Confirmed: You can beat coop by yourself (spoilers)

J.T. Marsh

Not that anyone cares, but for you anti social folks, I beat co-op split screen today by myself with two controllers.

There were four hard parts involved. Definitely doable.

Very early stage where you have to hit four switches in a row (2 per players)

Every other problem occurs in the final course.

Later level stage where you have to use the box to redirect lasers at the turrets. Tricky to get the timing down, but entirely doable.

The next to last section was very difficult with the bridge and grabbing the box. <- this was the level that took me by far the longest. I think that If I had a 2nd player to just hold the forward button it would a lot easier.

The very last level with the sliding box, creating the bridge. The problem is that player 2 can run forward, but player 1 needs to drop the box down the slide, and then catch up to the bridge. Again, it wouldn't be very complicated for a non gamer to walk forward for you.

Basically, you just need to have a plan in mind. Only a few sections in co op actually require you to be synchronized. None of the game requires you to have two players that know what they are doing.

There are only two online based achievements. One is the professor portal, the other is hug 3 friends. Both are very easy to boost for, although I would recommend trying to boost for professor sooner than later, once this game gets older it will be harder to find people who are playing their first game online.

I have every achievement (entirely playing solo) except for:

Triple Crown: I'm not sure where the game freezes the timer, if it is when you solve the puzzle or when you get both players to the elevator room. If it is the later, that is what really slows me down on these. I still think it is possible solo co-op splitscreen.

Still Alive:

Completely doable solo. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Friendlist with benefits:

I will probably try to boost for this one tomorrow.

omg funny ppl lol....i can agree with the schedule conflict issue. That part sucks. A guy that saw my post on the portal professor achievement added me and I got lucky and he helped all the way through coop and finished it. kudos to you guys bc some of those are a bitch doing with two able players.

Scheduling issues? Meh. I had the entire co-op campaign beaten by 7 AM on release day. And it was a blast. Grab a buddy and get your split screen on, it's not too bad. I can only see this being useful to mop up any achievements you miss the first time through.

For the record, you can do Triple Crown by yourself as well, I just got it. Did chambers 2-4, the latter two were cake and chamber 2 wasn't terribly difficult. I'm pretty sure the timer stops as soon as you solve the chamber, before you go through the door. Because I finished with chamber 4, and the achievement popped as soon as I dropped the safety cube in the hole.

Why the hell would you ever do that? Why take the fun away? Shared sorrow is half the sorrow, shared joy is double the joy. And let me tell you, fucking co-op is amazing with a friend. Lots of laughs. And lots frustration but with the frustration is more laughs because you become so frustrated!

He stated that he was anti-social. Don't be a dick.

Just completed co-op by myself. Those last few levels were a bitch having to use my toes or mouth to move the analog stick at the same time as using my hands to move the other one.

But, it's done, and I'm glad I did it alone, as people can piss me off very quickly and I'd rather yell at myself than a friend.

EDIT: In response to what you said about Triple Crown; The game freezes the timer as soon as you complete the puzzle, not when you enter the tube at the end. I just unlocked the achievement right after placing the ball on the button.

So just Professor Portal left. :)

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Nice find OP. I started going through Co-op by myself today with my regular acct and a guest account. I figured with some careful timing it would all be beatable. The only offline cheevo I figure will be difficult is the one requiring you to beat the 3 tests under a certain time limit. I might get somebody to help me with that one and hugs and Prof. Portal achievements this monday (Guess I oughta hurry. I only have the game for a few more days.)

Right now I've completed two of the courses by myself. Only a time or two its been challenging because of a lack of a human player. My friends no longer have 360's. After they "Red Ring of Death" they never got another one. They all have PS3's.

I just don't feel like finding a random person to play with. Thankfully there is split screen so I can just get them to come to my house and play soon.

Right now I've completed two of the courses by myself. Only a time or two its been challenging because of a lack of a human player. My friends no longer have 360's. After they "Red Ring of Death" they never got another one. They all have PS3's.

I just don't feel like finding a random person to play with. Thankfully there is split screen so I can just get them to come to my house and play soon.

You should of made sure to laugh at them being unable to play online since Wednesday while you had no problems. :woop: