A much easier way to get Public Menace

CarlWinslow2000

Start The Gas Man case

Once the fire chief invites you to hear his theory Fire Station 32 get's added to your map, inside fire station 32 is a Fire Truck that keeps respawning. From my playthrough I'd estimate the vehicle damage on a totaled fire truck is around 10,000 to 14,000 which is much much higher than just crashing normal cars over and over again. Just barrel down the street totaling other cars with the fire truck untill it's trashed, drive back up the street and back to the fire house, rinse and repeat another 4 or 5 times to be safe.

This is by far the fastest and safest way to get this achievement that I've come across plus the case isn't all that long so you can get through and end it rather quickly as well. I hope this helps some of you.

For anyone who's interested, that fire house is located between Hollywood and Wilshire, on Melrose Ave, between Berendo and Vermont. It's just to the right of this big stadium looking thing on the map that you can't miss.

I just did this last night actually, the only difference was that I did it in the first traffic mission because I already knew where that fire house was and that case is much shorter. Plus, I just posted my method which is similar to this one on Gamefaqs a few minutes ago and then I come here and see this, interesting coincidence (I know this was posted much earlier in the day).

First off sorry if this is a repost, second are you accusing me of stealing this? I happened across this on my own when I first played this mission and totaled one of the fire trucks and wondered how the hell my vehicle damage was so high I went back and tested if it was the fire truck.

And lastly who the hell cares, it's helping people right? Then who cares if it's a repost or that you think I stole this method for all the great meaningless internet praise. I certainly won't care when this get's buried and someone else reposts it, if it's helping people out then great. From the sounds of it, you weren't the first person to post this method either so maybe someone should accuse you of stealing to get all that wonderful internet notoriety.

Edited by CarlWinslow2000

First off sorry if this is a repost, second are you accusing me of stealing this? I happened across this on my own when I first played this mission and totaled one of the fire trucks and wondered how the hell my vehicle damage was so high I went back and tested if it was the fire truck.

And lastly who the hell cares, it's helping people right? Then who cares if it's a repost or that you think I stole this method for all the great meaningless internet praise. I certainly won't care when this get's buried and someone else reposts it, if it's helping people out then great. From the sounds of it, you weren't the first person to post this method either so maybe someone should accuse you of stealing to get all that wonderful internet notoriety.

Did you even read my post or did you just read the part where I said I posted something similar on Gamefaqs and just assumed I was accusing you of stealing? Why the hell would I take the time at the end to point out that I understood that this was posted earlier in the day, therefore before my post on Gamefaqs if I honestly thought you stole it from me? :confused:

You need to calm down and stop being so unnecessarily sensitive.

Edited by Alpha X
Fixed wording

I know it's been posted before, but I think by far the easiest way to get this is to wait until the case after Gas Man.

Spoiler Alert

The case where you investigate the Housing Development that was burned down. There are at least 3 fire trucks on site. Simply drive them around until the hood starts smoking. No waiting for anything to respawn.

For anyone who's interested, that fire house is located between Hollywood and Wilshire, on Melrose Ave, between Berendo and Vermont. It's just to the right of this big stadium looking thing on the map that you can't miss.

I just did this last night actually, the only difference was that I did it in the first traffic mission because I already knew where that fire house was and that case is much shorter. Plus, I just posted my method which is similar to this one on Gamefaqs a few minutes ago and then I come here and see this, interesting coincidence (I know this was posted much earlier in the day).

Thanks man I was wondering where it was!:)