Achievement Guide & Road Map

Nixemo

Did you defeat the Troll or Save and Quit right when the Troll battle began. I have tried entering and exiting the level during free play to get the achievement with no luck. Just wondering if there is something else I am suppose to try. Thanks

I just waited for him to enter the room and then saved & quit. No progress was made to defeat him.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the fishing achievement, does it still count as "Perfect" if you press the buton when the circle is INSIDE the button or does it have to be exactly AROUND the button?

Because I've been hitting the button once the circle was inside it since I started playing the game and I think I've fished well over 20 times by now but no achievement yet

Worth Greater than the Shire worked for me.

As long as it is ANY treasure item it should work.

You will need to essentially cover your character. Head piece, Armor, Gloves, Boots/shoes. As soon as you equip one you move to the next. It will pop as shortly after it registers the final item.

Edited by spook8604
omitted information

Anyone got a good way to farm studs?I got 100% completion but I'm only at 3,000,000,000 studs.

I'm not sure if the bonus level allows you to have extras on, but if so, that would be pretty effective.

Also, if you go around Middle Earth and find Mithril Bricks you already have there will be purple studs in their place.

Otherwise, I guess just replay levels.

Just so you know you are missing 8 achievements for the guide. Maybe your doing them later?

I'm not that stupid. xD

Yes, I am aware I'm not done. I've been having some extenuating life circumstances but I'm looking to finish up the guide tonight.

I'm not sure if the bonus level allows you to have extras on, but if so, that would be pretty effective.

Also, if you go around Middle Earth and find Mithril Bricks you already have there will be purple studs in their place.

Otherwise, I guess just replay levels.

don't think that would work since it automatically quits the level at 1,000,000.

I thought I was gonna have some grinding, but when I had all multipliers on and got my last minikit it bumped me from 5,000,000,000 all the way up to 9,500,000,000. but as mentioned above they are at 100% already, so this only works if you haven't finished the minikits.

what I had planned on doing was going from Minis Tirith (?) and fast travel to Bree where there are about 4 or 5 purple studs worth around 40,000,000 each. just find a few areas with purple studs that are easily reachable and fast travel back and forth.

Minis Tirith - Smash the centerpiece for a purple stud and a lot of silver. jump up and get the 6 blue studs.

Bree - one in the right corner next to a bonfire. another at the door to Prancing Pony, one behind the black/red locked door. same building around the corner is a hobbit door to another purple stud. There are also several blue studs you can easily jump to as they are on the side of buildings.

just fast travel from one to another. (there are probably some other areas that might have more, but these were the areas I most remembered with very little walking travel from fast travel locations)

Well everyone, at this point the achievement guide is officially 'done'. I put done in quotes because obviously changes will continue to be made as more information I've not discovered is brought to my attention.

I realize the guide is a bit wordy, but I wanted it to be idiot proof, and I figured, the more detailed, the better, as I personally HATE vague achievement guides with a passion.

Thank you for all of your contributions, and continue to do so!

Well everyone, at this point the achievement guide is officially 'done'. I put done in quotes because obviously changes will continue to be made as more information I've not discovered is brought to my attention.

I realize the guide is a bit wordy, but I wanted it to be idiot proof, and I figured, the more detailed, the better, as I personally HATE vague achievement guides with a passion.

Great guide. Very helpful to me for the few I was frustrated with.

Anyone got a good way to farm studs?I got 100% completion but I'm only at 3,000,000,000 studs.

I didn't get my x4 x6 x8 x10 multipliers until I was about 75% done, so I had to do a little exploring. Without wasting a ton of time the best way I found out was map stoning to Bree(?) the town where the blacksmith is. If you turn right, you'll see a purple stud in a fench and two blue studs and some gold studs on top of a skybridge next to it. Having stud magnet on is very useful. So run there and then turn around like you're going to the tavern. There will be another purple stud next to the door and like 3 more up a level. The hobbit door is on the backside of the tavern.

