is the Multiplayer dead?

MikeCorruption

I'm tempted to buy this and number 2 because I've heard such good things about them, but I'm wondering if its worth it as this ones been out a while and usually there multiplayer on older games is dead.

How does Borderlands multiplayer fair?

If multiplayer is not still an option, both of these are fun as hell on single player.

regardless of if the online is active should not keep you from purchasing this game!! its an unbelivable amount of fun!! Yes co-op makes it just as much fun and even more so with friends or complete strangers! Make the purchase, and believe me you will not regret it!

• 1 month later...

if you do find someone there is pretty much a 90-100% chance they will have modded shields and weapons and will probly just throw it down for you so question is do you want to play borderlands 1 legit or do you wanna play with modded gear

oh btw play borderlands 1 first. i was late to borderlands and started with borderlands 2 and really enjoyed the game. when i got every achievement most of the people i played 2 with said 1 was better so i ended up going and playing one and i really disagree and say borderlands 2 is better and i didnt really enjoy borderlands 1

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

• 1 month later...
if you do find someone there is pretty much a 90-100% chance they will have modded shields and weapons and will probly just throw it down for you so question is do you want to play borderlands 1 legit or do you wanna play with modded gear

oh btw play borderlands 1 first. i was late to borderlands and started with borderlands 2 and really enjoyed the game. when i got every achievement most of the people i played 2 with said 1 was better so i ended up going and playing one and i really disagree and say borderlands 2 is better and i didnt really enjoy borderlands 1

This is the truth. I like Borderlands 2 better as well. As for 1 I quit playing it online due to the fact that nobody plays legit ever. I spent forever getting all the elite gear and weapons and the game is super easy with them and fun but when I play online the fun is just zapped out because everyone joins at lv 1 and instantly tries to challenge lv 69 to duels using modded weapons and shields that make them invincible.

I hate cheaters and this game was the absolute worst for them. I was so happy when the developers wiped modded weapons in an update and within a week people had created new ones and distributed them to everybody.

If you do play online make sure you play with friends who don't have modded gear and never join or create a public match. I had a full character glitch because I tried to join a game and the person was glitching his and my character fell into the glitch.