Achievement Guide

aPerfektFIaw

NEOPHYTE

Complete any level

Start at level 1-1 and complete it… you can set it at the easiest difficulty and run right through the level in under 15 seconds. From the beginning run straight forward through the hall and open the door, run around to the right of the stage in the middle of the room to the next, then follow the zig zag walk way to the next door. Open and run past the enemy to the next door and exit. Take a look at my walkthrough for 4 easy achievements in one level under HOARDER.

SCOUT

Find a secret area of a map

Can be done on the easiest difficulty. In level 1-1 get to the area with the zig zag walkway. Walk across to where the next door is and on the right wall before the door there is a secret panel. Press A near the discolored wall to find the secret door and go in. There’s a small hallway that leads into a wide open area with a 200% armor in the middle of a poison pool. You won’t get the achievement until you complete the level. See the HOARDER achievement for a walkthrough on getting 4 easy achievements in one level.

CLEAN SLATE

Kill all monsters in level on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher

Easily done in level 1-1 on Hurt Me Plenty. Don’t bother going in the room on the left unless you want the armor. Continue through the level to the first door. Kill the 2 enemies in the first room then go to the next. Kill the 1 enemy in the hall before the zig zag walkway room and the guy at the end of the walkway. There’s a monster up on the wall in the corner that you need to take care of as well. Continue through the next door. Kill the monster in there and finish the level for the achievement.

HOARDER

Find all items in level

Can be done on easiest setting but here’s a walkthrough for getting 4 achievements in one run through level 1-1. Set the difficulty to Hurt Me Plenty and start the game on Knee Deep in the Dead (Episode one aka level 1-1). Starting off look to the right for a blue health bonus, then turn around and grab the next one to the left of where you started. There’s also 2 armor bonus items on the opposite wall. Now go into the room with the stairs to the left of where you start. There’s 4 health bonuses and 4 armor bonuses along with a 100% armor bonus. Now leave and continue through the level. Kill the 2 enemies in here and pick up their clips along with the 6 armor bonuses in the room. Continue on and kill the next enemy in the hall. Grab his clip and the 2 blue health bonuses and move on. Kill the monster in the top corner and the soldier at the end. Grab his clip and the 2 shotgun ammo clips. Go through the secret panel before the next door (See SCOUT achievement for details) and pick up the box of bullets, health box, and box of shotgun bullets. NOTE: If you can’t pick up a health box at any point during this level just jump in the green poison water until your health is below 100%. Now keep going through the hall to the open area and grab the 200% armor bonus in the middle of the poison pool then back track to the secret door and out. Turn right and go through the next door and kill the monster. In this next room there is 1 armor bonus, 2 clips, 4 health bonuses and 1 health box. Now go into the exit room and grab the 4 armor bonuses and mini health pack but DO NOT EXIT!! You’ve killed every enemy but there are 2 more secret areas to find. Back track to the zig zag walk way room and where you shot the monster in the corner, the wall has been lowered. Go in to find a shotgun, box of shotgun bullets, and a health box. Now for the last secret area. This one is a little tricky so pay attention. In the secret room you were just in, turn around and look out the door. You’ll be looking at the zig zag room. Now you see the doorway on the other side? Hold in the left trigger and sprint to it (don’t bother zigging and zagging). Right when you get to the FIRST stair, turn completely around and SPRINT back into the secret room where you came from. On the back wall in the left corner, a small piece of wall has lowered. You need to run fast and get onto it before it goes back up. There are 8 armor bonuses and 1 box of shotgun shells. If you have max bullets just shoot one off to pick up the box of shells. Now jump down, run to the next room and to the exit. 4 achievements in one run and it only takes 5 minutes!!

ALSO: Here is a vid made by Maka for the same 4 achievements...

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/MAKA91/?action=view&current=DoomAchievementWalkthrough.flv

EPISODE ONE

Complete Episode 1 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher

See RAMPAGE achievement for more details.

EPISODE TWO

Complete Episode 2 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher

EPISODE THREE

Complete Episode 3 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher

EPISODE FOUR

Complete Episode 4 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher

RAMPAGE

Complete all levels on UltraViolent mode

Here’s a better way of getting 5 achievements while running through this game from beginning to end. Instead of starting a game and trying to get the EPISODE achievements on Hurt Me Plenty, start a game in Ultraviolent mode instead. The only difference between the 2 difficulties is that there are more enemies in Ultraviolent, but its not that much harder. Just go from beginning to end. You’ll pick up the episode achievements along the way, and upon completion of Episode 4 you’ll receive the RAMPAGE and EPISODE 4 achievement.

