1999 mode tips

monkeycatt

so, i'm a little over halfway done with 1999 mode and it hasn't been too bad so far. i'm absolutely dreading some of the later battles (the ghost lady and esp. the command deck).

i haven't spent any money on any vigor or gun upgrades (saving it for rez and such).

does anybody know when the last vigor upgrade vending machine appears?

also, any general tips?

so, i'm a little over halfway done with 1999 mode and it hasn't been too bad so far. i'm absolutely dreading some of the later battles (the ghost lady and esp. the command deck).

i haven't spent any money on any vigor or gun upgrades (saving it for rez and such).

does anybody know when the last vigor upgrade vending machine appears?

also, any general tips?

Just finished my 1st play through and the last vigor, dollar bill machines, and weapons upgrades are on the 1st through 3rd decks of the airship before the final battle. Can't remember the specifics but I know the Dollar bill machine is on the 2nd or 3rd level and after you possess it for money you can return to the beginning of the 1st deck where u start the level and if you take the left path you will find a weapon's upgrade station and if you take the right path you will find a vigor upgrade.

I haven't played on hard but I can say that Murder of crows upgrade #2, I believe, it is the one that allows people killed while under the vigor to become Murder of Crow traps; combined with the overkill gear doesn't allow anyone to really move about especially if you combine that with the rising bloodlust gear for having each successful kill improve weapon damage that stacks up to five times. I was to the point I was killing everything including the handymen and automotrons in 1-3 hits while only having to worry about maybe 2 people moving about to shoot me. Shock Jockey and Bucking Bronco were my fall back powers on the few things that Murder of Crow didn't effect for mass enemies. Also Undertow is great for getting a couple shots off on the Handymen without allowing them to move if you do the charged version of it.