Crazy Difficulty

I played it with 2 other randoms last night and it is pretty tough, the yeti boss on wave 4 killed us all pretty quick.

Well the first place you went wrong was trying CRAAAAAZY difficulty with only 3 people. That won't work unless you're all extremely good and even then you'll need some luck.

Also, the boss rounds are 5 and 10, not 4. ;)

I played a game with a group of strangers on crazy and I died with 5 seconds left during the evacuation period. It wouldn't have been as bad, but at least 2 of the players were pea shooters and just camped up high and didn't seem to be getting a lot done from there. I was a cactus and was playing ground level by the garden and was doing most of the work. The other players didn't even seem to ever plant anything...until the worst moment. I like to plant a sunflower at the evacuation area while we wait, but one of them got there first and planted that freezing plant and everyone died.

My point is that a group of decent players who all contribute to the team should make this pretty doable.

I tried it once with randoms and it went pretty poorly. The players weren't that bad but either didn't have a lot of consumables to use or just opted not to use them, which made surviving near impossible. I'd def say sun farming with boss mode and a large supply of potted plants could make this pretty doable with even just a decent team.

The other night I played a public match with random people and we beat it on hard with ease. We decided to try it on crazy and it was a pretty substantial leap in difficulty. We got to wave 10 and ended up all dying and someone kept saving the team but after trying it 3 times we lost.

I got this last night playing with random people, which is amazing because most times I never get past Wave 4 or 5 on Crazy. It was a lot of fun during the final wave and evacuation. I have only played on Crazy difficulty so the Evac part was a great surprise at the end of the level and made it extra intense. Our squad consisted of 3 Pea Shooters and 1 Sun Flower. We were down to just two of us on Wave 10 but managed to kill the Yeti to finish the wave. All three Ops difficulty achievements popped after the evac. It was an awesome feeling.

I got this last night playing with random people, which is amazing because most times I never get past Wave 4 or 5 on Crazy. It was a lot of fun during the final wave and evacuation. I have only played on Crazy difficulty so the Evac part was a great surprise at the end of the level and made it extra intense. Our squad consisted of 3 Pea Shooters and 1 Sun Flower. We were down to just two of us on Wave 10 but managed to kill the Yeti to finish the wave. All three Ops difficulty achievements popped after the evac. It was an awesome feeling.

I'm gonna try doing this with the pea shooters and sunflower.

I've found that most random people playing this are generally idiots that are too scared to use a self revive, pot a plant, or just shouldn't be playing on Crazy difficulty because they don't know what class to use...I join randoms and they are using Chompers for crying out loud...

Any serious players that have done this or are experienced in Garden Ops hit me up and we can give it a real try.

When just one players escapes and all other players die during the evacuation will the cheevo still pop for everyone?

Yes. Everyone will get the achievement as long as at least one person escapes. This was how I got my cheevo for Hard. I was dead but still nabbed it.

I joined a Wave 1 game on Crazy and with only 3 people (until wave 5) we did very good. A 4th person joined in and we made it to the very last boss but luck wasn't on our side. We happened to get 3 Diamonds for a 10k jackpot but than it re-spun and gave us a Super Boss that we couldn't handle because our Garden was only about 1/10th of health left so we failed multiple times with the retry.

Crazy isn't so hard as it seems if you have players that know what they're doing and have at least 1 Sunflower and a good stock of Consumables.

In our try we had 2 Pea Shooters, a Sunflower, and a Toxic pea (me). Can't wait to try this again tomorrow. :D

Anybody beaten Garden Ops on this difficulty yet? I was wondering how much harder it is versus hard, because I was able to knock out hard with random matchups and I didn't want to waste supplies on a random team if the difficulty spikes pretty greatly.

Died on the last round on hard :mad:

I did crazy difficulty on my first run through of garden ops. We used 2 sun flowers, 2 pea shooters. We did it on the map Port Scallywag and planted the garden on the left as you spawn in. Try to always have sun flower pots deployed where you are defending. The most useful thing for this mode is the retry wave consumable which you can use if you fail a wave.