NIGHTMARE

Win a Nightmare level in single player

Best done in level 1-1 being that the level is extremely short. This REALLY IS a nightmare though so be prepared. This setting has massive amounts of enemies and they respawn after about 20-30 seconds. You also get hurt much easier and all enemies have AMAZING aim. Starting from the beginning go to the room to the left but DON’T GO IN. There are 2 shotgun wielding soldiers on the top of the stairs. Kill them from outside the room. Don’t go up the stairs just yet because behind the pillars are 2 more shotgun soldiers. Quickly dispose of them and Sprint up the stairs, grab your 100% armor and get the hell out of there before they respawn. Now Head to the first door. There are 3 enemies on the stage in the middle of the room so shoot them from the doorway. Don’t run in because there are 2 enemies on either side of you when you enter. Carefully take care of them, and the 2 other shotgun soldiers and move on. There are SOLDIERS O PLENTY in the next room and 2 monsters on the wall. Good luck with this room being that this will most likely be the hardest part of this level. Now continue on to the secret door on the side wall (see SCOUT for details) and kill the 2 enemies in the hall. Grab your health and your armor bonuses and high tail it back out of that secret area and to the next room you need to be in. There are monsters and soldiers in here as well so be cautious. Once you finished with them, open the exit door but BACK UP. Theres a monster in there as well. Kill him, run in and exit. Now if you made it this far, big congrats to you as this took me a while to get.

ROOKIE

Get 50 kills on Xbox Live

Jump on Xbox Live and start killing. This isn’t in one game. Once you’ve accumulated 50 kills, you will be awarded this achievement.

DESTROYER

Get 100 kills on Xbox Live

Jump on Xbox Live and start killing. This isn’t in one game. Once you’ve accumulated 100 kills, you will be awarded this achievement.

NOTE: With the Kills over XBox Live you can just make a room with your buddies if you so please. Set the time to the highest time limit and unlimited frags. After a few games everyone should get both achievements.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to mention, that for the Online kills, they can be done in "Player match"

Also, Perfekt, if you want me to, I can set up a normal camera and do the "Hoarder" ONe, if you want me to, maybe for someone that likes videos...

yeah that would be cool actually... If you can, do a video of Killing all enemies, Getting the secret areas, and getting all items to make it a 3 for the price of one type vid :p

yeah we can just leave this here for now... photobucket is famous for removing things after a while so if it gets removed after a few weeks we'll figure out a way for you to send it to me and ill put it on another site to host...

or you can just put it on YouTube

Can you get the chapter achievements in co-op? I wasn't going for any, but I was playing co-op with a buddy for about 2.5hours yesterday, but we were doing the very last levels of the very last chapter, where all the portals are, so we didn't get through a whole lot.

Nightmare is actually easier then ur saying. You dont have to run into that room with the shield or shotgun you can skip them and go to the 2nd room and kill them while standing at the door or u can kill the shottie room and just push the button. It doesnt matter how many ppl u kill just as long as u complete it

I wasnt really going for how many people you kill... i was just explaining how i did it... you pretty much NEED to kill any enemy in the way, being that they are so powerful...

but if you are looking for the alternative way, which i know what you're talking about, you can kill the 4 guys in the room on the left... press the switch on the right pillar, then immediately head out of the room towards the new opening in the wall. Grab your 200% armor in the middle of the acid pool and go in the hallway. 2 enemies in there, not too hard. Head to the end of the hall and open the wall. Immediately turn right and through the door running and sprinting to the exit door. Run in and shoot if anythings in your way and press the exit button.

there... happy? sometimes i dont know why i bother... some people just dont appreciate a masterpiece :confused:

Episode 4 Level 3 Is Freaking Hard on UltraViolet

Tell me about it... the day this came out, I got all the way to THAT level and was stuck on it FOREVER!! As soon as i beat it I saved and quit and havent been back since lol

I only have a couple levels to do for those last 2 achievements, but man... if they are anything like THAT level, I'm in for a few more hours of gameplay.

