Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

OK. Because there are 2 achievements where you need to play online right?

Some claim to have gotten Master and Commander without playing online. Personally, I don't buy it. But yes, there is another called Defender, in which you must get all zones to 100% readiness via MP. Just play "any map" so your Galactic Readiness goes up by 3-4% after each round in EVERY cluster.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you do Battle Scarred?

Is it when I beat the game I upload that character into multiplayer?

You can get it two ways:

- Promote a multiplayer character that has attained the highest rank (20).

- Complete the game once and import the character from your previous playthrough into a new playthrough.

I can confirm that no Multiplayer is needed for "Master and Commander" + "Defender" :)

I continually used the ME3-Datapad for about a week alongside my 1st Playthrough until i had only the Cerberus-HQ-Mission left.

I then turned in all my Missions on the Datapad (one for each sector to get 100% simultaneously in all 5), checked the War Room on the Normandy and "Defender" popped up.

TMS 7043

EMS 7043

100% Galactic Readiness

"Master and Commander" popped up after starting the Cerberus-HQ-Mission

My Datapad usage:

"1-hour-missions" during the day

"6-hour-missions" at night

~1.30% readiness per hour in each sector.

I can confirm that no Multiplayer is needed for "Master and Commander" + "Defender" :)

I continually used the ME3-Datapad for about a week alongside my 1st Playthrough until i had only the Cerberus-HQ-Mission left.

I then turned in all my Missions on the Datapad (one for each sector to get 100% simultaneously in all 5), checked the War Room on the Normandy and "Defender" popped up.

TMS 7043

EMS 7043

100% Galactic Readiness

"Master and Commander" popped up after starting the Cerberus-HQ-Mission

My Datapad usage:

"1-hour-missions" during the day

"6-hour-missions" at night

~1.30% readiness per hour in each sector.

Yes, going that route, multiplayer may not be needed. But you need an iphone or ipad or something to get it your way.

What people want to know is how to get these by only playing campaign. It's impossible to get 'Defender' that way until future DLC. Master and Commander may be possible, but I'd like some proof.

The Master And Commander achievement did not pop for me when I have a total of 5197 EMS. My Military strength is at 5250 and my readiness is at 99%. I just completed the game and I noticed this hasn't popped for me yet when it should have awhile ago. What the fuck?

The Master And Commander achievement did not pop for me when I have a total of 5197 EMS. My Military strength is at 5250 and my readiness is at 99%. I just completed the game and I noticed this hasn't popped for me yet when it should have awhile ago. What the fuck?

Did you have that EMS before beginning the mission "Priority: Cerberus HQ" - it unlocks directly after beginning that mission, not at the end of the game.

Did you have that EMS before beginning the mission "Priority: Cerberus HQ" - it unlocks directly after beginning that mission, not at the end of the game.

Yes, that is where I saved before continuing on.

For untouchable, you don't need to get to a mass relay to escape. I did it at the beginning of the game by going to the exodus cluster then leaving Utopia via the green arrow which takes you to the cluster map, I then flew to Asgard, another planet in that cluster and was scanning there. Just before I maxed out the scan I moved next to the green arrow to leave Asgard and did my scan there, when the Reapers turned up, I just traveled straight off the edge and into the cluster map to escape. I would imagine it would work for any system that has a green ring border rather than a red one.

In the guide it says you need 17 matches to get maximum readiness. However, if you play 2 games in each sector and 2 games in a random sector, it will only take 12.

If you choose a specific sector you get 15% added to that sector, plus 2% added to the other 4. This would give you 23% in total, compared to 15% that you would get by choosing a random sector.

If you choose a specific sector you get 15% added to that sector, plus 2% added to the other 4. This would give you 23% in total, compared to 15% that you would get by choosing a random sector.

That has not been my experience. I generally get +7% in the specific sector (rasing the total Readiness only 1%) and nothing else in the others. Not sure how you're getting those results.

That has not been my experience. I generally get +7% in the specific sector (rasing the total Readiness only 1%) and nothing else in the others. Not sure how you're getting those results.

I'm basing it off what it says in the on-disc manual. Perhaps they changed the reward before the game shipped, but didn't update the manual.

Not sure what happened then. It literally unlocks directly after choosing to start the mission. If you still have a save file before that mission, just try starting it again (maybe with 100% Readiness).

I figured out what the problem was. When asked if I was sure if I wanted to start the mission I said no because I had some stuff to do still. I then went up to the commanders cabin which triggered the cutscene and mission automatically for some reason anyway so I said fuck it and just finished the game. When I reloaded my save I said yes I was ready and when the same cutscene triggered the achievement popped.

I'm just gonna add this in case it's not been mentioned, but if it has then I'm just confirming this further. Anyways.

When you attain 100% readiness on all 5 systems (which should put you on well over 4000 EMS), you can simply redo the final mission in single player (assault the Illusive Man's base) and the achievement will instantly pop, saving you the hassle of playing through the entire story again.