Youtube 10 minutes +

Adam Miller

Not that technical but i have a video that i wanna upload on youtube it meets the size gap and its avi, but its over 10 minutes long...(11:41) and will not upload.

I either need some really easy software so that i can pick certain segments of the video to delete eg from like 1:20 to 1:50 etc or a way to upload videos to youtube that are longer than 10 minutes because i know its possible.

Thanks for any help. :)

Basically you need to be a director to upload vids longer than ten mins, not sure how you become one though.

You need to go to your YouTube account settings and change ur account type to "Director", don't worry, it don't cost nothing. I changed mine to Musician....though...not much changes tbh. But for Director you probs do get 10+ min videos.

I thought you had to be a youtube partner, and not a "director", as any member can set themselves to director right from the start.

A youtube partner is someone who gets offered the chance to take revenue from all the clicks they get onto their videos, I think you get offered to be a partner after a certain number of subscriptions (which is definately in the thousands, by the way)

you used to be able to get +10 minute videos with Director, but then, there also used to be an approval process for it. Nowadays, Youtube Partner is the only way to go. A word to the wise, they are extremely stingy in approving Gaming partners.

A note, if you are going to cut the video, you only actually NEED to cut it down to below 10:59. They give you that much leeway in the "over 10 minute" restriction.