This game is absolutely horrible.

Van Dayyyyum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Untouchables is not historically accurate--never said it was. It's a fictionalized account of Eliot Ness' hunt for Al Capone. And I hope you're not saying Mafia II is historically accurate...

I meant historically accurate in terms of locations, clothes, cars, etc.

And awesome summary of the movie, bro. Still find it boring as hell though.

There is nothing about this game besides its beautiful - yet very limited - environment that makes it a good game. The gameplay is retarded, first of all. The guns have very limited range with the scope itself being more of a hassle than its worth and the controls feel like they were programmed by a retarded baby. I mean, whose bright idea was it to not include a jump button? And the checkpoints... f****ed. Seriously, f***cked. F***ed. I want to personally meat the f***head who laid out the checkpoints in this game.

And the graphics... Wow. My TV is still recovering from having to display this abomination.

And the story, which apparently everyone went bananas over, is very underwhelming. The whole time I was waiting for that "OMGZ MY CHARACTER HAS FINALLY HIT TEH BIG TIMES WHERES MY BITCHES AND LAVISH LIFESTLYEZ!"... That clearly never happened. The highlight of this story was cleaning a urinal in a men's prison. Yeah, that's pretty amazing story telling. Cheers.

Mind you guys I'm usually not this pessimistic. But this game is just monkey ass. Nothing redeemable about it.

http://yeah-hi.com/files/cool-story-bro.jpg

really wth are you even talking about? i picked this up last night and got to chapter 4 and i'm loving the whole story, environment, gameplay. Everything about this game is what i wanted the first mafia to be since i never really like the first one. Your rant is stupid and you contradict yourself saying the games beautiful and then call it an abomination? fail rant.

Whereas your really complaining about the urinal thing? jesus christ dude. As pointless as it is, at least it gets you around the prison areas and shit lol, whereas most games would just be "go here, kill that guy, get reward" this games better than most mob games so quit bitching

Edited by EliteShadowMan

I loved the story, love some of the moments in the game (Robbing a store, then entering it later to find the lady at the register is talking with two cops, she looks at me and starts screaming "That's him, thats the guy!")

Hated the faulty saving system, getting stuck everywhere, driving around for hours just to get an achievement, mind numbingly stupid AI (just sitting in my van holding still in the middle of the road for 10 minutes, while two cops are shooting at me, not hitting anything, and not moving to get me.)

Yeah, the game has ups and downs, just gotta finish it and get on with your life.

:lbbut: seems to work just fine for climbing or jumping when appropriate.

the only problem i have with LB is when the character suddenly urges to jump on to his car, whereas not jumping over obstacles. seems like climbing and jumping when running (while holding LB in) is random

• 2 weeks later...
The graphics are great.

There's no need for a jump button.

Weapon range is fine.

Stop sucking at the game so much then if you can't get to the next checkpoint. Their finely placed.

I finished the game on my first 2 days playing it on hard. So yeah, I def don't suck at the game, the game sucks itself (n/h).

There is nothing about this game besides its beautiful - yet very limited - environment that makes it a good game. The gameplay is retarded, first of all. The guns have very limited range with the scope itself being more of a hassle than its worth and the controls feel like they were programmed by a retarded baby. I mean, whose bright idea was it to not include a jump button? And the checkpoints... f****ed. Seriously, f***cked. F***ed. I want to personally meat the f***head who laid out the checkpoints in this game.

And the graphics... Wow. My TV is still recovering from having to display this abomination.

And the story, which apparently everyone went bananas over, is very underwhelming. The whole time I was waiting for that "OMGZ MY CHARACTER HAS FINALLY HIT TEH BIG TIMES WHERES MY BITCHES AND LAVISH LIFESTLYEZ!"... That clearly never happened. The highlight of this story was cleaning a urinal in a men's prison. Yeah, that's pretty amazing story telling. Cheers.

Mind you guys I'm usually not this pessimistic. But this game is just monkey ass. Nothing redeemable about it.

did you ever use a checkpoint at hard, really? you suck...

just want to say that i didn't notice a bad checkpoint, the only hard part is at the docks but you just drive your own car inside to get under the boss(you can only drive your OWN car), lure them out one by one and just empty your thompson at Derek, not so hard ehhhh

But I have to admit that the story sucks, it's like you are some little boy with a gun who plays a game of robber or whatever with his little friend who also has a gun, a few woman and some contacts

Edited by lord verh

• 2 weeks later...

This game is horribly under rated and one of the best sand box games out there. The city is probably one of the best sandbox worlds made visually. The story is well made with a great script and nice variation of characters. It's a shame everything these days has to have a shitty campaign and a bug filled multiplayer for it to be successful.

I second this. Mafia 2 was a great game that I constantly kept playing. I feel that the story line was interesting and I'm now playing the DLC, which I also can't stop playing, lol.

I third that. I've played thru the dlc and main story many times. Noticing new little things each time. Also, I can't wait for Joe's Adventures!

Eh, seems to me like a few of you haven't played too many decent sand box games. The horrible check point system in Mafia 2 really brings the game down several notches and you really have very little to do in the actual world aside from the main missions. If you want a decent mob open world game I would suggest either of The Godfather games. Those at least had some depth to the game play mechanics. Glad I didn't pay 60 bucks for this game because it's really just a weekend rental, imo.

Eh, seems to me like a few of you haven't played too many decent sand box games. The horrible check point system in Mafia 2 really brings the game down several notches and you really have very little to do in the actual world aside from the main missions. If you want a decent mob open world game I would suggest either of The Godfather games. Those at least had some depth to the game play mechanics. Glad I didn't pay 60 bucks for this game because it's really just a weekend rental, imo.

I have played and own many sanbox games. GTA and RDR. This is my favorite. Oh and I have a super secret insider tip on how to beat the [Annoying] checkpoint system; DON'T DIE ;)

I have played and own many sanbox games. GTA and RDR. This is my favorite. Oh and I have a super secret insider tip on how to beat the [Annoying] checkpoint system; DON'T DIE ;)

While you can favor a subpar game it surely doesn't change most reviews and general all around common sense or standards. There's a lot of problems with this game, most of which cannot be solved by simply not dying when you fall through the ground or have enemies shoot through supposedly non-destructible cover. Just to name a few. ~_^