Did they update Drop 'Em Like Liquid?

halofan1989

I was just wondering since me and me buddy have played this mission dozens of times and still haven't been able to complete it w/o being spotted, due to headshots not properly registering.

When I shoot a guy right in the face he should drop from one bullet.

Any info, or anyone who's has noticed anything different since the Title Update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

I was just wondering since me and me buddy have played this mission dozens of times and still haven't been able to complete it w/o being spotted, due to headshots not properly registering.

Any info, or anyone who's has noticed anything different since the Title Update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Account for Drop ratio. And you can still miss the headshot and kill him with quick bursts and not get spotted.

Nothing to fix.

It's still screwed. A friend and I have done this sucessfully twice, and it never popped. So even if you work your way around how fucked it is, you still might not even get the achievement.

Hopefully they tinker with it again some other time

It's still screwed. A friend and I have done this sucessfully twice, and it never popped. So even if you work your way around how fucked it is, you still might not even get the achievement.

Hopefully they tinker with it again some other time

You may think you finished it smoothly, but did you get to a point where one of you yelled "RUNNER!"? If so, then it will not count.

)

This mission is bugged I have shoot the guys on the bus plenty of times in the head and I know i shoot him in the head and yet no head shot. I shoot 4 more bullets and he still doesn't die. This only happens at the bus part.

This mission is bugged I have shoot the guys on the bus plenty of times in the head and I know i shoot him in the head and yet no head shot. I shoot 4 more bullets and he still doesn't die. This only happens at the bus part.

My friend and I noticed that and we came to the conclusion that you cannot shoot them until the flashbang breaks the window, otherwise the guys inside seem to become invincible.

My friend and I noticed that and we came to the conclusion that you cannot shoot them until the flashbang breaks the window, otherwise the guys inside seem to become invincible.

I can confirm that. Although we haven't tried for the achievement yet, just going through it i thought i could make it smoother by hitting one guy right as the flashbang is being thrown but unless it actually goes through and explodes, the mission will go wrong.

Account for Drop ratio. And you can still miss the headshot and kill him with quick bursts and not get spotted.

Nothing to fix.

I always account for DR.

And this "body-shotting" you speak of isn't very ideal when you have 3 guys right next to each other.

But it's already Perfect mission, according to your standards, right?

:p

All the headshots are properly registering, it all just simply depends on your snipe skills, trust me. You want to know why...?

Nope, not really. Like I said, it depends on your way of playing the recon class and it's snipers. EVERY headshot will be counted, every, there is not a "not properly registered headshot" in this game. For me, every shot was an instand death of the enemy.

Let me tell you how to do it:

If you guys shoot at the enemy and have the cross hair right on the face of the enemy while shooting, then sorry, but this wont end up in an headshot.

Why?

Simple, the bullets have an ballistic trajectory.

What does that mean?

DON'T EVER!!!!!!!! (from the point you are in the house and have a view to the buses) shoot straight at the face of the enemy in this mission, NEVER! It won't be headshots. Instead of shooting right in the face have your cross hair line (X axis) lying directly on the head of the enemy and then shoot. I promise you every enemy will be dead after just only one bullet (This is the same for the bus part, I need 2 bullets to kill both people in the bus. Try this method and you wont have problems. If you shoot directly on the head at the people in the bus the bullets will hit the bus instead of the enemies due to the ballistic trajectory).

Hope this helps and makes it more clear, actually it is pretty easy once you are used to it. I was failing in the beginning too but then I tried to aim OVER the head.. and there you go.. instant deaths.

Edited by head0r Inc

All the headshots are properly registering, it all just simply depends on your snipe skills, trust me. You want to know why...?

Nope, not really. Like I said, it depends on your way of playing the recon class and it's snipers. EVERY headshot will be counted, every, there is not a "not properly registered headshot" in this game. For me, every shot was an instand death of the enemy.

If you guys shoot at the enemy and have the cross hair right on the face of the enemy while shooting, then sorry, but this wont end up in an headshot.

Why?

What does that mean?

DON'T EVER!!!!!!!! (from the point you are in the house and have a view to the buses) shoot straight at the face of the enemy in this mission, NEVER! It won't be headshots. Instead of shooting right in the face have your cross hair line (X axis) lying directly on the head of the enemy and then shoot. I promise you every enemy will be dead after just only one bullet (This is the same for the bus part, I need 2 bullets to kill both people in the bus. Try this method and you wont have problems. If you shoot directly on the head at the people in the bus the bullets will hit the bus instead of the enemies due to the ballistic trajectory).

