Pete the Invincible

The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never even seen the damn thing in-game, so I doubt I'll be completing this without help from the public matches. A few things factor in, of course... is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet. Also wondering if this Invincible fight glitches and potentially ruins save files like Master Gee did to a friend of mine (lost all of his progress after 75+ hours).

is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13353-Latest-Borderlands-2-Update-Hopes-to-End--graveyard-sav--Virus.html

Pete the Invicible is not as hard as Gee, but not really easy though. It's really hard to solo him mainly because of the minions all around the arena, excepted if you have a commando and use your turrets to clean up the area while you're focusing on Pete.

Baby Maker + Tediore Relic worked for me.

I have the Fire Baby Maker and he was resisting it.

However, I have a Tediore Electric SMG that I use to burst down his shield. Once I'm out of ammo for that I fall back to my Torgue (explosive) shotty, AR and Pistol.

Rest of my weapons are corrosive or fire as I haven't gotten any good weapons otherwise.

Yooooooooooo Omfg dudes. I went to solo this dude after reading this thread. I got into the glitch spot no prob. After a quick minute or two, the guy jumps up there with me, I quickly jump down and run straight across to the other ammo dump.

The guy jumps up and down like he does, but keeps getting stuck, and can't jump down. As he is jumping, he is moving to the left (facing him) towards the giant drain. He gets stuck eventually below the walkway up there.

So I spend like.. literally an hour, shooting this guy and shooting him, get his shield down, get his health down. Kill him. His loot. WHEEEEEEEE goes flying up to the catwalk/walkway things. I'm like.. okay, no problem, I can just get a friend in here who is a commando.. well before he gets in, my game messes up and signs me out of xbox live......

Sending me back to the goddamned title screen.

Get back into game.. none of it counted......

FML -_______-

Yooooooooooo Omfg dudes. I went to solo this dude after reading this thread. I got into the glitch spot no prob. After a quick minute or two, the guy jumps up there with me, I quickly jump down and run straight across to the other ammo dump.

The guy jumps up and down like he does, but keeps getting stuck, and can't jump down. As he is jumping, he is moving to the left (facing him) towards the giant drain. He gets stuck eventually below the walkway up there.

So I spend like.. literally an hour, shooting this guy and shooting him, get his shield down, get his health down. Kill him. His loot. WHEEEEEEEE goes flying up to the catwalk/walkway things. I'm like.. okay, no problem, I can just get a friend in here who is a commando.. well before he gets in, my game messes up and signs me out of xbox live......

Sending me back to the goddamned title screen.

Get back into game.. none of it counted......

FML -_______-

You gotto have a commando. I don't think it's possibly to solo him with any other class. Why not? Because once you drop that turret, he completely ignores you so you can just unload into him forever.

If the turret is on CD, just hide behind the pillar and he won't jump at you.

Like Ravenhood, I haven't seen him either. And I've seen the glitch ledge/spot too.

My question, why name him "Pete"? Not a real formidable and scary name.

Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.

The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.

Too bad they're still nerfing the bee on top of this insane boss HP. They are really trying to make it impossible without four players and or a glitch or the bee. Don't see why really. Not everyone wants this kind of challenge.

The best thing coming out of this patch is the de-leveling of the raid bosses of Pirate's Booty in Normal mode so everyone can at least get the achievements. Leave the insanely hard required boss fights for the try-hards.

Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.

I AGREE. [Name] The Invincible was cool back when Crawmerax was the only one with that name.

You gotto have a commando. I don't think it's possibly to solo him with any other class. Why not? Because once you drop that turret, he completely ignores you so you can just unload into him forever.

If the turret is on CD, just hide behind the pillar and he won't jump at you.

Using the glitch I read about, I was able to get him stuck. I solo'd him, took an hour.. but i messed up at the end.. otherwise it would of been okay.

Crawmerax was "Invincible" too? That's 3 of them! Sort of over doing it on that aren't they? Still...Pete?

He was the first "Invincible" boss and he was in Borderlands 1. He was a cool fight and was cool looking.

That's 5.

*6 if we are counting Crawmerax from BL1. There's Crawmerax, Terramorphous, Vermivorous, Hyperious, Master Gee, and.....Pete.

I shamelessly was able to get Pete stuck and killed him in 10 minutes. After Master Gee and Hyperious, my BL2 friends have no interest in killing another crappy "Invincible" boss. The cool thing about Pete is that his name prefix changes through the fight (check it out next time you fight him). Pete also recognizes your character class and ability. He was s__t talking me the entire fight. "Ohhh so you think you're a commando huh?" "Your turret is worthless." I thought that was a nice touch. It looks like they're trying to add more fight mechanics to the Invincible fights which would be good if they stopped making them have so much hp.

I know this is a cheap way to beat him but hey for those who just want to beat him do what I did lol... Please like comment subscribe thanks. GT=

http://www.xboxgamercard.org/gamercard/bo2_image.php?gamertag=EEHh%20Mysterion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEua6KjBmwI&feature=plcp]Borderlands 2 Pete the Invincible Glitch Area - YouTube[/ame]

These bosses have officially made me hate this franchise. I don't know if I'm an idiot or what but I've successfully gotten Pete stuck a few times (that part is easy) and I still run out of ammo and get hit with his fire damage which leads me to have to use the faucets. So then I kill the Spiderants and I'm bone dry on ammo again and have to wait forever for the ammo boxes to regenerate. And while that's happening I take fire damage again and waste the few bullets I get on the ants. Eventually they get too strong and I die. I can't help feeling like I'm at a disadvantage again with my Assassin trying to do this. Anyone else done it alone with Zero that can offer advice?

You could always cheat. :woop:

You could always cheat. :woop:

If I had access to a modded weapon I would have used it in a heartbeat, this shit isn't fun to me when I'm playing alone.

I'm also convinced that they purposely leave these "glitch spots" in for someone to find and make viral so us less skilled gamers can actually beat these bosses. I mean the room you fought Master Gee in was empty except for that rock used for that exploit and the area you hop up in inside the room with Pete is the only spot it works in and there's a catwalk up there to walk on. I'm not so sure it's a coincidence.

I'm also convinced that they purposely leave these "glitch spots" in for someone to find and make viral so us less skilled gamers can actually beat these bosses.

Seems to me it has nothing to do with skill since tons of enemies in the game one shot to two shot down you and bosses have ridiculous HP amounts and the only way to kill them is to just blast away all your ammo until he dies, or try before you are instantly downed. This is even with the Bee.

Player HP/damage output to boss' HP/damage output is really unfair and unbalanced IMO.

These bosses have officially made me hate this franchise.

Edit: Done. Lame, got him stuck and hid across the room with the Maggie, tons of fun.

Nice finally you got him too still though as I said IT IS GETTING BORING with these Invincible Bosses, they should come up with something new. What I mean is NO NOT NEW BOSSES, just something else than that would be refreshing.