Disarm Renard

on assassin when the timer starts its fucking impossible to get to the end 4 mins and snipers aswell as assult guys and fighters surrounding you its no way possible each guy seems to take a full clip of ammo to waste them even if i aim for the head THIS IS THE ONLY LEVEL IM STUCK ON FOR THE ASSASSIN ACHIEVEMENT! any tips on how to get through the last checkpoint will help!

Ah, Disarm Renard... that last checkpoint made me hate this game. How I did it was with the pistol, headshot the first few guys. Be sure to take cover behind things at all times. When you come across to the snipers, switch to your machine gun, press Y and pump them full of lead.

It's just going to take a few tries to get it. I believe I had to do this part 7-10 times before I beat it.

• 4 months later...

This part of the stage is Effin Ridiculous!!! I had to replay it at least 15 - 20 times. Try to save your B button takedowns for the two guys (and shotgun guy) that jump you. If you can pull off a double take down it will save a lot of effort. Finally finished with the stage. Almost done with the game and I can't wait to send it back to gamefly.

• 10 months later...

um... yea. this mission makes me HATE this game too. i can easily beat this level on trainee....stupid part is, it happend to fast i forgot the last damn passport. and then it went to a cut scene. so now if i want it on assassin, i have to play the WHOLE level on assassin cuz i cant "continue campaign" or it will go to surviving professor. i hate hate hate hate HATE this game right now. ive been close several times but after renard runs up to the roof and the 2 snipers come out of nowhere and im stuck in the wide open area to get killed. i duno...i think i might be over this game lol.

• 3 months later...

Man, this level on Assassin pissed me off. I must have failed anywhere from 20 to 30 times. Once, I was one hit killed within 2 seconds of the level loading.

So many stupid problems with it as well. Crappy hit detection, getting shot through cover and enemies who would stay in cover for way too long during a timed mission.

• 3 weeks later...

Pistol out, headshot all 4 guys. Keep strafing forwards and assuming you're not a totally garbage shot you should be able to hit them in the head with at least 1 bullet. Take out the guys with your fists at the halfway point, then drop the 2 on the waterfall, cap a couple as they come down the stairs and then sprint up to end the level.

Really wasn't that hard, pistol and headshots made the game easy even on Assassin mode.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tips!! At the start pull out your MP5 (if you have one I'm guessing you will have) Spray the dude not in cover. Then switch to your pistol headshot the dude on the railings. Then keep Tapping Y untill you see the enemy moving out of cover and begin pre firing at that spot. Or he will keep pearing out and firing which is really annoying.

Then pear round the wall and spray the sniper with MP5 bullets. Then two people come stay back at your spawning position kill them and then go up the stairs and kill the shotgun dude. The time should be about 2:30 to 3:00.

In the middle fight (hand to hand) go behind the wall to protect you from getting shot. Then just fight him and don't use a takedown aim for atleast 2 bars full. Wait till he does a 3 combo and spam XYX,XXx,YYY etc. Time should now be 2:00 to 1:30 kill shotgunner.

Last part Headshot both snipers with a pistol and then run up the stairs and use both your takedowns and then it should skip to a cutscene. I had 1:30 left so don't worry about time.

Hope this helps

• 5 months later...

Yes this part is very tough. I am stuck on it as well after 5+ tries on Assassin difficulty. I gave up for the day and will give it another go tomorrow. Weird how everything on Assassin has been easy as hell up until this point. Hopefully this is the hardest part remaining...

EDIT: Finally beat it and was very happy to do so. That part was annoying as hell.

Edited by HalfEVILmonkey

• 2 months later...

Despite being an old thread, I felt I had to commiserate a bit here...

I died over 20 times on this level...but it wasn't at the end. That was actually easy, made it through on second try (first time got killed by the shotgun guy cuz I didn't expect him). Just headshot with the pistol (as always) and you win.

I had decided a little ways into the level that I didn't want to replay another level to get my "no shooting takedown" and "no hand-to-hand takedown" achievements, and of course I was playing on assassin difficulty to get that achievement as well...

Well, the part with the big room full of guys that shoot each other has a checkpoint at the beginning of it...unfortunately that is ALSO the checkpoint for the room AFTER it (where I died 20 times or so)... this room has two guys that are immediately in melee combat, plus a mini-boss that shoots at you while you're fighting them!! Since I wasn't using ANY takedowns, I couldn't refill my life meter and it took me forever to beat them! (the assassin took awhile too!)

At the end of the level I got all 3 of my achievements (I missed one of the passports so it wasn't 4)... it was a rather rewarding feeling...if you're up for the challenge, try beating this level without using ANY takedowns whatsoever! ;)

Note: For some reason the "no shooting" achievement shows before the level complete achievement, and then the "no hand-to-hand" achievement shows, but I did get them all at the same time on this level. It just didn't say "3 achievements for x", it showed each of them separately.

Edited by KnightOfTruth

Pistol out, headshot all 4 guys. Keep strafing forwards and assuming you're not a totally garbage shot you should be able to hit them in the head with at least 1 bullet. Take out the guys with your fists at the halfway point, then drop the 2 on the waterfall, cap a couple as they come down the stairs and then sprint up to end the level.

Really wasn't that hard, pistol and headshots made the game easy even on Assassin mode.

That's all it really takes, that and a little bit of luck. Took a solid 4 or 5 attempts at the timer checkpoint and got through. The trick is to save up what adrenaline you can for a two or three man takedown at the point where they throw the flashbang.

There's a flower planter just past that fight that has a decent angle on the dudes coming down from the helipad. What I found worked was to immediately post up there and wait for the idiots to come down. Headshot, headshot, then run and gun up on the last guy.

Totally frustrating and totally unnecessary considering the previous 5-10 minutes of the level you didn't need to be in ANY hurry to catch the guy.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

After reading this thread I have to admit I was dreading this part, but got it third try. My main tip would be do not rush - I took it slow and still had a minute left. Also use the cheat for the automatic shotgun (enter ALWAYSANOBJECTIVE on the cheats screen) since that means you can wipe out the last groups of guys very quickly as they come down the steps. Also I found lining up headshots for the snipers was too risky - as long as no one else was shooting me I just sprayed them with bullets until they went down. When you have two above the waterfall stay on the right hand wall and shoot one through the statue, then peek out and take out the other one. This way only one can shoot at you at once. Good luck and don't feel daunted!