Tuning issues

vansen1981

Loving the game and think its an absolutely great training tool but I gotta ask,

Does anyone else having issues with trying to tune their guitar?

It can take ages and especially if it's a non standard tuning.

I never had any problems with the 1st rocksmith so is 2014 more sensitive or could the issue be my guitar.

i dont have this game just the 1st one. i am a guitarist. do you have a tuner at home? if not buy one. i use boss TU-80 tuner & metronome. but if it was your guitat. it would be the strings. if the 1st game tuner works its the software. i have read freezing issues too. so i am staying away from this one unless it gets patched. hope i have helped

Yeah brother! I've had problems getting the tuning to work quickly too, especially on the 5th and 6th strings.

I've found two things that help. Turn the volume on your guitar all the way up. and if it's having a hard time completing the circle on a string, you can keep plucking it lightly to finish it out.

It's been working great for me. Hope it works for you!

The tuner in RS 2014 is much more accurate than the one used in Rocksmith. If you can get the tuner to register your string, you're normally good.

A trick I recommend using when tuning is:

1. Hit the string and let it sound. Now quickly tune so that you are below the desired frequency (always tune up to a note even if detuning a string).

2. Now hit the string a second time and, as it sounds, tighten the string and try to get close to your desired frequency.

3. Repeat step 2 as needed (more experience you have with guitar, the less time this will take).

I should also mention that detuning your guitar will always start on the high E string as opposed to low E. This was done to reduce allow string tension to distribute easily across all strings which helps prevents breaking strings while tuning.

Cheers for the advice, I have tried everything what you all mentioned and sometimes it can be a pain in the butt, normal or E standard seems ok to tune but when it wants to tune to something like I think its Eb standard or especially Eb Drop Db is the biggest issue for me.

Cheers for the advice, I have tried everything what you all mentioned and sometimes it can be a pain in the butt, normal or E standard seems ok to tune but when it wants to tune to something like I think its Eb standard or especially Eb Drop Db is the biggest issue for me.

You'll get a feel for it. Just don't sweat the numbers as much as you might have in RS1. The tuner is much more sensitive. Just tune down then tune up to your target. As long as that circle fills up, you're good to go. Your guitar will sound fine with the song.

• 2 months later...
Yeah brother! I've had problems getting the tuning to work quickly too, especially on the 5th and 6th strings.

I've found two things that help. Turn the volume on your guitar all the way up. and if it's having a hard time completing the circle on a string, you can keep plucking it lightly to finish it out.

It's been working great for me. Hope it works for you!

That's the same problem I've had and that's the same solution that works for me.