Continuum Shift Console Release Confirmed, new character Mu-12

Taiyz

I was gonna bring this up a day or two ago since a Famitsu leak of the front page revealed that there was a console port on the way, but there was some chance that it was faked. Well, it wasn't, and we've got scans and some quickie translations:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7381&page=120 Reveal

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7387&page=521 Discussion continued here

Basically, we've got Mu-12 being added to the game, we're gonna get Challenge mode a la Guilty Gear, Legion mode from the PSP game, a proper Tutorial mode, and the Beginner mode from the arcade version. All the old features from CT will be present and updated, including a new story of course. New stages will be added to the game, and old stages will be graphically enhanced.

The only thing we really don't know is if the Unlimited Characters from the PSP and DLC are gonna stay or get tweaked, but Score Attack is going to have 15 characters so you're gonna be stuck fighting the new guys at the very least. Whether or not only Hazama will be Unlimited or all 15 characters is the billion dollar question.

The console release is 60% done and is expected in the summer. We haven't heard anything from Aksys yet, but I'd bet on a simultaneous release.

Eat, drink and be as merry as you can be while waiting for an extremely anticipated game for half a year.

Edited by Taiyz

Wtf, if Mu-12 is present then (Only click if you don't care about BBCS' arcade ending)

[spoiler=uniquecode]Whats going to happen to Noel? Mu-12 = A Noel that was put into the Blazblue and "awakened." God I hope they don't take her out. :[

Edited by Hente

Latter. =P

Edit: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=570204#post570204 Console release on the first of July, and a bunch of new stuff. Read it there.

If you go check out the article, http://www.famitsu.com/image/6745/VRBDM6xaaE5mZ7kL81X6k8pZs86fmDPb.html looks just like SFIV's Trial mode, except with a feature to show you how the combo's supposed to work.

Edited by Taiyz

It's going to be full priced, but we only get 3 new characters. :(
I'm sure a lot of people would've paid full price for only 2.

We still get the new arcade mode and all that content (arcade opening, ending,) a brand new story mode (apparently with more scenarios or dialogue and a new insert song) and gallery with twice as many anime cutscenes including a new anime opening yet again featuring a song by Kotoko, a new tutorial mode (taught by Rachel,) a challenge mode a la Street Fighter IV, Legion mode, improved netcode...

Its new character count may pale in comparison to Super Street Fighter IV, but I think it has enough features to be comparable. Full price might be a bit much, but we'll probably be getting another sweet Limited Edition on top of it all.

And for those that care, it seems they're introducing another side character, a subordinate for Bang voiced by Ragna's actor, and we may finally see Taokaka's face.

Personally I'm hoping for some more development in returning Arakune to normal.

I'm sure a lot of people would've paid full price for only 2.

We still get the new arcade mode and all that content (arcade opening, ending,) a brand new story mode (apparently with more scenarios or dialogue and a new insert song) and gallery with twice as many anime cutscenes including a new anime opening yet again featuring a song by Kotoko, a new tutorial mode (taught by Rachel,) a challenge mode a la Street Fighter IV, Legion mode, improved netcode...

Its new character count may pale in comparison to Super Street Fighter IV, but I think it has enough features to be comparable. Full price might be a bit much, but we'll probably be getting another sweet Limited Edition on top of it all.

And for those that care, it seems they're introducing another side character, a subordinate for Bang voiced by Ragna's actor, and we may finally see Taokaka's face.

Personally I'm hoping for some more development in returning Arakune to normal.

I'll only be satisfied if Bang's story mode arc is 10x the length as the rest of them.