Hope this helps and makes it more clear, actually it is pretty easy once you are used to it. I was failing in the beginning too but then I tried to aim OVER the head.. and there you go.. instant deaths.

I completely agree with this, aim ABOVE your targets just a little and it's one shot. As for the bus, make sure BOTH players hit B and wait for the squad to count down and through a flash bang BEFORE you start shooting.

It's the Bullseye achievement that they are talking about. Drop em Like Liquid is the title of the mission.

Yeah I'm a rock. I happen to look some more last night and read the achievement descriptions and realized it was the name of the mission not the achievement. Thanks for the input and setting a rock straight :)

Why?

What does that mean?

The mission is glitchy. I played for 2 hours last night, getting headshots (yes counting bullet drop and seeing where it hits) and sometimes the guys stumble out the way and something blocks them from being shot again. still have to get that achievement :(

Why?

What does that mean?

Great advice on aiming and timing, but you are wrong about the mission not being glitchy and easy. It's not always just bad "sniping" at fault. Just like my last run with my buddy, you were just lucky on your run-though. Run the mission 10 times and again and see if you pass without being seen every time. We used a combination of aim above the head shots and multi-body shots and with a ton of luck finished it.

This mission is full of frustration. I've seen a guy take one in the head and then duck a bit and not die until I shot him 3 more times. We've killed guys with one shot and yet they were still somehow able to call in for help from the grave. Bipods wont deploy in areas they deployed in the previous attempt or they lift up at the oddest times(like as I was about to shoot). I even went prone and was unable to get my bipod out once.

My buddy must've thought I was insane until towards the end his bipod would malfunction. He kept trying to advise me on moving back a bit, try closer, aim up and then down first. Then I had to laugh when he had the same problems. No bipod deployment!

Proper aiming and getting the bipod to stick really helps increase your odds of success but there is still that bit of luck involved in everything going your way, even when you know exactly what's needed for a perfect run.

I have to agree with Chuppernicus I've beaten it plenty of times it's just I've never been able to get the achievement. I know I have to wait for the flash, I know I need to set up my bi-pod, I know I need to account for bullet drop though in my opinion there should be much anyways, I know what I need to do it's just when ever I try it something goes wrong. Like Chuppernicus said it's luck that really get people this achievement I think. I've had my bi-pod slip of the ledges, not set up or my bullets just not register. I've seen a guy take a bullet to the head fall down and then get back up to go tell his friends, in the end I think it all just comes down to luck.

I've shot them 3-5 times and they still run off... this is glitched. I dont care what anyone says. We always fail this mission when no one is around and it it says the hostages were killed. And yes you can go ahead and say we probably didnt follow the instructions, protect the other squad, or missed an enemy... and you would be wrong. I've watched youtube videos and this mission is broken for me.

Edited by osakamitsu

• 1 month later...

I spent a couple of hours on this tonight and still no Bullseye. The problem we were having was at the part where the three groups of three enemies all appear by the water. As soon as those three groups are in and all the guides target the group to the left that walk past the hotel, we had a sniper to contend with in one of the windows in the middle, every time, which messed up that sequence. I have yet to see a video that has this extra sniper in it and not just the one after you've eliminated these three groups.

The mission is not glitched.. as plenty of people, including myself, have the achievement. Account for the bullet drop, be in sync with your partner, choose a side and do a count down. Perfect placement of where you are is also extremely important.. as in having the right angle to an enemy. Successful communication is key, the video guide in the achievement guide is very well done. Follow that to the letter. Be wary of shooting enemies near trees! I will say that yes, the blocking on the trees is a bit large and I've gotten hit markers on a tree when the enemy is in plain sight.

If someone yells "runner" or there's enemies on your side of the street.. you fucked up.. so restart. This mission is difficult, but not impossible.

As for the post above me.. the 3 sets of 3 enemies.. shoot the 3 on the left, then the 3 on the right, then take out the guys in the middle as they come down the stairs last. Deal with the sniper last.

Edited by Xenolith666

Despite having the achievement, I also say this is glitched. Yes, of course I compensated for drop, but when you see blood fly out of the target's head and he's still ambulatory enough to alert the others, then you know there's definitely something wrong. These glitches seem to happen at random, and it's really down to luck whether or not your shot actually registers as a headshot.

As for the post above me.. the 3 sets of 3 enemies.. shoot the 3 on the left, then the 3 on the right, then take out the guys in the middle as they come down the stairs last. Deal with the sniper last.

We know what to do with the groups, but the problem we were having was an additional sniper appeared at the same time as the three patrolling groups, every time, and it just messed up taking them all out. After the groups were done, then the usual sniper would appear. I haven't seen this additional sniper appear in any videos I've watched so far.