GameSpot says its "TERRIBLE" 20/100

Wanz1

I'll be doing an unbiased review of it, to be posted on Friday. Hopefully it's better than what gamespot said.

Playing the trial version for me says its better than GameSpots score, but not quite worth the 800pts, Possibly if I wasn't involved with FUSE, RE Revelations, Borderlands 2's last DLC, not to mention the upcoming DLC for Metro Last Light later this month.

It's really not THAT bad at all. I'll make a cute little video, but here are my notes for the review at the moment.

Story is basic “corporation has control over something that we want, or else they will destroy the world”

Movement feels good

Aiming feel alright once turned to low sense

Headshots are frustratingly hard – long distance, bad precision, enemy movement

Enemy AI isn’t very good. They run around kind of aimlessly, sometimes towards you, sometimes away, but with no real plan or goal at all. However, your teammates are well done, and you can command them to do a variety of things as well, which was a nice touch.

Mediocre – in every way. Nothing is necessarily bad, or terrible, but it’s not really good or new in any way. The menus are the most basic of basic, but then again, we don’t really need more. It just feels like a budget title.

They’ll want you to beat the game about 3 times to get all the achievements, which there are 12 of.

Co-op let’s you play with a total of 4 players online, although it doesn’t anything new to the game. Its the same game but with your teammates replaced with human players.

5.5/10

The game is not fanstastic but that Gamespot review is a crock, written by someone who doesn't know the genre. LOL at him trying to sound smart by complaining about "bullet spread". It's the hit detection that's wonky, fool. Bullet spread is fine.

My main complaint is that there's SO MUCH TALKING and the story isn't interesting at all. Same scifi story we've seen in a billion games. Unknown biological alien threat blah blah blah. I'm sure it's going to end with the shocking revelation that the corporation that hired the good guys actually created the alien threat, GASP! That'd be fine if it was all in skippable cutscenes but half the talking takes place in unskippable gameplay segments. The game needs to shut the fuck up and just let me shoot some aliens.

Judging from the gameplay, it really doesn't look that bad, I could even confuse it for a crappy retail game maybe.

It looks a bit like Fuse actually. :p

Definitely reminds me of Fuse.

I am tempted to pick it up to make a guide, but I don't know if I actually want to play it and how hard a couple of the achievements are.

Definitely reminds me of Fuse.

I am tempted to pick it up to make a guide, but I don't know if I actually want to play it and how hard a couple of the achievements are.

If you don't I might throw a guide together really quick later in the week.

There are a few quick tricks for achievements, and the game isn't too hard, but requires 4 players, and probably online boosting for awards.

Level 2 is seriously pissing me off. That level is definitely "TERRIBLE" 20/100.

I just really don't understand why it needed to be 3 hours long. Attempting to beat it without getting downed is exhausting me and making me want my money back. Getting downed by some bullshit 90 minutes into it is the most frustrating thing ever.