Man of 1004 Holds CONFIRMED

Just got the achievement and can confirm it has to be done with 1 wrestler in 1 one match,having tried to get the achievement by doing it over a few matches over the last week and no achievement popped doing well over 3000 moves.So i started today from scratch and used the sheamus and rey method and the achievement popped today after 1004 moves by doing the finishers and signitures.Ive tried it many different ways and can confirm IT NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH 1 WRESTLER AND MUST BE DONE IN 1 MATCH.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me ive spent my days off doing it,i did it straight through today in 1 match and a few days before that in different matches and it unlocked when i did it in 1 match.im just trying to help and giving my description to how i got it

I totally get that, its just everyone is claiming half the achievements must be done in 1 sitting etc and the majority of them doubt

I'd be willing to bet its more of a glitch that actually having to do 1004 in one match

Doubted yes because the other "confirmations" regarding the 50 chairs and 50 tables that have to be done in one sitting/match I got just through playing the game and did in no way do them all in one sitting
but every achievement is obtained differently in smackdown and other games and that goes for this achievement,glitched maybe but i doubt it

but every achievement is obtained differently in smackdown and other games and that goes for this achievement,glitched maybe but i doubt it

Your missing my point

I have seen "confirmations" for WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011 that the 50 tables achievement must be done in one sitting

This is not the case I did not do it in one sitting

And 1004 finishers/signatures in one MATCH seems even less likely than in one sitting

I have spent the day doing the same. I too got the achievement after using Sheamus v Santino in a TLC match. Started at 10.10GMT this morning and popped about 20 mins ago (about 3 hours of game time) after 1004 moves in one match.

I've previously tried it over a number of matches to no avail, but the method described above works.

I understand people doubt the theory, especially as I got the tables and chairs achievements over a number of matches, but it seems the only way for me to get the 'Man of 1004 Holds' achievement was to just be prepared to keep going until you get there in one match.

Doubt if you want to, but this is the way I have just done it.

On a sidenote, if Yukes/THQ put one of these achievements in next years game, they will be selling at least one less copy.

I have spent the day doing the same. I too got the achievement after using Sheamus v Santino in a TLC match. Started at 10.10GMT this morning and popped about 20 mins ago (about 3 hours of game time) after 1004 moves in one match.

I've previously tried it over a number of matches to no avail, but the method described above works.

I understand people doubt the theory, especially as I got the tables and chairs achievements over a number of matches, but it seems the only way for me to get the 'Man of 1004 Holds' achievement was to just be prepared to keep going until you get there in one match.

On a sidenote, if Yukes/THQ put one of these achievements in next years game, they will be selling at least one less copy.

This describes my situation exactly. I started at 4PM yesterday, and the achievement didn't pop until almost 6:30PM. When I had the pattern down and got really rolling, I was managing 7-8 sigs/finishers per minute. If this achievement was at all cumulative, there is no way it would have taken that long. At the very least, it might be necessary to get the achievement in a single game session.

This may be my new personal low for grinding out an achievement. I feel dirty.

It doesn't have to be in one match, but it definitely does have to be in one sitting. I did well over 3000 signature/finishers spread over a few days and the achievement never popped.

I played a match and got a few hundred then left my xbox on and went to work. Came home and did another match and got the remaining sig/finishers. I was counting my sig/finishers the whole time and it took exactly 1004.

This is probably not how they intended the achievement as 1004 sig/finishers in one sitting is ridiculous. It's probably just an error in the code and will most likely be patched.

As for the chairs and tables, I can confirm that they do not need to be in one match or one sitting.

Edited by lollcano

Just got that shit :mad: not sure if i got it from just one match, but easiest method i found was, i changed sheamus's sig & fin to boxing ground punch. once u have him on the floor u can just keep him there. stand at head facing up, ground grapple, kick, then sig, then fin, rinse & repeat. takes about 13 sec's per little set.

Vid below showing what i'm talking about:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4AL8KdMfYg]YouTube - Quick method for "Man of 1,004 Holds"[/ame]

Edited by x IR O A R S

This describes my situation exactly. I started at 4PM yesterday, and the achievement didn't pop until almost 6:30PM. When I had the pattern down and got really rolling, I was managing 7-8 sigs/finishers per minute. If this achievement was at all cumulative, there is no way it would have taken that long. At the very least, it might be necessary to get the achievement in a single game session.

thanks for confirming that i was kind of doubting myself ha.but i still think it needs to be done in 1 match

I tried last night playing with different people in universe mode to change it up a bit between characters and I did 10 sig/finisher combos per person and didn't get it. I tried today doing them in one sitting and I got the achievement almost two hours later using sheamus. I don't think THQ may have wanted this to be in one match but until patched it's playing like it lol and I agree I feel dirty for grinding this out, I need a shower now

How I aquired the "Man of 1004 Holds" Achievement:

First, I went into Create-a-Moveset and changed Sheamus' move set to mimmick my created character's move set, since I initially was using my CAW for this, but after the rumors of the CAW not working, I figured I would try a new route. My moves of interest were -

- Running Knee Facebuster (MVP's version)

- Spinebuster (Farrooq's old one)

- Stone Cold Stunner 2 (the one where the opponent stays on his feet before falling)

Second, I modified the controls much like everyone else did: killed the AI sliders, maximize the finisher damage, set to Rookie, etc. I also killed the Announcer Volume as it really got annoying for King to continuously go "OH! Icon!". Thank goodness for the Media Library.

I set up the match as Sheamus (with modded move set) versus Rey Mysterio. I had no other reason to pick Rey Mysterio other than I strongly dislike him. I set it up in a TLC Match as well, setting the momentum to fast and turned camera cuts off once the match started.

Now, before this match began, under the same session, I had 450 sig/finishers already done with Sheamus versus Santino. My highest amount I have done in 10 minutes was 86 finishers with my combination. The first 2 or 3 rounds of sigs/finishers will set up the entire momentum of the match. Once 3 rounds has passed, the following combination will go into effect: Running Knee Facebuster, pick up, Spinebuster, pick up, Stone Cold Stunner 2, Running Knee Facebuster before Rey hits the ground...and you now already have another sig.

I played a game with the ladders and tables already in the ring to help muse me for going after this horrendous but necessary achievement. I broke both tables, slammed Rey on the ladders countless times, and kept hitting Rey on the pieces of table until ALL pieces were out of the ring. Keep in mind, this was still with my combination and in no way did I break from my combo.

So I hit #554 in the match, bringing me to my 1004 from my previous match. No achievement. I figured that not only did I probably miscount my moves, but if the ideal of you having to do 502 sigs and 502 finishers are correct, then I was off by a few sigs. But I kept going. Nothing. 150 more go by...nothing. I took a break, realizing that maybe that I DO need to do all of my 1004 moves in one session. I was going to go take a nap, but I pressed it out and started on it some more. 134 more moves go by...the achievement pops. I was confused as I figured it was a friend logging in as I had been fooled many times before, but nay. It was the achievement.

So in my overall findings of this achievement, not just in this session:

- CAW wrestlers do not count towards the achievement, but modified move sets on real wrestlers do.

- Pick moves where they execute fast and/or flow together somehow.

- You CAN pause the game to take a break. It will not ruin your achievement hunting.

- Always make sure your AI sliders are set to 0 and your momentum is set to fast. Camera cuts also take too much time, so turn them off.

- No matter what any other person says, you DO NOT have to do just one match to obtain the achievement. It is just easier that way. But the achievement has to be done in one session.

- Do not, under any circumstances, turn off the XBox and take any precaution to make sure it stays on.

- This achievement, like the title says, has to be done with only ONE wrestler.

Without the breaks and assuming you do perform 86 moves in 10 minutes, my way of getting this achievement will take you 1 hour and 56 minutes to complete. Take off a few for the first round of sigs/finishers since the first 10 minutes cannot reach 86 moves, about 1 hour, 57 minutes to complete.

I got the achievement using Sheamus(modified moveset) vs Rey in ladder match....

Momentum set to FAST....

Once rey was downed I done a fistdrop from the top, sig, Finisher

Rinse, Lather, Repeat

One Hour and Thirty nine minutes later I had the acheevo...

