

10592721_517384068395099_2397681473949772834_n.jpg

Edited by TheRealJustSean
typo

Liverpool will challenge for the title. No one gave us a chance last year, and it seems the pattern is repeating.

Also, saying Chelsea will win is absolutely laughable. On what basis? Beating two newly promoted teams? Give over.

City and Liverpool to come closest again this year, Arsenal and Chelsea to come third or fourth, and United to wallow again in their misery like the bunch of pathetic wankers they are.

[EDIT]

The more I look at this, the weirder it gets.

10592721_517384068395099_2397681473949772834_n.jpg

Man that is creepy.

Di Maria set to join manchesters second best team for around 60 million. Talk about getting ripped off. If Van Gaal persists with 3-4-1-2 what does this mean for Mata?

There is no way Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria can all fit into that system.

Signing him ahead of two centre backs, a central midfielder and a right wing back is madness and smacks of desperation.

Gary Nevilles post match comments were brutally honest and spot on. The club is in real trouble.

Fantastic isn't it?:woop:

Man that is creepy.

Di Maria set to join manchesters second best team for around 60 million. Talk about getting ripped off. If Van Gaal persists with 3-4-1-2 what does this mean for Mata?

There is no way Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria can all fit into that system.

Signing him ahead of two centre backs, a central midfielder and a right wing back is madness and smacks of desperation.

Gary Nevilles post match comments were brutally honest and spot on. The club is in real trouble.

Fantastic isn't it?:woop:

It's absolutely brilliant. And I've noticed my facebook has been a LOT quieter this evening.

Anyway. Onwards to tomorrow. I'd accept a point right now, but I think we can beat them. Especially if the linesman has his full vision and can detect what's onside and what's offside this time..........

You lot have as much chance as us. So, it's about as plausible as hell freezing over. That's one thing both Liverpool and Arsenal have in common, chronic underachievement.

You lot have as much chance as us. So, it's about as plausible as hell freezing over. That's one thing both Liverpool and Arsenal have in common, chronic underachievement.

We've got much more chance than Arsenal. Our youngsters are better, quicker, and can play more attractive football that works, we didn't overspend on a player who can't play at all in England, and we've got a manager who knows how to get his players to work.

Aside from that though, I like how van Gaal's solution to his defensive problems is to massively overpay for a winger who will be played out of position because there's already too many players in his current position. Smooth.

We've got much more chance than Arsenal. Our youngsters are better, quicker, and can play more attractive football that works, we didn't overspend on a player who can't play at all in England, and we've got a manager who knows how to get his players to work.

Seriously? That's just a load of fan bias. So here's some Arsenal bias back: Our youngsters are just as good, if not better that Liverpool's. The likes of the Ox, Chambers, Wilshere and Ramsey will excel this year providing they're not injured.

Ozil will be better this season and Sanchez already looks decent.

As for the manager, I'd take Le Professor over Rodgers any day, Arsenal traditionally play the most attractive football thanks to Wenger.

City throwing the cash around the last few yers has rendered all this void, it's their title to lose.

Liverpool in contrast have done poorly in the transfer window, overspending on mid-table players and letting the best player in the league last season (your words not mine) leave the club. 25 mil for Lallana and 20 mil for Lovren is ridiculous, you spent as more on Lallana than Reus' release clause and Lovren cost more than Vermaelen or Rojo....

Lallana or Reus..... No brainer really.

Rodgers sees something in them and he's not the type of manager to waste money.

Also have you seen Lovren play in a red shirt? He was exceptional against Dortmund, and played well against Southampton as well. He's a leader in defence, which is something we've desperately needed since Carra retired.

Also this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9439729/transfer-news-mario-balotelli-arrives-in-liverpool-as-milan-exit-nears

[EDIT]

Balotelli training at Melwood.

10609650_10152600884916132_3601852509285916904_n.jpg?oh=a236dc8ad7e951c46b9b371da44d8b24&oe=546136AE

Long as no one hands him a bib, he'll be fine.

Edited by TheRealJustSean

Still so confident about mounting a title challenge? 'Puddle were poor, and i reckon I'm a better defender than Manquilo. Piss poor. Still City's title to lose.

Yes. We didn't turn up at all in the second half, and what Glen Johnson is doing on a pitch any more is something I have no idea about, but yes.

Every single team has losses. Look at Arsenal. Every year they go on a losing streak. Even City will lose at some point. We lost against the team most think will win the league this year. We didn't barely scrape a draw against Everton. Nor did we lose to Swansea, as I've had to point out to several Salfordites that gave me stick last night.

Speaking of, I no longer think they have the worst fans in the Premier League. I now give that title to City's fans. They're insufferable now. They lose a game, and it's because the other team cheated or the ref had a bad game, and if they win they have to shove it in your face. Honest to God, when they face United, I'm fucking tempted to say I wanted a United win now, to shut the twats up.