Who's stopping at 850 and who's going for 1000 GS

tommy060289

How many GS Points will you be going for in Bioshock: Infinite  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How many GS Points will you be going for in Bioshock: Infinite

• 1000 GS is the only option! must complete 100%
    • 850 GS will do fine for me. Those last two achievements are just silly

Afternoon all!

Yesterday I completed Bioshock on Hard and finished all the achievements that I intend to do (excepting DLC) and have 850 GS. Obviously the two I am avoiding is the two achievements for 1999 mode.

I'm all up for a challenge and going through on the hardest difficultly but to me that achievement just involves too much jibbing of the player as:

1. Its a constant balance between having enough money to get past possible deaths and spending money on upgrades

and

2. I really dont want to spend time going through the game to get bummed by the siren battle which was hard enough on Hard difficult. The difficultly isnt so much the problem as the game over part of the game.

I know people will say 'well the achievements aren't supposed to be easy' but to me this game mode goes a bit beyond challenging so I think I'll stick to having 850 rather than 1000 GS.

anyways, thats my thought and just thought I might do a bit of a survey to see how many other people intend to do all the achievements bar these two and how many are mad enough to go for 1000 GS!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going for the full 1000 and currently doing my 1999 run right now. So far, not bad at all. I generally opt for close quarter combat with the bucking bronco/shotgun combo, and fall back on the carbine/sniper rifle in conjunction with possession for crowd control if overwhelmed. Absolutely in love with the game, and I think I might play through Bioshock 1 & 2 again, just for old-times sake.

1999 mode isn't as hard as most people are claiming. It's definitely the easiest of the three games. With the hardest being the brass balls achievement from the first. I'm right at the Siren battle now. And I've only died maybe 3 times. Not struggling with upgrades and vigors either - I have several upgraded. And I have 2500 cash in hand. So, yeah. I'll be finishing the full 1k.

i'm not going for the 1000, i loved bioshock 1 & 2, but this one isn't what i expected of it.

i'm glad to have finished it, because i do not like the story (the other bioshock's, i wanted to play on and on, i didn't had that drive with this story), it's weird and got nothing to do with the other bioshock games, at least not yet, maybe it will make sense if the next bioshock comes.

but for now i dislike this storyline and i do think that the other bioshock's are definitely much better.

i think it is the same as with assasins creed, it is some sort of 2.5 version and not the real bioshock 3.

Afternoon all!

Yesterday I completed Bioshock on Hard and finished all the achievements that I intend to do (excepting DLC) and have 850 GS. Obviously the two I am avoiding is the two achievements for 1999 mode.

I'm all up for a challenge and going through on the hardest difficultly but to me that achievement just involves too much jibbing of the player as:

1. Its a constant balance between having enough money to get past possible deaths and spending money on upgrades

and

2. I really dont want to spend time going through the game to get bummed by the siren battle which was hard enough on Hard difficult. The difficultly isnt so much the problem as the game over part of the game.

I know people will say 'well the achievements aren't supposed to be easy' but to me this game mode goes a bit beyond challenging so I think I'll stick to having 850 rather than 1000 GS.

anyways, thats my thought and just thought I might do a bit of a survey to see how many other people intend to do all the achievements bar these two and how many are mad enough to go for 1000 GS!

Not gonna lie, I think the Siren battle will be easier on 1999. If you die on hard, she pretty much went back to full health and you were left with less ammo to kill her. On 1999 mode you at least reset from the beginning and still have full ammo to fight her.

As for stopping, I will eventually go back and get 100%, but I only rented it from Gamefly for now, so I stopped at 450 something. I'll pick the game up when I find a copy for $20-$30 and 100% it.

Definitely going for the full 1000. I'm in the middle of my 1999 play-through now, so even if I have to play the game once more to clean up, it's no big deal for me.

Plus, I love the Bioshock franchise, so why would I give up with only one play-through and under 12 hours of game time? I'll also be doing the DLC when it's released because why the hell not? The more Bishock, the merrier! :woop: