Conquest Assault?

wilko383

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only played a few rounds on all the new maps, but I think I must be in the minority here when I say that I kinda enjoyed conquest assault - granted, I seemed to be on a good team each round, but the enemy was putting up quite a fight too, so it seems that anything is possible with a good team, or 2 good teams against each other.

Being that the 'defenders' don't have a home base to spawn on, it feels like players are actually trying to attack and defend flags (people rarely defend on conquest), and it feels less like team death match with flags thrown in, though there is no denying that conquest is a good source for kills.

Perhaps after a while CQA will get on my nerves and the cracks of the game mode will begin to show for me. I'm all for being able to play normal conquest on these maps though, and lord knows I would.

On a side note, i'd like to be able to tell if the B2K server i'm joining features small or medium B2K conquest maps (I prefer medium)

You cant, this is the whole issue! There is no Normal Conquest in B2K, only CQ Assault. I started Normal CQ on Kharg Island an it went to CQ Assault on Oman afterwards!

That's just ridiculous. Luckily this seems like an issue that DICE should be able to fix with a server update pretty much whenever the hell they get around to doing it.

You cant, this is the whole issue! There is no Normal Conquest in B2K, only CQ Assault. I started Normal CQ on Kharg Island an it went to CQ Assault on Oman afterwards!

It is possible to play normal conquest on B2K maps. Conquest & conquest assault are mixed together.

I think i figured out the rotation, 4Games of Assault, once on each map. Then 4 games of CQ.

Makes sense. I left after playing and losing 2 assault games in a row.

im sure it's not that bad. it's the same gametype from bf2 and the games lasted forever. ill try it when im off work but im sure it's just a matter of people getting used to the gametype. are you sure you dont have snipers camping on the attacking side? :p

Everyone snipes and if your on the unlucky team you've lost, the game mode is quite a mess and there is no way around it. :L

Makes sense. I left after playing and losing 2 assault games in a row.

Everyone snipes and if your on the unlucky team you've lost, the game mode is quite a mess and there is no way around it. :L

Not to mention the vehicle whores!! I get killed by a vehicle more then infantry now, its a little ridiculous if you ask me. You dont really have to worry about snipers, but mainly engineers spamming the RPG's.