Best Character Combo for Hardcore

Mr 4T7

I've pretty much used Baroness and Heavy Duty, with Baroness as my #1. Maybe it's all in my head but she seems faster than everyone else and her alternate attack is also fast and does decent damage immediately since it's just a single shot (vs say heavy duty where its a couple of concentrated blasts). The only time I've switched this team up is when I had to fight serpent viper armor, then I'd swap Heavy Duty with Backblast since his regular mortar attack is kinda like an AOE attack and it hits them in the back without having to roll behind them first. I'll park Baroness behind cover as P1, then let the comp P2 stand there and launch mortars while getting shot in the face. He can't die if you arent playing him and usually takes them down in a couple of shots.

My 2 cents are for Heady Duty and BackBlast. Especially Back Blast, the dude is a beast. Once you are close enough to an enemy his gun doesnt lob anymore, and it knocks everyone nearby down. So even for like the yellow robot dudes you just get up close and shoot 3-4 times and they are dead. So far I am only halfway through the Jungle but this has worked so far. Just beat the Firefly fight without ever having to switch characters or even getting touched.

Ripcord and GungHo if there are Soldier doors, Scarlett and GungHo for Commando. I find Scarlett's homing arrows to be very effective at clearing enemies in a pinch but her health is too low to make her my #1.

Yeah I gotta agree with Swaggers. Arctic and Desert were cake using this combo, although I havent done the Jungle or Tundra missions yet.

I've been using a Ripcord / Backblast combo and it's been meatsack, I can't believe no one else is pimping Ripcord when you can have the turrets do all the work.

Throw turret

Hide around corner

Get kills

Yooooooooooooooo Joe!

Ripcord is definitely key with all of those Bats. Does Backblast's weapon make the enemies fall over like Gung-Ho? That is the main reason I have been using Gung-Ho because it buys you some time.

Off-topic question: I went a man down on Hardcore and then finished the level. I was still able to get the GI Joe rating. My question is, does the game penalize you points-wise if you do go man down on Hardcore?

I would say Backblast as the main guy, he is too powerful once in close range. What takes minutes to kill takes seconds with him if used right.

Others, I would say either Snake Eyes (his slash attack has great power and range), Heavy Duty (for just raining down direct fire), Agent Helix (her shield has saved me numerous times) or Destro (has a direct rocket launcher, not as powerful as Backblast's, but strong still). Ripcord is ok, but I never used his turret much.

• 2 weeks later...

Ripcord and Gung Ho. I did every single mission using these two. (playes as ripcord tho)

Ripcord is by far the best charcater b ecause his special attack deploys a small drone on the floor which draws enemy fire allowing you to flank/have free shots at the enemy.

Gungho will shoot grenades and will knock down the enemy for you and is very effective against turrets and non moving targets.

• 4 months later...
Ripcord and Gung Ho. I did every single mission using these two. (playes as ripcord tho)

Ripcord is by far the best charcater b ecause his special attack deploys a small drone on the floor which draws enemy fire allowing you to flank/have free shots at the enemy.

Gungho will shoot grenades and will knock down the enemy for you and is very effective against turrets and non moving targets.

Thanks for the tip on Gung-Ho, I was using Ripcord and Backblast the whole game until the last level and just couldnt get passed it, until I read this and switched to Gung-Ho. Got through the rest of the game first try after this.

i kinda think heavy and the red laser guy. cant remember name at the moment. im just struggling getting the GI joe rank on the first lvl.

Dont bother with the first level, just get GIJoe rank on the rest and you'll have enough points.

I used classic Scarlet and a heavy guy, usually Heavy Duty until I unlocked Backblast. Fun game despite its flaws.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm going to have to agree with BOPho3nix, Heavy Duty and Backblast seem to be the best combo.

Now that I have completed the game and have all the character I'm going to have to change my idea on the best combo. The best combo by far is Baroness and Heavy Duty. I haven't come up against anything she can't kill in short order.