"I Should Get Paid for This" Achievement Guide - Buck's Revenge High Score

Maka

This is more or less the only 1 of 2 difficult achievements in the game, and I foreshadow a large amount of threads regarding the methods it which it can be attained. I've went ahead and wrote a pretty in-depth guide for you guys, along with a video that may explain the fast-paced action and movement a little better than text.

Using this method, you should be able to get the 534,000 score pretty easily, assuming you are levelled enough. The method could most likely reach over 750,000 score for those that have really good amps. Without it, you may reach your max at around 350,000. Here is the guide:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AW9bIiKNrE]Sunset Overdrive - I Should Get Paid For This Achievement Guide - Episode #3: Buck's Revenge - YouTube[/ame]

Your first and most important step is to complete a good enough portion of the game, up to the point that you have purchased many weapons/amps/overdrives in order to make this easier.

You’ll want the following weapons: (Lvl. 5 with Amps)

• Dirty Harry (Stun Rounds)
  • Acid Sprinkler
  • Turret Copter
  • TNTeddy (Nuke Explosions)
  • Pulse Mine OR Proximity Mine

You'll also want the following overdrives: (Lvl. 4)

• Plus/Minus (You need to pick up health with this equipped)
  • OD Rival
  • Weapon Damage – Deployables
  • Weapon Damage – Single-shot
  • Ammo Capacity – Single-shot
  • OD Killer

Once the above is complete, you'll have to find "Episode #3: Buck's Revenge" located not far from the Fargothian base. You can also fast travel directly to the event using the challenges leaderboard. Before starting the event, refill your ammo! (If you fail your attempt, quit out and refill ammo before retrying)

Once the event starts the order of the objectives is as follows:

• Melee Kills (5/10/15)
  • Grind Kills (10/15/20)
  • OD Spawner Kills (1/2/3)
  • Bounce Kills (5/10/15)
  • Undergrind Kills (5/10/15)
  • OD Mugger Kills (2/4/6)
  • Pyro Geyser Kills (10/15/20)

Round by round tutorial:

1. The melee round is pretty straight forward. I suggest using a ground smash in the later rounds to kill as many enemies as quickly as possible after the sequence repeats. Do not jump after your ground smash, this will only waste time. Wait for the animation to end, and then jump afterwards and you can ground smash again right away.
  2. Grind kills are pretty straight forward. Grind the garden railing and use the TNTeddy or Deployables like Acid Sprinkler or Turret Copter.
  3. Next, the OD Spawner can be taken out with the Dirty Harry in 2-3 hits, just remember the 4 possible spawns, use your mini-map and get in range as fast as possible.
  4. Next, for bounce kills, use deployables again like the Turret Copter and Acid Sprinkler and bounce on one of the cars in the middle of the road, near the wire that hangs over the street.
  5. After bounce kills transition directly into your undergrind as soon as they are done. Your weapons will do the work for you for this round if you set up the right deployables during the bounce phase. If not, use the TNTeddy here.
  6. For OD Mugger Kills, get on the high rail from the street, and equip your Dirty Harry (or TNTeddy if close range). You'll want to "rush" the Mugger spawns to kill them before they start jumping! The spawns are the same every time although they may move in slightly different patterns. This is the most frustrating round, and the round where you will lose the most time if you're not quick.
  7. As soon as you kill the last Mugger, make a dash for the closest Pyro Geyser at the end of the street near the bridge. Just keep bouncing on it until the kills rack up. If you have TOO MANY deployables up, they may kill enemies before they reach your geyser, but this wasn't a major issue for me.

As soon your Pyro kills are done, transition to the top of the list using a ground smash and repeat as many times as you can.

When you get to the "OD Mugger Kills: 6" round, I suggest you just take your TNTeddy and focus and your attention to the enemies on the street. This round takes a long time to complete, and you are likely to run out of time. You'll score more points ignoring it and going for Kill Streaks on the hordes below!

With all those tips, you should have no problem! I was able to pretty easily get 655,000 without 100% of the upgrades listed above, which is significantly more than the 534,000 required.

Thanks! Hope this was useful. :)

Thanks for the tips. I was getting stuck around the 475k mark since I didn't really have a solid plan of attack. One tip that might be helpful, although someone needs to confirm it for me, is that you can unequip your weapons in order maximise the probability that the ammo that gets dropped is for a useful weapon (I only use half my weapon slots, so I'm always getting ammo drops for guns in the other four slots).

Go to your weapon loadout screen, then put a gun you plan on using in one of the slots. Now go to the gun you want to unequip and swap it for the gun you want to use. The gun will move from the original slot to the new slot and leave the original slot empty. Repeat until you only have the weapons you want equipped.

Thanks for the tips. I was getting stuck around the 475k mark since I didn't really have a solid plan of attack. One tip that might be helpful, although someone needs to confirm it for me, is that you can unequip your weapons in order maximise the probability that the ammo that gets dropped is for a useful weapon (I only use half my weapon slots, so I'm always getting ammo drops for guns in the other four slots).

Go to your weapon loadout screen, then put a gun you plan on using in one of the slots. Now go to the gun you want to unequip and swap it for the gun you want to use. The gun will move from the original slot to the new slot and leave the original slot empty. Repeat until you only have the weapons you want equipped.

This is true, but it will also work the same way if all your other ammo is full.

Good guide Maka, I made one for the achievement guide after you and didn't even notice you had this up yet, they are a little different but not by much... I'll leave it in the thread, but recommended Tyger use yours in the full guide, since it is better, and was posted first totally didn't mean to step on your toes there.

• 2 weeks later...