New vehicle trailer - The Mantis

MixMaker1

Concerning Ragnarok being confirmed: A) I wonder if they'll keep the easter eggs that were scribbled on the walls (during holidays and stuff, like halloween or cinco de mayo). Probably not.

B) It looks too much the same. I like it when the maps keep the same geometry but look drastically different.

Concerning the Mantis: wat? seems over-powered

I'm with you guys, seems very OP'd. But Frank came on Neogaf and mentioned there are counters, one hit with a plasma pistol and it knocks it out and down. You can start with these weapons so it's up to a team to make sure they can counter this/other vehicles.

now that I think of it, what were the first Spartan programs exoskeletons supposed to look like?

The Cyclops from Halo Wars was an Early Prototype for Powered Combat Armor, which eventually became MJOLNIR as we know it today.

The Mantis is very similar to the Cyclops, but evidently is first placed into Service sometime during the events of the new Halo Book: The Thursday War.

The Thursday War is released tomorrow, by the way. And even though I really disliked Karen Traviss' writing in Glasslands, I am super excited for this next Novel, simply for a continuation of the story.

Edited by ZingZitang

The Thursday War is released tomorrow, by the way. And even though I really disliked Karen Traviss' writing in Glasslands, I am super excited for this next Novel, simply for a continuation of the story.

Same. I read a good chunk of it when it went up on Amazon, but I agree, I can't wait to finish it because it will lead us right into the climate for Halo 4!

As much as I didn't enjoy Glasslands, it wasn't bad enough to warrant boycotting the trilogy. I'll definitely be picking this up tomorrow. Still looking forward to Silentium the most though ^_^ Can't wait to see if they announce another trilogy book series since it'll be finished and Traviss only has one book left. We've gone from the promise of 6 books to only have 1 left to anticipate. I don't like that.

As much as I didn't enjoy Glasslands, it wasn't bad enough to warrant boycotting the trilogy. I'll definitely be picking this up tomorrow. Still looking forward to Silentium the most though ^_^ Can't wait to see if they announce another trilogy book series since it'll be finished and Traviss only has one book left. We've gone from the promise of 6 books to only have 1 left to anticipate. I don't like that.

Ditto. I'd bet we'll be left with some questions at the end of Halo 4 that could be answered in Silentium.

I'm halfway through Glasslands now and ehh I've read better from the Halo Universe. I'll probably pick up The Thursday War after I finish it though.

As for the Mantis, it's a cool concept but looks extremely and unnecessarily powerful. however, it's only on Valhalla so it shouldn't be too bad unless you're constantly searching for BTB games.

it does seem overpowered but hey.. they can fix all that stuff later with a patch or two you gotta put in consideration that theirs going to be a lot of overpowered weapons and support perks, look at the armor lock in reach for example they had to patch that twice i believe. i got hopes for it i'm not a fan of vehicles but it does add shock value and playability to the game. 343 industries know what they are doing.

Shocked the mantis is in mp and not just exclusive to the campaign, takes down the banshee and scorpian way too easily for me. Can't wait for my chance to teabag a mech after I plasma pistol it down to its knees, its lovely animated guess its another thing we'll have to wait and see how op it is.

I was expecting the remake map to be valhalla after seeing the forgeworld footage a week or so ago, I was always slightly underwhelmed by 3's maps. Guess it'll be funny to man cannon into a banshee again or over one on a mongoose.