Under Handsome Jack Mask *spoilers maybe?*

KFZ Scrubs

How do we know he had a vault symbol on his face?

Because I saw it, or so I believe.

Checked his face after he died, unless the vault symbol was over his mask.

After I beat the game, we had Lilith kill him instead and there was a vault symbol on his face.

Didn't look like he had his mask on either.

Could be wrong, but that's what I remember seeing.

I'm running on a few hours of sleep, can somebody near the end confirm i'm not hallucinating?

Because I saw it, or so I believe.

Checked his face after he died, unless the vault symbol was over his mask.

After I beat the game, we had Lilith kill him instead and there was a vault symbol on his face.

Didn't look like he had his mask on either.

Everytime I killed him he fell face down so I never got to see his face. I wish I could see a picture of this... Been Googling it now.

Everytime I killed him he fell face down so I never got to see his face. I wish I could see a picture of this... Been Googling it now.

I'm fairly certain because Lilith used her siren powers and blew jack back, face up.

Picked up his mask too.

The other two times I killed him, shot him in the face and he went face down.

BINGO! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120927215040/borderlands/images/thumb/5/53/1348620070076.jpg/234px-1348620070076.jpg

But it says on the wiki that the only reason the vault symbol is there is because he fell on the vault key and it burned the symbol into his face. So I'm guessing that he was just plain ugly.

BINGO! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120927215040/borderlands/images/thumb/5/53/1348620070076.jpg/234px-1348620070076.jpg

But it says on the wiki that the only reason the vault symbol is there is because he fell on the vault key and it burned the symbol into his face. So I'm guessing that he was just plain ugly.

Maybe, to be honest I was blinking in and out of the whole death process. He could have fell forward and then got blown back.

And from there, my question has been answered.

Womp..... guess he was just ugly as shit then.

Bullshit he doesn't fall on the vault key. Firstly he fell backwards not forwards and secondly the vault key was around 10 feet away from him. I've only finished the game once so I don't know if the key is always in the same place but he wasn't anywhere near it in my game.

Bullshit he doesn't fall on the vault key. Firstly he fell backwards not forwards and secondly the vault key was around 10 feet away from him. I've only finished the game once so I don't know if the key is always in the same place but he wasn't anywhere near it in my game.

Who's to say he didn't fall on the vault key before the game even starts? I seems more likely that he wears the mask because his face got burnt prior to any of the events in the game

Who's to say he didn't fall on the vault key before the game even starts? I seems more likely that he wears the mask because his face got burnt prior to any of the events in the game

It wasn't charged at the time though, unless he was around it the first time they went through it, and that was when it was naturally charged through the 200 year period.

I looked at his face after he died as well

I am gonna go with what Joker says about him being branded because the Marauders wear a mask that have the vault symbol like that(see pic),there has to be some connection to it,and i presume the bandits didn't know what was under the mask....or perhaps Jack was once a Marauder Bandit himself which would be quite interesting

http://orcz.com/images/thumb/3/37/Borderlands2marauder.jpg/240px-Borderlands2marauder.jpg

makes you wonder how he could take the piss out of Helena Pierce's face so much in that side mission near the start of the game when you are looking for her ECHO recorders

It wasn't charged at the time though, unless he was around it the first time they went through it, and that was when it was naturally charged through the 200 year period.

We also know there are way more planets with more vaults, all use the same symbol and all use the same key, since he was the mastermind behind the vault opening on Pandora maybe he's been to other planets trying to open those as well, maybe at some point he came into contact with one of the keys and that happened to him

Who knows really, I think it's safe to say that it's branded though, when looking at it in the game you can clearly see it's not just a tattoo on his face, or at least it doesn't look that way anyway

Looks to me to be the same marking as the bandits masks. I just thought he was a punk that got rich famous and powerful by deceiving blackmail and extortion and the mask hid the fact he is such a bad guy. A reverse super hero. They put on a mask to hide their true identity and he does it so other bandits don't realise it can be done. Look at the guy on the game case. Same vault thing.

kinda OT but is Jacks Mask Head Skin rare enough that it wont drop? Just got mine after killing him using axton and got an axton head. if i kill Jack on a new game using a different character, will it drop the appropriate headskin for my char ?

kinda OT but is Jacks Mask Head Skin rare enough that it wont drop? Just got mine after killing him using axton and got an axton head. if i kill Jack on a new game using a different character, will it drop the appropriate headskin for my char ?

I'm pretty sure it's a guaranteed drop. I killed him on my first playthrough as Zero and got the appropriate head. All of my friends have had similar results with their characters too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a minute... didn't anyone see how Lilith killed him?

She burns him with phase"something" and then pushes him away.

I'm thinking she burned the symbol onto his face.

Also, there is very little blood on the symbol.

Wouldn't there be more if he already had it?

I'm guessing he just wore the mask to look younger and keep the title Handsome Jack no matter how old he was.

Seems like something he would do...