Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I don't understand why x360a won't get behind doing this for an iconic game like Halo 2 but they were totally onboard with a friggin generic basketball game from EA...twice.
With the NBA titles, you had to have 1,000 people online or nobody got the achievement. With Halo 2, you need what...4? maybe 6 for one of the games? That is perfectly reasonable to set up via the trading thread. 1,000 is not at all reasonable.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
With the NBA titles, you had to have 1,000 people online or nobody got the achievement. With Halo 2, you need what...4? maybe 6 for one of the games? That is perfectly reasonable to set up via the trading thread. 1,000 is not at all reasonable.
So x360a is only willing to do community events for games only if it requires some absurd amount of people?
Just seems kind of silly to me. Not sure why the site wouldn't want to do something fun for everyone in this situation is all.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #33
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
So x360a is only willing to do community events for games only if it requires some absurd amount of people?
Just seems kind of silly to me. Not sure why the site wouldn't want to do something fun for everyone in this situation is all.
I don't know what else to tell you, dude. I explained the reasoning above. I don't see what is so iconic about this game that everyone is getting their panties in a twist about it. Almost nobody played the GFWL version. Even when it was first released, gamers had to use the boosting thread to find partners.

It is just a game being shut down because nobody plays it. Halo 2 on the console was a much bigger deal, and I can agree that was iconic...and I would like to point out that when those servers were shut down, we didn't do a community event for that either. We didn't do a community event when EA shut down the Madden 08 servers. We didn't do one for Need for Speed. We didn't do one for any other game you can think of, other than the one title that required 1000 freakin' people online for an achievement. I would like to point out that we also did that when it came out initially, and it had nothing to do at that point with servers being closed. It was all about an achievement that took massive amounts of people.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I don't know what else to tell you, dude. I explained the reasoning above. I don't see what is so iconic about this game that everyone is getting their panties in a twist about it. Almost nobody played the GFWL version. Even when it was first released, gamers had to use the boosting thread to find partners.

It is just a game being shut down because nobody plays it. Halo 2 on the console was a much bigger deal, and I can agree that was iconic...and I would like to point out that when those servers were shut down, we didn't do a community event for that either. We didn't do a community event when EA shut down the Madden 08 servers. We didn't do one for Need for Speed. We didn't do one for any other game you can think of, other than the one title that required 1000 freakin' people online for an achievement. I would like to point out that we also did that when it came out initially, and it had nothing to do at that point with servers being closed. It was all about an achievement that took massive amounts of people.
I don't really even care for the series lol, I'm just sayin it seemed like a good opportunity to do something fun with the x360a community.

Last edited by Gackt; 02-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #35
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Best thing about all of this is GFWL hasn't been working or has barely been working since around Thursday. I guess that's how they say goodbye to Halo 2, by not letting anyone play it
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #36
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Here's a thought. Maybe create a forum or sub forum area for "Server Shutdowns." That way members can gather when servers are announced to go down and knock out achievements. That way it can still be run by members but gets the little extra push to get it's feet on the ground.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #37
BinaryRuse

Send a message via Skype™ to BinaryRuse

BinaryRuse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm going to miss playing Halo 2 online.
BinaryRuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #38
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
343 is keeping the servers open until at least June due to fan response, they confirmed yesterday

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bergan View Post
343 is keeping the servers open until at least June due to fan response, they confirmed yesterday
Indeed, I posted a thread to let people know.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #40
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Oh nice, didn't see it, can you link me? Thanks

edit: Derp, you did link me

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #41
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Oh nice, didn't see it, can you link me? Thanks

edit: Derp, you did link me
Yeah, I only posted a thread just in case it wasn't mentioned in here you know. But now both bases are covered.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #42
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Might just have a chance to start and finish this in time after all, brilliant move keeping them up till June.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Yep, they said until at LEAST June, they are looking into alternatives for hosting to keep them alive after that

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #44
kaleido42
╔═╩═╦═══╬═══╦═╩═╗

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Emerald   Staff Club - Minty   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Yep, they said until at LEAST June, they are looking into alternatives for hosting to keep them alive after that
Awesome! Got any links/sources?

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Awesome! Got any links/sources?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=422979

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #46
kaleido42
╔═╩═╦═══╬═══╦═╩═╗

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Emerald   Staff Club - Minty   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant about them looking into alternatives for keeping them open past June.

EDIT: Sorry, I was stupid. I saw that tweet before it was posted on x360a and somehow completely missed them looking into that *facepalm*

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Last edited by kaleido42; 02-13-2013 at 10:16 PM.
kaleido42 is online now   Reply With Quote