glitches

M0rpheus

I love the game, that's for sure

BUT all those glitches in this game!!

a shotgun I can't pick up

standing still to a dead body and can't do ****

just @ the end of the endfight I die, I respawn with elisabeth next to me,nothing happens, reload the checkpoint, now she's going on the skyline and me...still standing there... :woop:

Have a brand new xbx, so it's not gonna be my xbx..

give the game a 91% because of thse glitches, 100% to this game is...:Bounce:

I had a few glitches during my 1999 mode. Don't know what caused one but I am 99% sure what caused the second.

Number 1 glitch I ran into was after you get the shock jockey and you have to turn on the Gondola Generator. The gondola came but the ramp never lowered not allowing Elizabeth to pick the lock and preventing me from moving forward. Reloaded twice with the same result and the third time I sat next to the gondola knowing an enemy would be there and it lowered finally but I lost half my health from being shot while it did.

Second one was I went to jump on a sky line and apparently glitched to an area that still had carts attached to it that later in the story wouldn't normally be there. Managed to jump back to the proper part of the skyline but when I landed I couldn't turn or move. Could shoot, jump, and do everything else except walk or turn. Reloaded and was fine. Fairly sure jumping to the wrong skyline caused the glitch.

My first time playing though Elizabeth was riding the sky rails at the end of the final battle and it took nearly 4 minutes for her to finally go where she was supposed to. I just took the time exploring the ship and seeing what there was in prep of my 1999 mode. You might just need to give it time to catch up.

Edited by DemonRaider1138

I haven't experienced any glitches- so not counting the handman easy heartbreaker glitch because I did it intentionally. The only thing that I guess is close to glitching that I have had happen is Elizabeth likes to stand in the way of the doors a lot and box me in. I have had a few times I have had to reload a checkpoint because no matter what I did, she refused to move.

The only glitch I found is when riding the skyline Elizabeth was stuck and No matter what I did she would not follow me. I even tried shooting her to make her fall but nope didn't work. I had to re-load the check point and all was fine after that.

I haven't run into many glitches at all. Things seemed to have gone great so far. One thing that did happen was Booker and Elizabeth's voices dropped pretty low when I was playing one night. During game sequences they were normal but when they were talking while walking around or unlocking a door they sounded very very deep. Elizabeth sounded like a man! It was a pretty funny glitch. Hasn't happened since though. :p

seems to hear it's pretty random, some have the luck some don't...

even forgot to mention 2 glitches...

on chapter 18 with the handyman going up that place for that glitch, when I'm going to far on the rightwall I just fall downstairs where ther's nothing but a floor, so I need to jump from that floor into the clouds to come back, every single time it happend and I'm coming back on a random place, one time just in front of handyman lol

the second one happend somewhere to a open space with a fontain and elisabeth needs to picklock a door, 1 enemy was left under a staircase, could here him but couldn't see him, and elisabeth couldn't pick the lock until he was dead, reloaded the checkpoint but the 2nd time it was the same ****so when I attached myself to a hook I saw his healthbar,luckily I had an rpg with me so I shot 5 times to the staircase and he was dead...

Edited by M0rpheus

I haven't experienced any glitches- so not counting the handman easy heartbreaker glitch because I did it intentionally. The only thing that I guess is close to glitching that I have had happen is Elizabeth likes to stand in the way of the doors a lot and box me in. I have had a few times I have had to reload a checkpoint because no matter what I did, she refused to move.

You know if you aim down your sight at her she moves, I am not sure if you tried that yet but if you have then that is weird indeed.

You know if you aim down your sight at her she moves, I am not sure if you tried that yet but if you have then that is weird indeed.

I have. I have even gone as far as attacking her and others in the area to try to trigger combat and that doesn't work either sometimes. I have just learned where to not go so she wont box me in anymore. It doesn't bother me whether she does or doesn't box me in. It's just sometimes its annoying, especially if the last checkpoint was a long way back.

According to Irrational's forums for the game, it seems like I am not the only one that is having this problem- although it seems very random and you are less likely to have it happen than your console not saving or crashing while playing the game.

Edited by Sophia Hyakato

When I was doing the Gear respawn run, once I dismounted the skyline too close to the gate of the Weapons Shoppe and I ended up passing through it.

To my surprise, the room on the other side was only half loaded. I could see the walls, the counter and the doorway that you have to open with Shock Jockey, but there was no other detail. Everything was blank and there was no Shock Jockey node or gate across the door, however they still would not open.

When I turned back around the gate was there, and fortunately allowed me to lift it. And while it went through the animation of Booker hoisting the gate and Elizabeth walking under it, when it finished, I remained inside the shop and everything loaded properly.

I'd just assumed that the interiors of those shops simply loaded with the rest of the environment and the gates were just an obstacle, but apparently it only loads them up upon opening the gate. This is probably why the Gear inside the shop keeps respawning.

Never experienced any of these glitches you mentioned. Only "problem" I've had is when Elizabeth threw me ammo or something and the ammo came flying at me through a crate. But I'm not complaining, Booker still caught that ammo like a pr0.

those always make me laugh :D