Just John Cena's RTWM left and I have the 1000 gs

side note I did NOT do the chairs and tables in one sitting....

I got the achievement using Sheamus(modified moveset) vs Rey in ladder match....

Momentum set to FAST....

Once rey was downed I done a fistdrop from the top, sig, Finisher

Rinse, Lather, Repeat

One Hour and Thirty nine minutes later I had the acheevo...

Just John Cena's RTWM left and I have the 1000 gs

side note I did NOT do the chairs and tables in one sitting....

thats exactly how i got mine top rope bang sig then finisher

I gave SCSA Stunner 2 for all his finishers so the oppenent could be popped up & I could instantaneously stun him again, whip him to the corner, ram his Shoulder to the post, Get another Signature & Start the Process over.

I Did that for 4 & a Half Hours! I did get the achievement. That was one sitting, Where's My Achievement?

CONFIRMED it's Glitched... OR

I've been thinking maybe the game only registers Signatures/Finishers that are like power bombs, pile drivers "grapple-type finishers. Like Sheamus has.

The Stunners are all just Kick to the Gut & an impact-type move. So When I recover from my almost 5 hour stint of doing the same series of Movements (Almost to insanity, let me tel you...) That I Will give Austin Seamus' Sig/Finishers & See if it works then. but I'm sure its a bug of some kind, since The "Way to Contribute" Achievement has given people problems too.

I didn't have to do 1,004 in one sitting. I just got it after an hour-ish and was counting, It popped up after doing 410 finishers and signatures using Sheamus against Rey in a ladder match now.

My first attempt I did 260 and gave up thinking it would add up next time. Tried again more the next day did about 300 then had family stuff to do. I just made sure to leave the universe mode on, Pin him or climb the ladder to win and let is save my data.

I used WWE_RULES32's method. Sticking with Sheamus. I think it will add up (Not sure why other people have not have gotten it like I have) but it has to be done with one character and be sure to pin the guy and let it save. I was also doing the same sigs/finishers over and over again too.

Hope that helps some people.

(Yes I know It adds to 970 I probably under counted a little)

Edited by justinb24

I think the key to this achievement is the wording it says "man" of 1004 holds.

Initially I felt this related to the player, but after earning it I feel it owns to a unique charachter, after all Malenko was the man of 1001 holds, it related to him, not a multitude of people.

So if for example, you played the man of 1004 holds Jericho's wrasslemania, and scored I dunno 6 signature/finishers per match on average you should have earn't around 120 of the 1004 holds achievement by the end of the story line. (If my maths is correct) Oh I am talking just signatures from matches, not counting random encounters or whatever.

However, that's where I think it gets confusing, because in my mind, you would have to continue with the "same" wrestler you earned the previously mentioned 120 moves with. Other wise you wipe your tally clean. So either you replay wrasslemania another 9 /10 times. Or just do what most of us did and grind the cheevo other a 3 to 4 hour boring snooze fest.

I think the key to this achievement is the wording it says "man" of 1004 holds.

Initially I felt this related to the player, but after earning it I feel it owns to a unique charachter, after all Malenko was the man of 1001 holds, it related to him, not a multitude of people.

So if for example, you played the man of 1004 holds Jericho's wrasslemania, and scored I dunno 6 signature/finishers per match on average you should have earn't around 120 of the 1004 holds achievement by the end of the story line. (If my maths is correct) Oh I am talking just signatures from matches, not counting random encounters or whatever.

However, that's where I think it gets confusing, because in my mind, you would have to continue with the "same" wrestler you earned the previously mentioned 120 moves with. Other wise you wipe your tally clean. So either you replay wrasslemania another 9 /10 times. Or just do what most of us did and grind the cheevo other a 3 to 4 hour boring snooze fest.

I was actually thinking this same thing today. I refuse to believe this is a "One match" or "one sitting" achievement, but I thought it possible that the "man" part of the achievement could refer to one single person. I wouldn't think playing as someone else would "reset" your count, but is it possible that it's a total for one specific wrestler (Say, my CAW) rather than a total over all wrestlers?