Achievement Discussion

• 4 weeks later...
i cant get none of my achievements for armored core for answer

Achievements i cant get:Mission Rank S,Mission Rank SS.

:(:mad::confused:

I believe the S Rank Chievo is for winning all missions on Hard and the SS Rank one is for completing ALL missions on Hard. Or something like that, Its one or the other lol

Pro

I believe the S Rank Chievo is for winning all missions on Hard and the SS Rank one is for completing ALL missions on Hard. Or something like that, Its one or the other lol

Pro

Pro is correct but the way he puts it is going to confuse you. S rank mission achievements is like he said, hard mode beat with all S ranks. The SS rank achievements is for also S ranking all of Normal mode also, so its easier to do if you S rank all you Normal missions on your first play through, then just worry about doing the Hard missions.

Hope this helps clear it up more.

@ultra I took a hiatus from this for now, it was pissing me off. Have you made anymore progress on you end.

No mate, I've taken a break for AC4A too because of OoAC, that mission is gay. I have been playing Fable 2 and my pc.

Slightly off topic but meh... I upgraded my 4 year old dell dimension 3000 pc with a new graphics card and it is now able to play games as recent as 2005 or so. I am actually quite chuffed with it because I got lucky and found an incredible controller for the pc. This controller (made by Saitek) allows me to program any and ALL pc games to it, including Shift State key commands. I have the following games on pc now and they all look and play REALLY well

Beyond Good And Evil

Black And White

Ford Racing 2

Hellboy Asylum Seeker

Hitman Codename 47

Neverwinter Nights

Paraworld

Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time

Quake 2

Quake 3 Arena

Rayman 2

Rayman M

Wanted guns

Warcraft 2

Warcraft 3

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn Of War

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade

World Of Warcraft

I've made controller profiles for about 60% of them and so far, they all work really well. I hate playing pc games normally because I don't like having to use keyboard and mouse, it feels too much like I'm still at work, AND I have to sit too close to the monitor, not to mention using a controller feels much more natural for me.

I also have a Nintendo 64 Emulator which works amazingly well too, very cool playing Mario 64 on my pc screen with a 360 style controller!

Anyway back on topic! I might give AC4A another go this weekend when I finally get a break from the Mrs.

Pro

For S rank you need to beat about 2/3 of all missions (Normal and hard collectivly) with an S rank and for SS you need to beat 100% of all normal and hard missions with S. You don't win anything though for it which is a let down. The online has picked up too but it's on the missile crazy fad again. Nearly all the high ranking people exploit lag with missiles and just fly around in a circle shooting them. That's at least in ranked. I'd stick with player matches until people get tired of missiles but who the hell knows when that'll happen.

If anyone needs any help with the game let me know. I can help with any normal mission and office advice and designs for the harder stuff. And although i haven't worked out the kinks with the dodging i can still offer some training like i did on AC4.

Ok well maybe you can help with OoaC, I am unable to beat it even on Normal, its just stupid, I have killed maybe one of the enemies before but i either run out of ammo or die! I have tried missiles, swords, machine guns, the wall glitch, NOTHING WORKS!!

Pro

Is that the 5 on 1 mission? Where you're ambushed with Old king. Go to regulation 1.20, that'll make it easier. I've got a good blader i can give you, i just need to know how much FRS memory you have and if you've gotten the other ORCA ending yet, then i'll tweak it a little. The tactic i use is bring 1 of them into open water. Don't try to fight inside the base or you'll just bump along the walls and structures. Vring one out into the water, preferable either Otstarva or the girl with the golden AC first, that'll make it a little easier. Old King almost always kills 1 before he dies so if you both take out 1 then you'll only have 2 to fight. Still try to use the same tactic, get them into open water one at a time. If they both rush you dont' try ot trap one though, just fight them both it's not too hard. On hard difficulty you have to fight another AC but she's not really that good, not much fo a differance in the difficulties.

See you say just go and single out one and draw him out to open water, yeah the gold one or the red one, but theres not enough time and space to either A: figure out which one is which or B: just lure one away and not all of them!! Its impossible!! They all just spot you and reign crap down on you!!!

Pro

I think I'll need to see how you fight then. Maybe give you a few tips. Lureing them out was effortless for me. What type of AC are you using? Company, boosters, weapons. I'll need to see how well you evade too, that might be the problem right there. Try to predict their movements, if you quickboost too soon or too late you'll just run into a bullet. The mission seems kinda dauntihg but once you figure out the trick to it it's easy. I actually had a harder time killing No Count and his other AC than I did with that one.

