Rights of Use

This guide is not to be used without the consent of the author (StayonTarget) or Website Admin.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/30970/Choplifter_HD_30970.jpg

Overview:

Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 7/10

Offline: 12/12 200:gsicon:

Online: N/A

Approximate Time: 10+ Hours

Missable Achievements: None. Mission Select.

Minimum Amount of Playthroughs: 1+ Depending on Skill w/ Mission Select.

Does Difficulty Affect Achievements: Yes. See Mission Accomplished 20:gsicon:

Unobtainable/Glitched Achievements: None so far.

Extra Equipment Needed: No, but DLC makes it easier.

Introduction

This game is a remake of Choplifter. A game made in 1982 for the Apple II. Sega remade it in 1985 as a coin operated game. It has been ported over to many different systems over the years. The premise of the remake is a 3D sidescroller where you shoot bad guys, land your helicopter, and save people. There are many secret characters to save such as Steve from Minecraft, Duke Nukem, Super Meatboy, and so on. In order to 100% this game you much get 5 stars on all levels and complete bonus challenges.

From choplifterhd.com

In Choplifter HD™, players take on the role of an up and coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team. Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 30 different missions. Combining reality with elements of fantasy, missions will range from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks. Pilots must bank, hover, touch-down and sometimes even shake zombies from their chopper during lift-off in order to make their rescue and complete their mission. Developed and published by inXile Entertainment, Choplifter HD™ dares players to risk their lives in order to save others.

Step One

The initial run through the game is what you may want to focus on. If you can't get five stars on some of the early levels, just keep progressing. While doing this you should try to pick up Scoop Sanderson and complete other secrets. Again, your goal is to just finish the levels.

Step Two

Five Star everything. There is a guide HERE. See "All Star" for tips.

Step Three

Wrap up. This is the point where you should pick up any remaining secret people or Scoop Sanderson if you haven't already. Chances are you did because they contribute greatly to five starring everything. Along with the characters, this is when you may try to get Desert Rescue, Trigger Happy, Zombicide, Dinner is Served, and Oopies. All of these achievements can be gotten before you complete the game, but some are much easier with the best choppers.

Tips n Tricks

Stats Page: Unlike most games, this one has a stats page. There you can look at your total kills, playing time, people rescued, and so on. Use this to your advantage. It helps to know how far away you are from killing 10,000 people or 1,000 zombies.

Jets: Took me awhile to figure out the secret to the jets. Whenever you see the jet fly by, go either high or low. When you see the red missile, go to the opposite side of the screen (top/bottom). So if I'm at the top of the screen when I get the indicator and go to the bottom, the missiles will fly right over and vise versa.

Gas Stations: Throughout the game there are gas stations you can refuel at. You can only pick up a certain amount of fuel at them, or at least during the later levels.

Strafe: Learn to strafe back and forth. That is the only way you can get all the stars. Learn to shoot and move back and forth to hit certain targets but not be in range of others.

DLC

There are four current Chopper DLCs for this game. Each adding a new Chopper for 80 MSP ($1) or free. Some parts of the guide will be marked with DLC when trying to make the achievement easier. All DLC names are links. They will be graded on a scale from 1 to 10 on quality and helpfulness.

I only recommend getting this if you are having trouble. They make the game easier and more enjoyable for some, but not everyone will need it. Remember that you need to complete the level once before you can use the DLC choppers.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/e29a82be-5fc5-425f-b3be-1529a416f43d/1033/banner.png

Albatross Chopper: This Chopper is the same as Old Glory. Strong armor and 14 passenger capacity. What is does have is a medical team. This doesn't take up any seats on the chopper and it makes levels like Desert Rescue much easier as you don't have to drop off injured soldiers. The narrator does say the man dies, but he doesn't. 8/10 80 MSP

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/a4ed25ec-2888-4226-8aef-a3dffb358bce/1033/banner.png

Arrowhead Chopper: This Chopper gives you a radar to show how many people you have to pick up without having to land. I don't find this too useful because I usually use either Old Glory or I learn that there's 6 there, 4 there, 5 there. 4/10 80 MSP

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/88846048-a075-421a-bb51-2a8c9a3a336d/1033/banner.png

Night Avenger: As the description says, this Chopper will help you out. A lot. It's got 40 Navajo missiles, 14 capacity, a full armor, plenty of fuel, and it's fast. It's great for escape missions. 9/10 80 MSP

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/94aa339d-ea47-4f64-9387-b746999399ee/1033/banner.png

Ostrich Chopper: This Chopper can hold 20 people and has 10 rockets. It's free, so you might as well pick it up. It's a little better than the Old Glory but nothing significant. It is big so it may be hard flying through mortar fire, but that's not too difficult. 4/10 Free

Edited by StayonTarget

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1958/-GUoTA==.jpgOopies 20:gsicon:

Killed all rescuees.

Easiest to get on the first level. You save Scoop and his camera man. Just land your helicopter on one or both. If you are having trouble smashing them you can get them to board your helicopter then crash into the ground. Hard. Achievement will unlock upon Level Completion.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/xI/lb/1YCLiGJhbC9AFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn+nSJ3w==.jpgTrigger Happy 20:gsicon:

Killed 100 enemy soldiers on one level without restarting the level.

I got this on the level after the first zombie one <insert name>. You can get it there while still completing the level in the required time. If the timer runs out though, it doesn't end the level. Zombies, Chickens, and Goats do NOT count. Infantry Soldiers and RPG Soldiers do. Achievement will pop as soon as you kill the last person.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/mI/gi/1ICLiGJhbC82FQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn+w2Igw==.jpgZombicide 10:gsicon:

Kill 1000 zombies.

I did this on the first zombie level. If you do the level naturally, wether you five star it or not you can get 400+. I got 599 with about a minute left on the timer. You have to complete the level for the kill counter to count. If you kill 900 but you restart the level, it will not count.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/C3/DC/1YCLiGJhbC83FQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn+u1wEA==.jpgGoat for IT! 10:gsicon:

Make 100 goats faint.

This one was quite tricky. You have to make them faint and then kill them. In order for the progress to count you have to either die or complete the level. On the first level of the second section there are 15 at the start. So you have to kill yourself or do the level 7 times.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/4n/ia/1oCLiGJhbC9CFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn+bV4+Q==.jpgUnfriendly Fire 20:gsicon:

Kill 10,000 enemies across all levels

Fairly self explanatory. If you die or restart the level it counts towards your progress. My stats only show about five thousand including zombies. If you are going for five stars on all levels then this should come easily.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/LY/ED/1oCLiGJhbC81FQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn+SyBNg==.jpgDinner is Served 10:gsicon:

Kill 1000 chickens.

Pretty self explanatory. There are chickens throughout the game on various levels and you'll probably kill about 400-600 by the time you complete the game. The first level of the second section has a spot right next to the gas station (left) where 15 chickens spawn. Kill them, get the area off the screen, then go back and they'll have respawned.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/cY/B6/14CLiGJhbC9DFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+FWAag==.jpgSuperhero 20:gsicon:

Complete Desert Rescue without letting any rescues die

This achievement is somewhat difficult. The hardest part is getting the injured man. You'll basically need to just practice and try over and over again. You'll get better at the controls and sooner or later you will get it. The rest of the people are super easy to pick up.

DLC: The Albatross Chopper is great for this as you don't need to worry about time when it comes to saving the injured soldier. It has the same stats as the Old Glory which you would be using anyways.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7G/y9/1YCLiGJhbC9NFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn+pJs9w==.jpgNo Stone Unturned 10:gsicon:

Find all secrets

For this achievement you need to find Scoop Sanderson, Meatboy, Steve (Minecraft), and kill a bunch of zombies before they multiply.

Kill Them Before They Multiply - As far as I know, you can get this by just shooting large groups of zombies. Try to kill about 100 throughout the level and you'll get it.

Super Meat Boy - After you save Scoop Sanderson, he is at the bottom of the screen in the next and last section with enemies. Kill as many as you can and you may have to land and wait. If you don't see him right away then move up.

Rescue the Blockhead - The last level of the game, fly right instead of left and you'll find Steve from Minecraft.

NOT A SECRET

Duke Nukem - On Desert Rescue about half way through the level he'll be on the ground by a burning truck. You can't pick him up, but he's there nonetheless.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/f5/Rd/1ICLiGJhbC9MFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn+3KUZA==.jpgGet the Scoop 20:gsicon:

Save Scoop on every level he is present

He's very easy to find. If you see a billboard or his news van you know your close. Sometimes the pilots will say some remark about him (which means you've found him).

