This would suck for some!

smokevf

I just watched the new gears of war 3 beta preview on my xbox, and he talks about the maps and exclusive stuff for being part of the beta. And you get a metal for playing the beta, now seriously 3.0 there's apart were it says have all metals. Now is this going to be untamable for people that don't play the beta?

no and no.

seriously 3.0 along with the entire achievement list has not been announced yet so I don't know where you got that info. The fake achievement list on this site has been proven a lie several times.

Plus they would never have an achievements attached to a beta in the first place.

Yeah as said above, even if the list was real the Beta Medal couldn't be a part of it. As per Microsoft's rules, the original 1000 GS for a game MUST be available in the main game (Obviously Glitches not included), other things like Beta's, Demos, Past Games and DLC can obviously add ways to help with unlocking that original 1000, but there must always be a way to get it that uses the original game only.

This is also why some games that have achievements for finishing a game with an imported save from a past game (e.g Mass Effect 2 & Dragon Age 2) also allow you to unlock the achievement by beating the game a second time.

So no, even if the Achievement is real, the Beta Medel will not be required for it.

On the topic of medals, I was reading on the gears forums that there is a medal for killing an enemy in multiplayer who is 50 levels higher than you. Loads of people where moaning about it. I hope they really dont include it in the full game or at least edit it to say kill and enemy over level 50 ect..

If this was included, it would mean if you wanted the 1,000 you'd have to wait for other players to rank up to 50, which would be really frustrating given how good the MP looks :/

On the topic of medals, I was reading on the gears forums that there is a medal for killing an enemy in multiplayer who is 50 levels higher than you. Loads of people where moaning about it. I hope they really dont include it in the full game or at least edit it to say kill and enemy over level 50 ect..

If this was included, it would mean if you wanted the 1,000 you'd have to wait for other players to rank up to 50, which would be really frustrating given how good the MP looks :/

I dont think they would include this in the final game - as it then immediately limits players as many will want to get it. That would mean not playing until enough people out there are in the 50 - 60's rank. Plus I reckon it would take a few months for people to get to that rank.

I seriously doubt EPIC will putt this in.

I dont think they would include this in the final game - as it then immediately limits players as many will want to get it. That would mean not playing until enough people out there are in the 50 - 60's rank. Plus I reckon it would take a few months for people to get to that rank.

I seriously doubt EPIC will putt this in.

Its in pause at 0:47 you see it clearly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zz09r-5kcQ]YouTube - Gears of War 3 Beta Unlocks[/ame]

Edit: Someone on my friend's list that is playing the beta just confirmed for me this

"The ribbons "Underdog" and "Giant Slayer" require you to kill someone 25 and 50 levels above you in rank respectively"

Its in.

Edited by Deyankees1

Its in pause at 0:47 you see it clearly

Edit: Someone on my friend's list that is playing the beta just confirmed for me this

"The ribbons "Underdog" and "Giant Slayer" require you to kill someone 25 and 50 levels above you in rank respectively"

Its in.

Well took me a while to find the right one - Giant Slayer! - Really 25 + 50 ranks above you in rank sucks! That's just an annoying medal/ribbon to get as you are going to have to wait around for people to go higher than you. Luckily there will always be some one better out there than me lol -

Still how your m8 got Beta early?!

Edited by HorsemanOfWar16

Everything will be reset from the beta to the retail game except the flaming gun skins, the golden retro lancer, the Thrashball Cole skin and the 'Beta Tester' medal. Everything else will start from scratch in the retail.

There is a leaked list of achievements and medals are a part of it where you have to do everything, campaign on insane, all the medals, top level online etc. whether this list is the actual list is not confirmed but all of the achievements on it seem totally plausible.

Everything will be reset from the beta to the retail game except the flaming gun skins, the golden retro lancer, the Thrashball Cole skin and the 'Beta Tester' medal. Everything else will start from scratch in the retail.

There is a leaked list of achievements and medals are a part of it where you have to do everything, campaign on insane, all the medals, top level online etc. whether this list is the actual list is not confirmed but all of the achievements on it seem totally plausible.

List is confirmed to be fake. Its been confirmed for a LOOOOONG time now.

List is confirmed to be fake. Its been confirmed for a LOOOOONG time now.

I just want them to be more reasonable with the ribbons (I mean, come on...25 kills in a row without dying is very tough to do, along with a few other insanely hard ones, like the trick shot for the torque bow).

The other stupid ribbon is the kill someone 50 ranks above you...really? Do you all realize how lame that is?

• 3 weeks later...

Rod announced in an interview with IGN yesterday that the Underdog and Giant Slayer ribbons are gone.

We got rid of the two ribbons of killing a guy 25 levels above you and 50 levels over you. Just because, there are other people like Jim (Jim Brown, Lead Level Designer at EPIC) who are completionists that are highly offended by the notion that if they started day one and were reasonably good, there would never be anyone 25 or 50 levels above them. They were offended that there were ribbons they couldn't get. So we changed those out.

Rod announced in an interview with IGN yesterday that the Underdog and Giant Slayer ribbons are gone.

yea I read this interview with rod and jim yesterday. forgot to post. sorry :(

However good news :) - I ranked up pretty quick in the beta and was getting annoyed at the thought of having to slow the pace down when I get online.

well done EPIC :)

yea I read this interview with rod and jim yesterday. forgot to post. sorry :(

However good news :) - I ranked up pretty quick in the beta and was getting annoyed at the thought of having to slow the pace down when I get online.

well done EPIC :)

Also in that article was a mention that the XP payouts would be changed drastically. So you won't be leveling up as quick in the real game.

Besides toning down the XP they want the XP you earn for an hours play time of TDM to be the same as an hour on KotH which was no where close in the Beta.

Also mentioned I think doubling if not more the amount of XP in certain game types "for completing the specified task" wasn't mentioned but sure he meant KotH.

Sure doing the beta we all were saddled with idiot randoms what would just run around for power weapons and then run off to kill or spawn camp. End the match with 30-40 kills and no damn captures... if it was that bad during the beta when kills or XP really didn't matter I shutter to think what will happen when folks are really trying for medals, and ribbons, and grinding for Seriously 3.0.