Game Details

InsaneKane87

Edit: I've decided to remove the "fake" details that were revealed and add the offical game details here. Anymore let me know I will update the list. Source's http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498918 and http://www.gtav.net/

Game Info

• Three Protagonists: Trevor (redneck), Michael (older white guy), and Franklin (black/mixed guy).
  • Each character has his own personality, motivation, and skillset.
  • Vehicles: cars and trucks, bikes (BMX, mountain), dirtbikes, ATVs, helicopters, planes, and jet skis.
  • Los Santos in GTA V is bigger than the worlds of RDR, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
  • Heists will be predominantly featured in GTA V. (Heat, anyone?)
  • Customize your look but not San Andreas style RPG elements.
  • Side-missions that Rockstar mentioned include: yoga, triathlons, tennis, and golf.
  • Random NPC encounters are back and more developed.

Rockstar Promises

• More fleshed out missions ala "Three Leaf Clover".
  • More complex side missions and activities similar to Red Dead. "It's better to have one really good mini game than five half-assed ones that aren't fun".
  • Better driving controls
  • Improved shooting mechanics
  • Refined melee combat
  • Vibrant in-game economy (but no buying property)
  • More to be added.

More Information

• Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.
  • Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back but "probably not identical to the ones in previous GTAs" because they wouldn't fit in with the 3 main character personalities, but the "three will have odd jobs to do".
  • Trevor will be the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver and sniper, Michael the "smooth operator", skilled and versatile.
  • Franklin is looking for a mentor and he finds one in Mike after they meet during one of Franklin's repo man jobs.
  • Trevor is inspired by the typical GTA player that only roams around the game creating havoc, death and destruction.
  • Mission types will vary among "big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family issues, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."
  • Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the gameplay.
  • About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."
  • Dynamic music during missions (similar to games like L.A. Noire)
  • No co-op for single player missions, but co-op modes will be featured in multiplayer.
  • Big focus on multiplayer with a lot of content to keep players busy.
  • The song Radar Love was heard playing on the in-game radio.
  • Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea like area.
  • Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
  • Switching in missions partially scripted - meaning, at times character switching will happen automatically.
  • In final part of a mission in the demo, the player can decide which character to use.
  • There are multiple different endings in the storyline which depend on the choices you made throughout the game.
  • The storyline takes around 25 hours to complete.
  • Map open from beginning, with the exception of some protected areas.
  • A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.
  • There is a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife.

Even More Information

• You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.
  • Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".
  • After a hiatus in GTAIV, Ammu-Nation is back!
  • A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!
  • Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature.
  • Mobile phone will return, but friends won't be calling as often as they did in GTAIV. It will be more streamlined and used for things like emails and Internet browsing.
  • Random character encounters throughout the map, much akin to those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.
  • Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Unique World Events" make a return. Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
  • Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/gtav.jpg

Edited by InsaneKane87

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw this, not sure if it's already been posted?

A7ICE83CUAA2B4N.jpg

http://cdn.shortlist.com/resource/cache/binary/4255d4c165c0cd9cd815d5f5c374915d/615x330_Untitled-2.jpg

from Shortlist Magazine.

that guy's also in this screenshot, I think:

http://www.igta5.com/images/m/official-screenshot-9.jpg

looks like the same guy that's on the quadbike too.

also:

http://www.igta5.com/images/shortlist-gta-v-info.jpg

"The protagonist is an East Coast gangster who moved there for a fresh start. But, as in The Godfather Part III - just as as he thought he was out, they pulled him back in."

Edited by Frasr

Only thing I'm not keen on is the 3 playable characters... All GTAs have be one character and his story. I don't like the idea of having to play as 3, learn 3 back-stories etc.

The only time you've changed is during the DLCs, but that's not part of the main story or it's games. I was just hoping to go back to LS as one fresh new person.

Other than that, everything else looks great and feels like a GTA. Liking how LS is simple a monster of a place. I remember when Sanadreas came out and R* mentioned it was twice the size of Vice City. I was amazed. Now we get all of them combined!

Few more new details about the game.

http://www.gtav.net/news/4486/game-informer-reader-qampa

Summary

• You can't play the entire game as one character; sometimes you have to a solo mission as each character to advance the story.
  • No co-op in the story.
  • Some missions with all three characters you have to switch between them and then are given the opportunity to choose afterwards.
  • Can't kill another character when playing as one of the three.
  • Michael can walk around his house and interact with his family.
  • Can buy new clothes.
  • In free roam you choose to play whichever character you want.
  • Each character is from a different part of Los Santos, but you can go anywhere you want.
  • Natural Motion Euphoria used just like in IV, RDR and MP3.
  • Entire map is open from the beginning.
  • LV and SF definitely not in game.
  • Downtown area of LS is smaller than Liberty City
  • During demo, game and switching characters ran perfectly without lag.
  • Swimming underwater confirmed, plenty of areas to explore.
  • Plenty of boats and hoes.
  • Internet on smartphone.
  • Lots of TV shows.
  • Trevor able to set things on fire when he wants, not just in missions.
  • Each character has his own inventory and money. Subject to change before release, though.
  • No CJ.
  • No characters from III, VC or SA.
  • Couple of familiar faces from IV will visit.
  • Variety of races included; cars, bikes, triathlons.
  • Still working on Wanted system.
  • Rockstar didn't answer when asked if Xbox will have multiple discs.

Any information on weapons? Seeing Saints Row is kinda in the same ball park I wonder if Rockstar has caught on and put in some purple double ended dildo or whatever the hell SR3 had in it just for lol's.

The no characters from previous games, is that just general gameplay? I would love to see/hear radio hosts again, especially Lazlo.

Familiar faces from IV - Reeaaallllyyy hope Little Jacob & Badman make an appearance. Wha gwan me bredda fucking bloodclot in here an ting, seen?

Edited by Selections

The no characters from previous games, is that just general gameplay? I would love to see/hear radio hosts again, especially Lazlo.

There aren't any sources listed, so I don't know for sure, but from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazlow_Jones:

Grand Theft Auto V

Lazlow produces all radio stations alongside DJ Pooh. WCTR returns to Los Santos with Lazlow hosting the show Entertaining America.