Kaiden as a Teamate?

L3G1T H4MST3R

I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd ask this question: Is there anyway Kaiden can't be a teamate in Mass Effect 3? I don't mean if he died in Mass Effect but they've confirmed Ashley as a Teamate so doesn't that mean Kaiden will have to be a teamate too? or have I missed something and they have already confirmed him. (I need to know for my Fem Shepard) (I know this isn't worded very well so you can ask if you need me to explain it again).

Kaiden will be in your squad if you saved him in ME1.

If you haven't played ME1 and started in ME2 this changes.

If you started a Maleshep in ME2, Ashley will be alive.

If you started a Femshep in ME2, Kaiden will be alive.

Another way to have him if the Mass Effect Genesis interactive comic which is played at the start of ME2 if you've dowloaded it. This will let you make the major decisions from ME1 without having to play it. One of which is the decision of either Ashley or Kaiden.

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for replying. I know this is really off topic (its not that off topic but still) but who did everyone save? I went for Kaiden but thats only because I think Ashleys looks really weird and I couldn't stand looking at her anymore.

They redesigned her look for ME3.

I got (multiple) Sheps with both. I think a lot of people have at least 1 of each.

If I had to canonically only pick one, I'd save ME1 Kaidan over ME1 Ashley