My chat with MS Support

Streak Leader

I decided that, in order to complete this game, I would just go ahead an purchase the 3, 80 MS point coin packs in Monster Island. Much to my chagrin, the achievement did not pop and I am out 240 MS points. I decided to give Xbox Chat Support a try.

Here's what happened:

General Info

Chat start time Apr 30, 2012 3:39:21 PM EST Chat end time Apr 30, 2012 4:03:34 PM EST Duration (actual chatting time) 00:24:13 Operator Latonya Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '2' in the queue.

info: Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Latonya'.

Patrick: Hello.

Latonya: Hello, my name is Tonya. Please give me a moment to review your information.

Patrick: No problem.

Latonya: I completely understand your concern. Lets look into this together and see what our options are.

Latonya: How is your day going so far Patrick?

Patrick: Just fine. Yours?

Latonya: That is good to hear! My day is going fine thanks for asking! So we are on the same page you are having trouble with a game for windows 7 phone is this correct?

Patrick: Yes. Monster Island. I know the game was pulled from the Marketplace because of an issue with one of the achievements. The achievement, called "Big Spender," required you to buy 3 coin packs @ 80 MS points per pack. I purchased 3 coin packs, had the total of 240 MS points deducted from my total, and the achievement failed to pop. I am out the MS points AND the achievement.

Latonya: Thank you for that information Patrick, unfortunately in regards to this issue I will need to refer you to the game publisher as we do not provide support for the windows 7 games and only the publisher will be able to assist you with this issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you!

Latonya: For your future reference, your service request number for this chat is: 1176035030.

Latonya: Please quote this with our support team if you need to contact us again on this issue.

Patrick: Do you have contact information for the publisher? Their website (miniclip.com) is a massive jumble of web-based games with no hint of any way to contact them.

Patrick: Also, does the publisher have the ability to refund Microsoft points?

Latonya: I can try to find some contact information as I would have to search the internet. Please give me a few moments to look that up. Unfortunately I will not be able to provide a answer to the last question. As we do not have any information on them.

Patrick: I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. I seriously doubt that I am the only person in the world having this issue.

Patrick: I guess if the only assistance you can provide will come from your search of the Internet, I am probably capable of searching Google, oops, I mean Bing, myself...

Latonya: Thank you for your patience Patrick, you will need to go to their website and scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link for contact us.

Patrick: Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [e-mail address deleted] at the end of your chat.

Latonya: For your future reference, your service request number for this chat is: 1176035030.

Latonya: Please quote this with our support team if you need to contact us again on this issue.

Latonya: Have I done everything I can to resolve your reasons for contacting us today?

Patrick: You have done everything you have told me you could do.

Latonya: You are welcome, It has been a pleasure assisting you today, I would like to thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. If you can please click the x in the upper right corner to end this chat, and Again Thank you for contact Xbox Customer Support.

• 2 weeks later...