Achievement Discussion

Maka

Without knowing anything about the game I'm not sure if this is a had list or not but if it's anything like Hotline Miami, I can't imagine the harder modes will be easy.

From what I can tell (knowing people who played it), it seems like an easy 500-800, and then the rest depends on the Hard/Nightmare difficulties.

Played it a lot yesterday and it's brutal even on normal. The levels are hard, the enemies have a ridiculous response time. To pass levels on nightmare, you have to pretty much stay behind a wall and strafe to the doors shooting wen you see an enemy coming or you will be dead in a second.

There's a video of someone running through the game on nightmare that shows exactly what I'm talking about:

I managed to complete the first 3 levels on all dificulties already, what worries me the most is the ending of the last level. That will be freaking hard. Also, level 6 and 7 have a second part that is timed, and if you don't complete it in time, you have to redo the entire level.

Overall it has a lot of easy achievements, some ok achievements for finishing the game on normal and hardcore and the pain in the ass achievement for finishing the game on nightmare.

What makes nightmare so tough is the fact that you don't have auto aim anymore. The damage the enemy does to you is absurd even on normal.

As far as upgrading your character goes, life and damage seems almost useless. Speed is good, makes you run a lot faster (will be a big help on the timed levels) and upgrading the number of bullets you have is your top priority, along with buying the assault rifle. Upgrading is easy, it's a matter of running the first level over and over again (takes about 30 seconds with loading times). If you arrest the 6 enemies you get 4 points to spend.

Edited by Siegfried

Yikes sound rough, Might still look into getting it and playing through on normal.

Looks like a fun challenge but I don't think I'd have it in me to do nightmare

Well, I had just started yesterday and passed 3 levels on nightmare. At first I could not pass even the first one, then I saw this video with the guy strafing behind walls and passed the second and third level. It is a challenge, but it is doable. It's a really short game so it's possible to complete it if you want, not like you have to drag yourself through 20 half an hour levels on nightmare, there are only 8 levels and a successful run of one of them takes something like 5 to 10 minutes. You will retry a lot for sure, but you only have to do it right once. I'm hoping I can do it before I break something =P

Well, I had just started yesterday and passed 3 levels on nightmare. At first I could not pass even the first one, then I saw this video with the guy strafing behind walls and passed the second and third level. It is a challenge, but it is doable. It's a really short game so it's possible to complete it if you want, not like you have to drag yourself through 20 half an hour levels on nightmare, there are only 8 levels and a successful run of one of them takes something like 5 to 10 minutes. You will retry a lot for sure, but you only have to do it right once. I'm hoping I can do it before I break something =P

That actually doesn't sound to terrible then

I'm sure it would frustrate the hell out of me, but I might try that out just for the bragging rights lol. It's been a while since I've frustrated myself through a difficult game like that and it might be time to take on another challenge

That actually doesn't sound to terrible then

I'm sure it would frustrate the hell out of me, but I might try that out just for the bragging rights lol. It's been a while since I've frustrated myself through a difficult game like that and it might be time to take on another challenge

I don't know if it will be your case, but after watching the video I came home, played it again and I just finished all the remaining levels on nightmare in about 1 hour. If you get the right way to play the game, it's a pretty simple 1000 gamerscore, but if it doesn't click with you, it's hard as hell. Watch the video and see if you think you can do what he does, he makes the game looks easy and in reality it really is!

Two more achievements for me, completing normal and hardcore (yeah, doesn't stack).

• 7 months later...

None of the difficulty ach popped? The one for game complete did. This sux...

I think you should raise the difficulty up to an 8 or at least 7-7.5.. Some might find this tough. Since you die so quick. Gave me a headache to complete.

Edit: wait theres more after the 8? I see 5 more now. Dang i thought i was done. I cant take anymore of this. Lol

Edited by Toxaz