Achievement Discussion

T3h Infection

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope the secret achievements are not anything like Darksiders' grind achievements. I still haven't 100% that game.

You guys speculating on the secret achievements do know that the entire list has been revealed right? Why not just look at the list and see for yourself? There are only slight spoilers as far as bosses go. I'm a huge fan of the story in this series and didn't find out anything about the plot that upset me. (I hate spoilers in games where I like story.) And no they are all pretty easy to get from looking over the list again.

It's called Apocalyptic and there is an achievement for it, just like the 1st. It's gonna be brutal...

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Apocalyptic in Darksiders was ridiculously easy. Especially if you got the special armor set from beating the game the 1st time through. You do have to beat this mode again in this game. And it will most likely be just as easy this time around. I could be wrong. But I highly doubt it.

The guy above you was talking about the new Hardcore mode the game is introducing. Which is basically like Diablo 3's hardcore mode. You get one life and that's it. If you die then you have to start the game over. It's bullshit. There is no achievement for that though. So no one has to do it. That's what he was saying he's relieved about. And I agree completely.

If my understanding of Hardcore mode is correct you can save but it deletes the save when you die.

So if they was an achievement for Hardcore mode could you have made it easier for yourself by constantly copying your save onto a secondary storage device and should you die and the save get deleted from the primary device just copy the save back off your secondary device and just keep playing or would that not have worked?

If my understanding of Hardcore mode is correct you can save but it deletes the save when you die.

So if they was an achievement for Hardcore mode could you have made it easier for yourself by constantly copying your save onto a secondary storage device and should you die and the save get deleted from the primary device just copy the save back off your secondary device and just keep playing or would that not have worked?

Yes since you can save the game this would work. Although it'd be a lot easier to just dashboard when you die. From what we know about it so far, there is absolutely no reason at all to play this mode. It's really just there for people that want a challenge. I've also heard that you get certain weapons and armor that aren't available otherwise. It's not worth the trouble to me.

it kind of sucks knowing that there's no hardcore achv. it be nice to have to work for the 1000 instead of them just given it away. at least you could be more proud knowing you busted your balls in getting that 1000 like NG3,devil may cry 4,etc,etc.

The only thing that bothered me in the last game was those missing achievements. The game didn´t had chapter select, so if you missed, for example, the kill xxx enemies while riding th flying thing, you should restart the game...

Hope there´s nothing like this now.

I think I wouldn't mind trying out the new Nightmare Mode, so long as it doesn't delete ALL of my saves. Because the first one was very easy and if the second game proves to be like the first in difficultly, then I think Nightmare can give it a kick to this already great series. I just hope there won't be any time consuming achievements like the kill 160 enemies on the angelic beast or ride for a set amount of time. I liked using Ruin, but I quickly got bored of running around in circles with him.

I think I wouldn't mind trying out the new Nightmare Mode, so long as it doesn't delete ALL of my saves. Because the first one was very easy and if the second game proves to be like the first in difficultly, then I think Nightmare can give it a kick to this already great series. I just hope there won't be any time consuming achievements like the kill 160 enemies on the angelic beast or ride for a set amount of time. I liked using Ruin, but I quickly got bored of running around in circles with him.

From what I recall from reading the list there weren't any like that. You can find the full list of achievements linked in one of the other threads. Sorry that I don't have a link off hand. There are some slight spoilers in the secret ones referring to certain bosses you fight and easter eggs that are in the game. So it might be best to avoid reading it. Luckily it was a while back and I don't remember any of the spoilerish ones. I do believe there was one for reaching 100% game completion. So that will be the one that takes the longest. There's no information on what that entails as of yet. But it doesn't sound like the one from Darksiders one for simply getting all of the other achievements. In one of the dev videos they talk about an in game tracker for this stat that shows progress on quest completion and things like that. So I imagine it will be similar to the way they do it in Rockstar games like Red Dead Redemption where there are a ton of things you have to do to get to 100% completion. I hope so since I really want to spend a ton of time on this game. :)

