Circuit Breaker.. ugh.

I know this achievement is mainly about luck but :eek: Seriously?

I thought this would be a troubless achievement but after two hours, man iits depressing :rolleyes:

It's the last one I need and I too went at it for at least two hours (today). Still don't have it! I have trouble aiming the throw. If I do get the direction right, there is generally not enough/too much power. I've seriously gone all round the one on the right at 107-108 metres. I nearly hit the screen behind it once, says "Flame Stadium" on it amongst other things. Does that count?

It's the last one I need and I too went at it for at least two hours (today). Still don't have it! I have trouble aiming the throw. If I do get the direction right, there is generally not enough/too much power. I've seriously gone all round the one on the right at 107-108 metres. I nearly hit the screen behind it once, says "Flame Stadium" on it amongst other things. Does that count?

No idea but its the same one I am aiming for, cant get the distance aiming to the left. When I aim to the right I either dont aim right far enough or cant get the distance (or throw to far)

I need help ASAP!

I spend 3 hours last night trying to get this and nothing. I've tried every technique and seen every video. WTF!!!

I throw it over 100m everytime, the only thing is I throw it DEAD STRAIGHT!!! When I do try and aim for the left or right side I end up throwing straight into the ground or straight up in the air.

If anyone can give me a detailed body position or follow through or technique, especially how to aim down the lines (to the sides) it would be greatly appreciated!!!! - Thanks

I need help ASAP!

I spend 3 hours last night trying to get this and nothing. I've tried every technique and seen every video. WTF!!!

I throw it over 100m everytime, the only thing is I throw it DEAD STRAIGHT!!! When I do try and aim for the left or right side I end up throwing straight into the ground or straight up in the air.

If anyone can give me a detailed body position or follow through or technique, especially how to aim down the lines (to the sides) it would be greatly appreciated!!!! - Thanks

I think thats the problem EVERYBODY seems to have...

I need help ASAP!

Yeah, I spent about 3 hours in total trying to get this EVIL Achievement.

But i eventually got it and I found that if you want to hit the tv looking equipment you have to have a good run up, then when you get to the green make one final step towards the direction that you want to throw it. If you do this you 'Should' eventually get the achievement.

I found myself getting right next to or just short of the TV for about ten throws before actually getting it.

Hope I helped! :)

Advice for those who throw straight down the middle:

Start your throw half a side step to the right and do exactly the same as you were doing before. That way you should throw slightly to the side - certainly helps for me. Using the same technique as in the video also helps (guessing it's because the javelin is released wider than normal).

I'm joining the ranks of people who are annoyed with this achievement. I think I have only once been able to throw the javelin over 100m and even then it went straight down the middle. :(

It really is an annoying achievement. I spent a couple of hours trying to get it but I just couldn't get a technique to stick. I would get pretty close and then try and replicate my previous throw, but this just didn't work.

I'm starting to think I won't get this or a couple of the bowling achievements...

Yeah, I spent about 3 hours in total trying to get this EVIL Achievement.

But i eventually got it and I found that if you want to hit the tv looking equipment you have to have a good run up, then when you get to the green make one final step towards the direction that you want to throw it. If you do this you 'Should' eventually get the achievement.

I found myself getting right next to or just short of the TV for about ten throws before actually getting it.

Hope I helped! :)

I know. When I try and aim in the desired direction that's when I either throw straight down or straight up. Besides that I get 105 easily everytime.

What would you all say is the easiest target, left or right side. Cause since I keep throwing straight I think I'm going to go for the big tv at 120m. Thoughts??? Thanks for the above mentioned help anyways.

OT, but I'm impressed that you've got all the others. Champion table tennis, etc. Thumbs up.

I FINALLY HIT IT!!! ...but it was a foul! It got about half way there, it was never going to miss. Cuts back to my guy and shows foul. Shattered. I hear the javelin hit the equipment, then the announcer says "I think he was aiming for that." You're damn right I was aiming for it! I had been aiming at it for hours! Anyway, I continued onward, sweating, sore, deflated.

It took another hour before I was able to get my well deserved achievement. I threw the javelin 119.73 metres and in a somewhat ironic twist, it hit the Rare sign just below the screen on the right. I wasn't sure whether this would unlock the achievement, thankfully it did. I honestly hope that no one else has to go through what I went through to get this achievement: at least 5 hours of running and throwing.

OT, but I'm impressed that you've got all the others. Champion table tennis, etc. Thumbs up.

Thanks, there are quite a few people out there with all the achievements now though.

Edited by Shelton

this is ridiculous. one of my first 3 throws ever in this went 109 metres, before I knew about the achievement, but it went straight... now I struggle to make 90... gah

In my 5 hours of throwing I figured out how to throw the javelin pretty well. First of all, you need to get a good run going. Nice high knee's. When you're in the green zone, take a step in the direction that you would like to throw. The whole time that you are running you want your arm straight out. When throwing, try not to bring your arm down at all, but instead pull it back and push it up a little (and forward) to throw. My biggest issue when learning to throw properly, was that I would bring my arm down then up, sort of like throwing a discus.

With the method I described, I consistently get over 100 metres.

Source : Rare Ltd

You’ll need to have patience with this one. More based on luck than skill, you need to throw the javelin over 100m to stand a good chance of success (watch the video to see the ideal technique). Aim to throw 105m to hit the equipment that’s just right of centre at the end of the scoring sector (foul throws don’t count). This one might take a while…
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaFid-z08zc&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Kinect Sports Achievement Guide: Circuit Breaker[/ame]

I FINALLY HIT IT!!! ...but it was a foul! It got about half way there, it was never going to miss. Cuts back to my guy and shows foul. Shattered. I hear the javelin hit the equipment, then the announcer says "I think he was aiming for that." You're damn right I was aiming for it! I had been aiming at it for hours! Anyway, I continued onward, sweating, sore, deflated.

It took another hour before I was able to get my well deserved achievement. I threw the javelin 119.73 metres and in a somewhat ironic twist, it hit the Rare sign just below the screen on the right. I wasn't sure whether this would unlock the achievement, thankfully it did. I honestly hope that no one else has to go what I went through to get this achievement: at least 5 hours of running and throwing.

Thanks, there are quite a few people out there with all the achievements now though.

I am so jealous. Seriously :omg ..

Oh well, back to the drawing board :(

Source : Rare Ltd

This video just pisses me off now :biglaugh

Seriously though i just cant take it anymore, 1 more bloody achievement for 1250

Wow...I feel like a super-retard - my max throw is only like 68m or something, and everyone else is throwing in the 100's! Obviously I am doing something majorly wrong! I've tried throwing the stupid thing both overhand and underhand, and I get pretty much the same result either way.

Anybody care to share throwing technique tips? Much appreciated!