What type of achievements do you hate?

Aiden95

What type of achievement do you hate? Every so often you'll be playing a game, look through the achievement list, and just say to yourself "F***, thats annoying". Whether its collectibles, onlines, etc. what achievements get on your nerves?

Edited by Aiden95

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collecting ones. Especially if I have to collect a lot of something and the collectibles don't even help me.

For example, I see no point in collecting all of the flags in the first Assassin's Creed.

However, in Crackdown, I didn't mind hunting down orbs because the orbs upgraded my guy and made his skills better. I didn't feel like I was wasting my time with those.

- Ones that require you to play on a certain date or play for a certain amount of time.

- Non-stackable difficulty related achievements.

Collecting ones. Especially if I have to collect a lot of something and the collectibles don't even help me.

For example, I see no point in collecting all of the flags in the first Assassin's Creed.

The only benefit I see from collecting the flags in Assassin's Creed was that it shows you areas of the map in which you wouldn't have thought of exploring otherwise. It requires you to climb up a specific part of the map in order to reach such flag(s). In other words, it opens your eyes to different views of the vast environment.

Collectible achievements that does not help you in the game.

Time trials, mini-races, collecting items in short time.

"Kill x enemies with x weapon"

"Beat the whole game without dying/getting hit"

Combat challenges, trial challenges (Batman Arkham Asylum/City, and Capcom vs Marvel 3)

Anything related to Dollcatcher in Fable 2 (don't have it, haven't tried, hate it)

I'm sure I have more, but those are off the top of my head.

• Gliched achievements that are never fixed
  • Luck based
  • Time based (either complete in certain time or do on certain day)
  • Multiplayer in a game that has tacked on multiplayer
  • Get max skill, especially bad when you get only half the total skills by the end of the game and then need to grind out the other half.

Edited by Qonok

I personally hate any achievement that will take you days or entire playthroughs on top of everything else you did. Case in point, kill 72000 zombies on Dead Rising 2. So basically I just played this game entirely through 3 times to get every achievement, and now i have to play it entirely again driving in a circle for the entire game...all for 20 GS. Ya thats Bullshit.

Also hate all those leveling ones that the cap is so far above everything completed in the game, like get to level 50(I think it was 50) in Assassin's Creed. Got every other achievement for multiplayer at 20, now I need to go on and ruin all the fun grinding.

And broken achievements defiently....Im still waiting for a fix for Fable 3's demon door one... I refuse to play the entire game again.

Oh god is this a good one. Kudos for creating this thread. I haven't read any of the posts so if this was already said my bad. What type do I hate the most? I absolutely detest those achievements were you can't unlock it until you play the game on 6 months later or something. So pointless...

Oh god is this a good one. Kudos for creating this thread. I haven't read any of the posts so if this was already said my bad. What type do I hate the most? I absolutely detest those achievements were you can't unlock it until you play the game on 6 months later or something. So pointless...

thanks :) and no one hasnt mentioned it so far so your all good.

Time sensitive achievements can seriously fuck off.

I don't like collectibles either but no where near as much I hate time sensitive ones; why the fuck should we play at specific times of the day or on specific days. Especially when its a 1 time deal :mad:

the ones that go completely out of your way to complete

tales of Vesperia

To Points Unknown10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngThe journey of 100,000 km begins with a single step.

it takes HOURS(over 8) of leaving your controller alone with a rubber band or w/e

oh and agree with infectedcrow 72,000 zombies on dead rising 2 oh god i havent done that one yet

Edited by STRIDERLGN