With all the multipliers on this should net you about 140,000 studs every time, and it only takes 30 seconds or so with all the loading. Once you collected the studs map stone to another city, and then return.

There may be a better way to farm but I didn't want to spend any more time on it, and this is right in front of the map stone so you don't have to run a lot of places.

Also, when I map stoned out of Bree (or wherever that town is) I went to I think the snowy mountain place(?) and instead of running uphill to the snow I ran downhill and there is a little minigame of boats where you shoot 15 boats or something and they give you A LOT of coins, another 100k or around that I think. So it adds some variance to the farming.

You can also speed run the level Mount Doom very quickly (using an elf you can jump over the lava creeks and skip building the bridges, jump past gollum boss area etc. At the end of the level there are a lot of blue studs, you'll get about 100k without really trying here also. Maybe a minute on the clock if you're good at speed runs (getting jumps right the first time, etc). This just adds more variance so you don't get bored grinding.

The key to all of this is to find the fastest route and stick to it with the right character. (ie elf on the story level, small character on the Bree run).

Great to hear! You did a great job on the guide, Nixemo. Have you submitted it to the Guide Team, yet? I want to make sure it makes it to the main site, and you get full credit for it.

Here, here, my brother. I wish everyone who wrote guides had the same mentality as you. I'm the same for my guides, more is always better. Make 'em idiot proof.

For the "we cannot linger" achievement.. replay the level in Story Mode!! Collect a few studs, then save and quit and the achievement will unlock. It will not work in 'Free play mode'. Just sorted it out after many attempts of failing a legit run.

I can also confirm this, replaying in Story Mode will let you save and quit and that did pop the achievement after collect the first couple of studs. I too had tried this methed replaying in freeplay but save & quiting had no effect.

I can also confirm this, replaying in Story Mode will let you save and quit and that did pop the achievement after collect the first couple of studs. I too had tried this methed replaying in freeplay but save & quiting had no effect.

It has to be done on story regardless. Even free play in under 15 minutes won't pop.

It has to be done on story regardless. Even free play in under 15 minutes won't pop.

That is not clear in the achievement description.. it never mentions 'story mode' at all. I figure most people would assume it would have to be done in freeplay.. I know I did. Either way, people will now know for sure.

i went to the map statue of the pass of caradhras, the mines of moria storyboard is just below to the right, the area looks like a triangle.

now fast travel the pass of caradhras statue and look around the area near a beach there are 2 ship wheels which is a mini-game, just do the game and you get about 4 blue studs and loads of gold ones, then just keep repeating the mini-game.

a bit boring but it's the quickest way for me as you can just start a game everytime you finish the last one so no having to travel out of the area and back in.

with multipliers on the points here soon rack up quick.

Edited by jpg30

Another good loop for stud farming is the starting point of Minas Tirith. On the upper balcony grab the studs in the area, hit the silver tree in the middle and it drops 1 purple and loads of silvers.. pick up all those (attract studs works wonders) then as Legolas grab the blues (4) on the front of the building.

Fast travel to Bree! Post game Bree has 5 purple studs and a bunch of blues in the immediate area. With max multipliers you can get 250 to 300 million in 1 Bree run. Once you collect those start a level (I would normally do weathertop) Grab the studs in that first section, generally about 60 million.. then save and quit. Once done it sends you back to Minas Tirith and all studs have reset. Repeat the process.

Also should the achievement not unlock when you hit 10 billion (it didn't for me), just keep collecting.. I ended up hitting 10,141,xxx,xxx when it finally popped.

Edited by Xenolith666

That is not clear in the achievement description.. it never mentions 'story mode' at all. I figure most people would assume it would have to be done in freeplay.. I know I did. Either way, people will now know for sure.

Same here, I had ran through the level 2 or 3 times with a stop watch on freeplay until finally I read about the save and quit method, but that only worked in story for me.