Well I normally use a moderate weight AC with a Rifle, Sword, Cannon and Missile launcher and a relation missile, then in my hangars I keep a spare sword and Gun. But thats just my standard build, I normally change it around for that mission because it just wouldnt work to begin with. I will have another go tonite and let you know how I do.

Pro

Hey man, here are some pics of my current ac setup. From this you should be able to look at it and point out where I maybe wrong, also, maybe you could try my build and see if you can do the mission with it on normal.

I tried it again a couple times tonite and the same thing always happens, they kill off the other dude quick, then if i get to radar range of them they come out and all cream me. one dude has a weapon that shoots a massive blue burst, if I am hit by that about 2-3 times I'm toast, on the last attempt I actually died before the partner dude had finished saying his goodbye speech when he dies! Am I really that Shit??

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/ultrapro/misc%20stuff/DSC00886.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/ultrapro/misc%20stuff/DSC00887.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/ultrapro/misc%20stuff/DSC00889.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/ultrapro/misc%20stuff/DSC00891.jpg

Pro

That's a nice build. Unless it doesn't bother you I'd switch out the moonlight though, drains way too much energy or only 17k recovery. I'd beat as many missions on hard as you can before you try it. Each S rank on hard gives you na additional 6 points of FRS memory. Then i'd apply it to what you're good with and not use auto. The mac is 445. Some of the really easy hard missions to beat are, the first mission, the one for Union where you have to protect their trucks, killing wonderful body, The one where you fight Algebra's arms fort, AF Answer, AF Stergo, the one where you help stergo, and a lot of the other smaller missions. The extra memory will do wonders for your AC. As for what to put it on, i'd recomend increasing mobility and percision so you can stick with your targets easier and hit more often as well as your energy reovery. Having a lot of extra energy will open up more firing angles for you. I'd also get rid of your hanger weapons at least for this mission. It's unlikely you'll survive long enough to run out of ammo with your main weapons. I'd also liek i said switch out the blade for something more energy efficent and mroe range. The missiles should work pretty good, try to get them to focus on rifle fire and then use missiles. Also stay out of the air if you're on the water and stay awya from the openings. Try to get way out to sea so the others don't follow you, or at least are less likely to follow. For now though i'd focus on nocking out as many hard missions as you can. They really arent that hard save for 1 or 2. If you get in close i'd actually switch the blade for an SMG. It can take the primal armro off oyur target and then you can do more damage with your rifle/cannon. I beat like 90%

Some helpful advice, I will give the hard missions a go this weekend, the setup I've got on the tuning (FRS) is not actually auto, its my own assignment, I tend to build up a few stats evenly and then build up others to catch them up, do you have to S rank the Hard ones to get FRS? or do you get FRS regardless of the rating? Thanks

Pro

I dont want to seem simple but if you could possibly just list the attributes you would put the FRS to for my build, using the actual names from the Tuning screen? I get confused with the tuning options, I understand the concept but there are too many attributes to put the FRS to!!

Pro

Sure, I need to know what your boosters, FCS and generator are too. That'll help narrow it down some. For now though I'd recommend putting 50 to energy capacity. 50 to aim maneuverability, 25 to aim percision, 50 to turning ability and the remaining points to side quick boost speed. That should let you be a little more mobile to dodge attacks and still able to hit the target. I'd still beat hard missions to get more memory, every bit helps.

Cheers dude, I will try that. I can equip any of the items in the shop as I have all of them, the only parts I do not have are ones that are earned by winning certain missions on hard. But you can see all my listed parts in the picture I took that shows my core from its side, the picture is fairly high res so they should be readable.

Pro

• 4 weeks later...

So.. after a long hiatus for various reasons, I am back on this game after Two, count them Two request from people who found my boost message on here. So going on today and giving 1.3 regs a chance, and nothings changed for me with them. I went up against a B ranker, so I took some gump after the thrashing he gave me, I asked how long it took him to get there. And heres the answer.

D rank: You automatically get D rank when you beat both arenas in the story lines and then log into online play.

B rank: Obtained automatically when you get the SS achievements in story lines. So guess it pays for you to play the game huh. :p

He also stated after be rank B it takes around 30 points to go to rank A and it takes skill from then on to get to where your going.

Hope this helps some of you out when deciding when to play the complete game or not.