Not connecting to the EA servers stops me from playing DA

CycloKyle

Ok, the title may sound confusing, but I'll do my best to explain it.

When I load up DA, the normal process of connecting to the DA servers happens. But today, and other times too that I've noticed, my xbox cannot connect to these servers.

So why is that a problem, you ask?

Well, because my xbox cannot connect to these servers, I cannot play Dragon Age, at all. This is because I have some Collector's Edition items, and some from Dragon Age: Journeys as well. I have downloaded these items, and have used them in-game before. But when I cannot connect to these DA servers, my xbox seems to 'forget' that I ever downloaded these, and I get a message when I try to load my game up that "These DLC items are not found and are needed to play, please download them or connect the correct storage device, etc etc". So I go into my download history, and these items are not listed. The items to game asks me to download again are:

• Embri's Many Pockets
  • Helm of the Deep
  • Memory Band
  • Feral Wolf Charm
  • Dalish Promise Ring

And the problem is, I can't download these things again as I have already used the code, and the ones from DA:J just appeared in my list of DLC to download without a code, simply because I was able to connect to the DA servers when I did download them.

Also, sometimes when the game can't connect to the server, the main menu doesn't appear at all, and all I can see is the background of those two swords.

Sorry for the mountain of text, I hope this all makes sense. So pretty much the problem is that, because I can't connect to the DA servers, I cannot play the game at all. If anyone has any solutions, that would be appreciated. It's late here at the moment, so I may not be able to reply until later tomorrow, but feel free to reply :).

Also, this does not happen all that often, it's just very annoying when I have free time to play and thus can't. This also happens when my internet cord is unplugged from the xbox.

EDIT: I also cannot play BF:1943, but that's understandable if the servers are down.

UPDATE: I have searched the DA forums, and it appears that many other people have this exact problem. There's a whole thread of people with the problem HERE.

Also, I found that someone has made a fix for this problem, which can be read HERE.

If this fix works for you, please reply saying so. That would greatly help people with this problem in the future :).

Edited by CycloKyle
Added an update.

I also have this problem. Why on earth does it rely on ea servers for a single player game. :mad:

HC_AFC, what do you mean when you say check for DLC content? The is no menu at all, I can't do anything.

EDIT: Ok, so I tried restarting dragon age a bunch of times, and it worked for some reason. This has put me off the whole idea of cloud computing though.

Edited by The Drumber 1

This happened to me today, so I went back to the dashboard and fired up a quick game of UNO over XBL, finished that, and came back to DA and it connected right away. It is entirely possible the DA servers were having an issue during that 10-15 minutes, but my money is on the game code/Xbox having an issue that reset itself when I went to another game online and connected successfully there. Try that and see if it works for you.

This happened to me today, so I went back to the dashboard and fired up a quick game of UNO over XBL, finished that, and came back to DA and it connected right away. It is entirely possible the DA servers were having an issue during that 10-15 minutes, but my money is on the game code/Xbox having an issue that reset itself when I went to another game online and connected successfully there. Try that and see if it works for you.

I did try that. I first tried to play DA, and when it didn't work I went and played MW2 for half an hour. I came back to DA and it still didn't work.

It is fustrating that an offline game needs online to work!

And at Sizzlebuzz: No I haven't yet, but I will later today. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by CycloKyle