Achievement Discussion

SpiralGamerpro

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Have a score of X or more in chapter Y" achevements since every kill and such nets you points.

Just hoping that they won't be so high and grinding-natured...

I agree but this is EPIC we are talking about look at ALL the grinding achievements they have in Gears. This looks like an awesome game and I can't wait but unfortunately I think there will be achievements that will have to be put on the grindstone:mad:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I personally wouldnt mind the grinding achievements, aslong as the game is good enough to keep me interested

Some contradiction ;) Usually when I like a game, I feel that achievements should come naturally. Yes, for some achievements you need to do some repetitions but for a game like Bulletstorm I can also see some very bad achievements coming.

- Finish a level using only kill-method X

- Finish a level using less than X actual bullets

- Beat your own score on a level 3 times

Sound all easy but not everyone is proficient in multiple button-combo's for longer periods of time. Me personally, games like Dead or Alive are a true pain because my hands cramp up at some time and I need to give it a rest for the rest of the day whereas racing I can do for such extended periods I would sooner fall asleep than that my hands give way...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found in a website a possible achievements list( or a part of the list)

i think the list looks real

Independence day Massacre: Perform "4th of July" 1000 times.

Garden Food: Perform "Fertilizer" 1000 times

Brain stain: Perform "Brain Blaster" 1000 times.

Group fun: Ferform heavy shooting 1000 times.

Have Mercy: Perform "Mercy" 1000 times.

This one depends of if the game lets you hold all of your guns at one time or not (like unreal)

Play'n the field - Kill 5 enemies with every weapon in one level.

(if the game is more like gears where you only carry two guns at once)

Good guys don't reload- finish a level with out reloading a single gun.

All of your eggs in one barrel - Fully upgrade one gun.

Hey! someone has to clean that up!- kick over a trash can (or)

Ass Blower, kill more than 1 000 enemies with the fire in the hole skillshot

Cliffy B Kick'n- Kick over 100 trash cans.

shock collar - leashed 1000 enemies

the number of the leash - leash and kill every kind of enemy (excluded bosses)

kill with skill - finish a level with 15 different skill shots used. (number is subjective given we have not seem much gameplay)

its raining men - kill 5 airborne enemies with 1 shot

pain redefined - kill every enemy with skill in a single level

people can fly? - leash an enemy off a cliff

customer service - hold an enemy up with the leash for 1 hour.

an eye for an eye - headshot the enemy that downs your ai partner (assuming they can go down)

Blood Bottle Opener, rip more than 10 000 heads

Body Cleaner, complete the game by leaving no corpse through the levels

Ass Kicker, kill by kicking more than 15 000 asses

Gaia lover, Complete the game by killing every enemy with the aid of the plants in the levels.

Bulletstorm - Kill 20 enemies by holding down the fire button using the Minigun without you or your teammates taking damage.

i found in a website a possible achievements list( or a part of the list)

i think the list looks real

Independence day Massacre: Perform "4th of July" 1000 times.

Garden Food: Perform "Fertilizer" 1000 times

Brain stain: Perform "Brain Blaster" 1000 times.

Group fun: Ferform heavy shooting 1000 times.

Have Mercy: Perform "Mercy" 1000 times.

This one depends of if the game lets you hold all of your guns at one time or not (like unreal)

Play'n the field - Kill 5 enemies with every weapon in one level.

(if the game is more like gears where you only carry two guns at once)

Good guys don't reload- finish a level with out reloading a single gun.

All of your eggs in one barrel - Fully upgrade one gun.

Hey! someone has to clean that up!- kick over a trash can (or)

Ass Blower, kill more than 1 000 enemies with the fire in the hole skillshot

Cliffy B Kick'n- Kick over 100 trash cans.

shock collar - leashed 1000 enemies

the number of the leash - leash and kill every kind of enemy (excluded bosses)

kill with skill - finish a level with 15 different skill shots used. (number is subjective given we have not seem much gameplay)

its raining men - kill 5 airborne enemies with 1 shot

pain redefined - kill every enemy with skill in a single level

people can fly? - leash an enemy off a cliff

customer service - hold an enemy up with the leash for 1 hour.

an eye for an eye - headshot the enemy that downs your ai partner (assuming they can go down)

Blood Bottle Opener, rip more than 10 000 heads

Body Cleaner, complete the game by leaving no corpse through the levels

Ass Kicker, kill by kicking more than 15 000 asses

Gaia lover, Complete the game by killing every enemy with the aid of the plants in the levels.

Bulletstorm - Kill 20 enemies by holding down the fire button using the Minigun without you or your teammates taking damage.

Those are some bullshit achievements right there.

Look at the customer service one. who is going to hold onto a guy for an hour. :confused: Also the one killing every guy in the game with plants. I saw some levels in building where there was no plants. :confused:

Even if the list is real, I would say holding someone for an hour is cumulative tru the game (so not the same guy for consecutive hour). Also, plants... Maybe a plant is some hot water or hot energy emitting thingy in the ground tru the whole game?

Hey dicktits,

That speculated achievement list is nothing but bullshit. He made it himself, if not: show me the source!

Epic is involved, but maybe EA is gonna make the achievements. I kinda love Epic Games' achievements. But when it's TOO MUCH grinding (Like UT3) it can go and lick my balls. What's fun about grinding/boosting? Yep. NOTHING!

Ah well,

I think the game is gonna be awesome, so as the cheevo's.

Peace Out!

~MONK3Y

Cheevo's: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=743107

Seem to be community suggestions and not posted by an Epic-employee

Hey dicktits,

That speculated achievement list is nothing but bullshit. He made it himself, if not: show me the source!

LOL... Pretty funny calling someone out for a fake list but unable to supply the possible fake/source yourself... ;)

Edited by OctagonQontrol

• 2 weeks later...

The list looks decent and I am extremely happy their are no timed events. I wonder how difficult completing the campaign on "Very Hard" will be. The "Master of Disaster" achievement looks like it might be difficult. You have to earn 2000 points or more at once. Most people who posted on the demo page said they scored only around 5000 for the whole demo, so getting 2000 in one pop must be difficult.

The list looks decent and I am extremely happy their are no timed events. I wonder how difficult completing the campaign on "Very Hard" will be. The "Master of Disaster" achievement looks like it might be difficult. You have to earn 2000 points or more at once. Most people who posted on the demo page said they scored only around 5000 for the whole demo, so getting 2000 in one pop must be difficult.

Decent? The campaign on very hard, level 65 in Anarchy mode (which seems to me some kind of highest level in MP) and twice a collector achievement (Newsbots and Electroflies)

I don't think the 2000 points wil be a big problem, probably some gangbang-sadist-x5 skillkill, but i'm more worried about the get 3 stars on all 14 first echoes as on the demo mission 3 starring was i guess something about 7000/8000 points, and if most people only got 5k they'll probably have some problems with this one too