Arena Tips

Lucent Beam

So if I'm understanding this right you get points from the bmg healing?

Yup 10 points every cpl seconds. With 3 ppl getting damaged it took about 90mins. Just need a good stock of ammo spikes. But if you run out you can leave arena, buy more and "join friend" only 1 person gets the 100k, but that's all you need.

Wow. That would be a viable strategy on any arena, with 2 or more players.

True but unnecessary for all but maybe Ridgecrest. I ran thru as a duo for the most part and golded them by a safe margin. It does take a long time to score up with the BMG. But after several hours last night, and more this morning we were pretty fed up of not seeing things to shoot.

The only problem for us is that we crit'd out EVERY time we tried the healing method after only about 30 minutes of healing.

We managed 96k on a 'legit' try with no healing, but we only got like 15k or 20k when Dekuso died even though we were 100% certain we had the 3x multiplier. On that try one person was frozen in the downed animation on their screen and we couldnt rez them, or even see them. That may be why we didnt get the 30k we shouldve gotten when he died.

This arena would be cake city if it were like the PC without all the infuriating glitches on the 360.

On that try one person was frozen in the downed animation on their screen and we couldnt rez them, or even see them. That may be why we didnt get the 30k we shouldve gotten when he died.

I could see her character. I didn't know you guys couldn't. On my screen, she was not downed. She was just standing there, turning around (I guess when she was "moving" on the ground in her screen).

Also:

Patch 1.403 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

Release Date: 3/15/2014 @ 2 AM PDT / 3 AM GMT

Ridgecrest Mines Arena: Echelon soldiers now give a multiplier when killed.

Edited by Lucent Beam

*patch notes*:

That patch will make the mines cake like the rest of them. Well, of course they would be if the servers actually worked.

As for DyDekuso, whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right. Also Karma plays a big part. Oh, and if you didn't put enough attribute points into the luck tree, you may need to re-spec.

What the ever loving fuck. Theyre "fixing" ridgecrest, which is totally doable, but theyre not fixing dekuso. Yeah, that makes sense. I'm plenty aware that we are capable of doing it, even in its broken state. Luck is a huge factor though. You might dismiss that because you got it, but its a factor.

Also, what does karma have anything to do with it? Are we still talking about the thing that I apparently did wrong at some point even though I have no earthly idea WHO I wronged or HOW I wronged him/her???

It's a dig at me.

Lol LB I cant imagine there being any negative kharma directed at you. You wouldnt hurt a fly. Unless that fly was setting up shop in dekuso's broken arse arena! :-D

Well Im gonna be on first thing in the a.m. after work if anyone wants to run this bastard again with me. Then probably all night tomorrow night if i wind up having the night off.

A simple drop of points on Dekuso in the short term until they fix the graphics issues would be enough. Even if it was to 80-85k Still keeps it hard, but also achievable. The bonus for Dekuso seems to be anything from 6k to 30k. With 4 people on a 3x multi we only got 18k

Ridgecrest was tough, but with perseverance it was doable, you just couldn't crush it like the others, and you really needed 4 people. Now you could probably do it with 2.

Yeah you would still have to focus and do well to get 80 or 85k, but at least it wouldnt be so luck dependent on how badly the visual glitches screw you.

I think Bleach and I are going to try again this morning at about 8:30a.m. US Central time if anyone is around and wants to join us. Im not sure if our regulars will be on at that time.

PS - even if I get it done today Im committed to coming back and helping other regulars like Pyro Jigamafre, Lucent Beam, Radiant Viper, etc get this done. Especially if they never fix it or any "fix" doesnt actually work.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Realistically we should have been able to without it. The other day we had over 70k before we killed Dekuso with your sister LB. I think i figured out why we didnt get the 30k. With her glitched out in the downed animation oh her screen, the game didnt give us the 2,000 point bonus for finishing with everyone alive. That 2,000 points gets multiplied by the multiplier (maybe I think?) or else you dont get as many for Dekuso without all 4 people up. Either way, we missed out on 6,000-8,000 points due to that glitch. That wouldve put us over 100k on that "legit" attempt.

Thats the silly part. We had a legit run that by all rights shouldve been 100k, but we got screwed out of the gold by that glitch not by a lack of skill. Thats why we decided to do the heal method. We wound up farovershooting the 100k because we got the 30k boost with the multiplier at the end, but we just didnt want to risk trying multiple times until we got a good run with 70k before the kill only to get screwed out of it by another glitch. We left ourselves a big enough cushion that we didnt even need the x3 at the end.

Im going to be available for the forseeable future to help the veterans that need help get it. If you see me online even if Im on XboxOne Lucent, shoot me a message if you need another person for a go at it. Same goes for RV, PyroJig, n all the other vets on here. I dont want to leave anyone behind, ESPECIALLY if Trion doesnt fix Dekuso in a timely manner, or at all.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

There shouldn't be any need to do the healing method, but with the state its in it comes down to luck whether enough people see enough enemies to rack up a score in the survival waves.

Add that to how unbalanced the score requirements are amongst the maps. Seeing as on the hell bug map (I forget the name) that has crystals to destroy you can get Gold 1/4 of the way through, and the Dark Matter Bunker being a joke with 2, let alone 4. You get this one where you have to hope you have a couple of enemies still standing when you get Dekuso to a point where he can die. And then hope you can see the leftover enemies to kill!

80k was a consistent score for 4 of us, and that was with at least 2 of us spending half of each Survive wave looking for a target, or randomly firing rockets hoping to at least wing a couple of enemies for team bonuses.

It was mentioned in the Live stream that the "memory issue" is being looked at. But who knows when that will come along.

Yeah 80k is consistently doable despite the glitches, even 90k. Its pretty easy to leave 2-3 enemies alive at the end and whittle Dekuso to a sliver of health so that you can get the x3 at the end (as long as he doesnt vanish/teleport right when you kill those last few enemies, but thats more timing than luck). But it is quite amusing that none of the arenas pose a challenge to gold whatsoever except him. I also find it quite annoying when PC players on Trions forums laugh and say get better, when many of us are probably better than them at the game. They just arent facing the glitch issues. Hope it gets fixed soon so others can get their gold without any stress.

Phew. Did all nine arenas to gold standard in three hours, with three guys I've never even spoken to before we started. Luckily they'd all played Defiance to completion so we knew what we were doing.

Did all arenas first time except for the third Dark Matter one (as it lagged us all out AFTER we'd hit the gold score, typical). Ridgecrest took us three goes, but was fairly easy. Dukuso took us four attempts, first one started with us trying the healing thing - but it's just a time sink. So we quit out and went for points. Did it with 115k in the end. Yay!

I was worried these would be impossible, well a couple of them, but with a bit of communication they are perfectly doable.

Edited by jackanape

Woo! Got gold on Dekuso and Ridgecrest tonight, with my brother and two other clan members I've never played with.

We had trouble with Ridgecrest until we decided to camp out where the tankers spawn. I think we had five or six show up.

On Dekuso, we kept creeping up in scor every time we finished it. The last time we managed to get three tankers total to spawn, one in the second wave, and two in the third. I ended up with 106K.

Now to get 2600 more pistol kills...

Have been fixes for issues with matron's nest and ridgecrest, so I am cautiously optimistic that dekuso will be next. Heard something about a server side fix for memory leaks, but not anything for sure about dekuso yet. Not holding my breath for it though lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...