How come no one blames Steven Spielberg for TF

I've often wandered that myself, one thing people need to take into account though is that Bay nor Spielberg designed them, thats up to the concept artists to come up with a realistic none box-former look for them to show how they would function in real life, not a cartoon, they might show Bay a hand full of concepts for one character and Bay will pick his favorite that's how i imagine it works, i for one love the designs lol trying to make a G1 optimus prime look real would just look beyond stupid, as much as i love G1 this is just a well known truth, plus this is a movie-verse, not an adaption of G1 and from what i recall G1 and Beast Wars existed in the Primax continuity where as the movie-verse exists within the Tyran universe, theirs like 6 or 7 different continuities lol.

I would say the look for the new transformers came as one of their visions. Just as Avatar was James Cameron's way of saying how screwed up our oil economy is, Transformers is a way for Bay to say look what technology can do, look at what would happen is it was turned against us. The best way to do that would be to create these intricate designs with lots of moving parts. This also is not a cartoon so you can't make a film with CG animations that look cartoony, they need to look like they could be real and that is where I think the designs came from. They need realistic and intricate and the old transfomers where none of those two.

I dont mind the movie versions of the autobots much but the decepticons just dont have any personality which is a shame cause I loved the G1 decepticons

I agree totally! The Decepticons were completely screwed up in the movies. Where was Megatron's iconic fusion cannon (and not the 2 arm combining one at the end of the first movie)? Starscream was my favorite Decepticon and I love the back and forth between him and Megatron. What have they had? A couple of lines here and there? And don't even get me started on Soundwave.....

For some reason, people walk into a Bay movie and crap all over it if he didn't give us some Gone with the Wind-level masterpiece. This is a movie based off of a kid's cartoon from nearly 30 years ago made by Michael Bay. If you walk into a theater expecting anything other than over-the-top explosions, insane levels of CGI effects, and random shots of whatever hottie Bay has a hard-on for this week, you're going to be disappointed. I walk in there expecting a mindless popcorn flick mixed with a bit of nostalgia, and to me, Bay has delivered very well in both movies so far.

The people who think Bay "ruined" the Transformers with his movies need to go back and re-watch the old G1 cartoons again; they had far more plotholes, far less continuity, and made just as much sense as any of the Bay movies.

I think Bay did just fine.

Bay's transformers has nothing to do with G1 other than names, that is a reason i hate it so much, i watch it and am just astounded about all the crap he has done two the film, Im going to make to thug transformers who swear all the time im going to say that transformers age threw the years... Blah blah blah, due to the "nothing to do with any of the past 30 years of transformers" in the movies i cant get into it. I love WFC because High Moon said, "hmm i wonder if the show everyone loves would make a good game or the movie that have been dreadfully reviewed?" I admit, i did like the fight scean in the second movie where Optimus died, that was good, the res tof every part of the two movies were crap. IMO