From what I recall from reading the list there weren't any like that. You can find the full list of achievements linked in one of the other threads. Sorry that I don't have a link off hand. There are some slight spoilers in the secret ones referring to certain bosses you fight and easter eggs that are in the game. So it might be best to avoid reading it. Luckily it was a while back and I don't remember any of the spoilerish ones. I do believe there was one for reaching 100% game completion. So that will be the one that takes the longest. There's no information on what that entails as of yet. But it doesn't sound like the one from Darksiders one for simply getting all of the other achievements. In one of the dev videos they talk about an in game tracker for this stat that shows progress on quest completion and things like that. So I imagine it will be similar to the way they do it in Rockstar games like Red Dead Redemption where there are a ton of things you have to do to get to 100% completion. I hope so since I really want to spend a ton of time on this game. :)

Don't worry I saved the link. The thread that had the link in it was deleted =/. So I saved the link. Here's the link if anyone wants to see all the Achievements. I think they look balanced.

http://exophase.com/game/darksiders-ii-xbox-360/achievements/

EDIT: The 100% Achievement is like the one in the first Darksiders. You have to get all the Achievements to get the 100% one.

Edited by Lord Vinny

Don't worry I saved the link. The thread that had the link in it was deleted =/. So I saved the link. Here's the link if anyone wants to see all the Achievements. I think they look balanced.

http://exophase.com/game/darksiders-ii-xbox-360/achievements/

EDIT: The 100% Achievement is like the one in the first Darksiders. You have to get all the Achievements to get the 100% one.

Oh okay then. Thanks for clarifying that for everyone. That makes it a lot easier to obtain. I'm still going to go for the 100% in game completion too. I'm really OCD when it comes to big games like this. I just have to find every hidden area and do every quest possible. :p

Oh okay then. Thanks for clarifying that for everyone. That makes it a lot easier to obtain. I'm still going to go for the 100% in game completion too. I'm really OCD when it comes to big games like this. I just have to find every hidden area and do every quest possible. :p

Hah! You and me both. My only worry is we may not be able to have every weapon ad once. Judging by the videos and stuff it looks like we can only hold so many. My OCD is getting one of each unique looking weapon/armor. If it looks the same, but the other is stronger, then I'm feeding it to my possessed weapon :p. Other then that, I will be getting 100% Achievements twice again. Like I did in Darksiders 1 with the PC and 360 versions.

Hah! You and me both. My only worry is we may not be able to have every weapon ad once. Judging by the videos and stuff it looks like we can only hold so many. My OCD is getting one of each unique looking weapon/armor. If it looks the same, but the other is stronger, then I'm feeding it to my possessed weapon :p. Other then that, I will be getting 100% Achievements twice again. Like I did in Darksiders 1 with the PC and 360 versions.

I like to do that too. In most RPGs I always try to get one of every unique item in the game if I can. In Skyrim I have every house in the game stuffed with sweet unique loot. I'm probably sitting on a few billion gold because I'm such a pack rat. XD In this game I'm going to find the strongest weapon in the game. (I assume it will be a possessed weapon.) Then I'm going to feed it all the other weapons I find and make the ultimate weapon. :uzi: Now I just have to come up with a name suitable for this beastly instrument of annihilation. I'm sure I'll think of something. :p

I don't have the link, but over on the official forums it was stated that the Tome would also serve as a stash and could hold up to 200 items, plus what you're carrying in your inventory.

I don't have the link, but over on the official forums it was stated that the Tome would also serve as a stash and could hold up to 200 items, plus what you're carrying in your inventory.

200 items you say :p? Hmm, now my 2nd worry is the amount of combined weapons and armor total in the game. Not stat wise, unique cosmetic look wise. That'd be the only reason I'd collect them.

200 items you say :p? Hmm, now my 2nd worry is the amount of combined weapons and armor total in the game. Not stat wise, unique cosmetic look wise. That'd be the only reason I'd collect them.

alas you need to be online for this.... and as i have no live connection for my xbox, my inventory is stuck at 21 slots for each.... bummer