Guerrilla: Killzone 2 Impossible to Do on Xbox 360

Weapon 117

Speaking to the Official PlayStation Magazine UK, Guerrilla managing director Herman Hulst and Killzone 2 producer Steven Ter Heide claimed that Killzone 2 would be impossible to develop on the Xbox 360.

"We are taking huge advantage of the architecture of PS3. I firmly believe that what we've shown we can get out of that machine would be difficult, if not impossible, to deliver on a competing machine." Herman Hulst, said.

Producer Steven Ter Heide added, "I would say impossible."

Developed by Guerilla Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Killzone 2 is a first-person shooter created exclusively for the PS3 that follows events and action from the original Killzone for PlayStation 2.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14400/Guerrilla-Killzone-2-Impossible-to-Do-on-Xbox-360/

Isn't Killzone that piss poor shooter that claimed it was going to kill Halo before it came out, and then nobody really gave a shit about it? :rolleyes:

I've found that companies that hype up their game prior to launch with proposterous claims are generally doing so because their game can't speak for themselves. Kinda like what Sony did with the PS3. ;)

This is likely just a publicity stunt to get them some attention, because God knows nobody in the gaming industry aside from a few fanboys care about Killzone. Stupid name, stupid game.

I could care less about their craptastic shooter. I'll take Gears, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4 over that waste of programming code any day of the week.

Isn't Killzone that piss poor shooter that claimed it was going to kill Halo before it came out, and then nobody really gave a shit about it? :rolleyes:

I've found that companies that hype up their game prior to launch with proposterous claims are generally doing so because their game can't speak for themselves. Kinda like what Sony did with the PS3. ;)

This is likely just a publicity stunt to get them some attention, because God knows nobody in the gaming industry aside from a few fanboys care about Killzone. Stupid name, stupid game.

I could care less about their craptastic shooter. I'll take Gears, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4 over that waste of programming code any day of the week.

I think that's the one.

I heard it's like CS, but I've never given it a shot.

Even if it was possible to bring to the 360, who would care? I played a demo of the 'Halo-killer' back on the PS2 and it wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible because it had the option to quit out and throw the disc away.

Killzone 2 is just a crappy sequel to a crappy game, much like Halo 2 (although Halo 1 was good at the time).

The original was so good, that even though I had a PS2 for it's entire run, I never even heard of this game until a couple of days ago. On the other hand, I was always pissed that games like Halo and PGR weren't out on it as well. Looks like I got my wish in a roundabout way, and Playstation, no matter what number is behind it still can't beat out XBOX games...

This is pretty big talk. I dont belive the 360 itself is incapable of doing killzone 2, especially since what they've shown so far is only about on par with say something like call of duty 4, and that game sure is being done on 360.

Just more talk, but let's get a finished product done and see if this game will be everything they say.

I played the first Killzone, and the only good thing about it was the cutscenes. There was about 5 of 'em in the whole game. The rest was utter garbage.

Killzone 2 will be all about the graphics no doubt. It's just another piss-poor attempt from Sony to try and top Microsoft.

Sony are better off going back to making their Betamax machines...

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1102618_sl8000e.jpg.htmlhttp://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1102618_sl8000e.jpg

~SS

The first Killzone was just decent as far as I'm concerned. Granted the missions were poor and the enemies were stupid, but I had fun in a way that anyone would have fun with a brainless blast-fest. The visuals for the second DO look amazing, but we've all been wowed by pretty graphics and shot down with shoddy gameplay before (I'm looking at you, Lair). I'm reserving judgment for when I see the finished product.

I've found that companies that hype up their game prior to launch...

Exactly.

Never listen to these stereotypical developer "template-fud" responses. This is one of the most commonly used we've seen over the last couple years and is pretty much total nonsense if you think about it. No game on either console is "impossible" to port to the other camp.