Episode 4 on UltraViolent can go to hell after I beat this game. :mad:

I found out the best thing to do is stay on top as long as u can dont stop moving. I got realy far into the level probly id say 10 minutes worth and for some reason i always forget to save and well i died and havent done it since then. And I went to the leaderboards and for some reason It says there are episode 9s and i cant seem to figure out how to get to them. Do u think that will affect the achievemnt?

Also off-topic but yesterday in TDu i played a guy named A Perfect Flaw

Episode 4 Mission 3 : Sever The Wicked

This is what i did to get it. First off start with ur shotgun and run straight to that button infront of u alittle to ur left. Then kill the 3 guys right behind you. After you have killed them start to shoot the flying heads and if u need health just go to the end of the ramp where there is ammo , health , and the invulnrabilty. After u grab that if all the heads are dead shoot the people infront of u. After you have killed them all jump down behind you if ur still at that corner(your back should be to a big hole filled with lava). Pull out ur Chaingun and kill the rest of the people on the ground while picking up the ammo and health. Then you'll see a bunch of stairs with people inside of it. Dont go down there instead pull out ur rockets and let loose. After u kill them go down the stairs and turn Left ull see 2 sets of stairs. Kill the guy at the bottom of the stairs and continue killing 10-15 guys. DO NOT GO PAST BLUE FIRE UNLESS YOU ARE TO FIGHT 2 BIG GUYS. Then turn around after killing all the guys in there and go up the stairs. Now there is an opening u saw when u walked in, There some guys in there that u can kill but dont go down there instead shoot them from above. After you have killed all or most of the guys in the opening shoot all the people at the top with ur rockets. After you've killed most of them run up there with ur shooty until u come to a door. Turn around and hit A on the wall. There will be like 10 guys in there but its worth it. Then open that door and blast a few guys in front of u with ur shotty then pull out rockets and take the big guy out. Kill the rest of the guys in the room and at the top of the stairs blast those guys with rockets. Then head up the stairs just to get the ammo and turn right around. You should have saved it by now after you killed The big Guy. Then walk all the way around the room to the back right corner and jump down with ur shotty and run to the opening. Kill all the guys and then pull out ur rockets to kill the big guy. After u kill him grab the ammo , health, and push both of the switches and grab the key. Save it right there. Go thru the teleporter and be ready to shoot because as soon as u get thru there is an Invisible guy and he attacks you. Open the door infront of you and rush. This will trigger the big guys to come out from hiding if u didnt kill them like i said. Now back track through that teleporter and go back to the skull on the wall and push it. As soon as you push it turn to ur left and open that wall and go through that teleporter. You be back at the start now there are 2 options. #1. You can either open up that gate since u have red key and kill him. Or #2. you can jump into the left lava pit and push one of the buttons as fast as you can go to kill the guy walking around and then shooting the big guy from the back with rocket. After you have killed him push A on one of the blocks and go to the grab the blue. Jump down the same way u came up and go into the left lava pit but before you go into the lava pit make sure u see the door at the top left corner. Open it and there are is an Invisible guy in there kill him and walk up the stairs(do not go behind it bc its a teleporter that takes u back to the spawn) and kill the other 6 guys. Now you have the blue door infront of you. If you did what i said after u grabbed the invulnrabilty and killed all those guys in that area infront of you then u dont have to kill anyone and u can just walk to the exit. If you do this then u will get atleast 95% kills and 40% items. But if u want all the kills then kill the big guy in the left lava pit and grab the suit along with the 2 Invisible eyes in blatent view to get 50% items and 100% kills

haha that perfect flaw guy on TDU was not me and im pissed bc ive had that name since the beginning of time lol

but anyways... those level 9's are secret levels... you can OPT to do them but they do not count towards the achievements... theres one in every episode, not worth it though

cool guide on that level tho... i forget to save too sometimes and end up screwed in the beginning with just a pistol, so its a lot harder.

happy DOOMing everyone

after beating That level i realized how easy it was and how many times i got realy close but never saved it. I think the hardest level is Episode 4 Mission 7

E4M1 and E4M2 for me. 7 was pretty easy with full weapons. 8 was a bit annoying cause I had to use all my BFG ammo in the first and second room.

Found a little exploit if you can't handle the cyberdemons (esp. the one in E4M2 on a small ledge): Walk out of sight, save game, load game, then he will be standing still until you fire at him.