Please note that on some of the levels you only have three spots. So you may need to try to land so only scoop gets on, kill the cameraman, or come back later on with the 4 man chopper.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1958/+Cc7Jg==.jpgPacifist 20:gsicon:

Complete all escape missions without killing anyone

Escape missions are where you start with people to pick up and have to get to a hanger, bunker, or aircraft carrier. Basically, you can't shoot, smash, or blow up anything or anybody. So use something with good speed and armor. The only level that is difficult is the last escape mission.

DLC: The Night Avenger DLC is great for these. It's better than the best Chopper you unlock in game. More fuel, armor, ammo, and capacity.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/G5/M4/04CLiGJhbC9FFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-BeTAA==.jpgMission Accomplished 20:gsicon:

Complete the game on NORMAL

Natural Progression. Will come after completing the 30th level.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/rp/oZ/0YCLiGJhbC9GFQUXXFJQHTMyL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-jaatQ==.jpgAll Star 20:gsicon:

Get 5 Stars on all levels

This is the hardest achievement of the game. Remember the 5 D's. Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge. You'll learn by trial and error what works. Remember you have rockets and to use them. Especially when you have the Choppers with 20 or 40.

For the most part, the game isn't too hard to get five stars on. Especially since you can use a better chopper for the earlier levels once you unlock it. Learn which ones to use the small, fast helicopters and which to use the big slow ones. Levels with the injured people for the most part can be done with both types. Though for the zombie one (for example), you are running out of time towards the end.

Need Help? Use this thread: Here

DLC: Using the Night Avenger or the Albatross help tremendously with this achievement. If you want my review and a description go to the bottom of the first post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks

Balc0ra

Arkelios

StOrMtRoOpErMx19

Edited by StayonTarget

hello.

looks like work in progress. if it helps, i ve noticed a couple of things.

-chievo= kill 100 soldiers in 1level without dying : comes pretty naturally while playing some advanced level in the 2nd or 3rd campain, since more and more soldiers spawn every time you come or go.

-chievo = save scoop sanderson in every level he is present : so far, i ve completed 20-30 levels and always found him, most of the time, there is a coment from the pilot when you are near him, AND pretty often, a big sign with his face on it appears near him, so if you just go through the level without the turbo on, you should spot him without too much trouble.

-chievo = kill 1000 zombies : first achievement i had, cause i was going for the 5 stars in the first level with zombies in it, and i was surprised when it popped, because it was not very long until i had it.so just by replaying a couple of these missions and blasting everything in it should be enough to get it fast.

-chievo = 5 stars on every level : sometimes it's just impossible with the choppers you have, so if you get 3 stars and it s been real hard, just go for the next mission, you still can retry with a better chopper, and it will be a lot easier.

-chievo = all escape missions without killing anyone : should be done with the best, fastest choppers, like final versions of the apache, or scorpion, since the blackhawk is too slow to get this done in the harder escape missions.

- chievo = kill 10 000 enemis through all the levels : will come naturally i think, especially if you go for the 5 stars in every level. If not, wait until you unlock the apache, and you can just go back and forth between base and enemy positions, the timer is just for points, but you can spend 1 hour in the same mission if you want to ( as far a i know )

- chievo = kill 1000 chicken : might take some time, since i m not sure if they pop fast or not, but usually i found them located near the base. and you can kill them by landing on them, in the first or 2nd mission.

I still haven t finished the game and its achievements yet, but if i find other useful informations, i ll pass them along ( if you want me to ).

maybe you already have it all prepared and just not posted it yet, if not, feel free to use whatever i said in the roadmap and guide you are preparing :)

have fun!

To scare 100 goats you just have to fly low over em. Now I only found one big pile of goats so far on the first level in the 2nd operation area "first one is the tutorial one just to be clear" just outside the base right after the big pile of chickens.

The are hard to spot, but there are close to 10 there so just fly low and watch em fall over. Shooting at em or close to em don't see to work.

But yeah. I'm about half way in the game so far. And the two first levels seems to have the biggest pile of chikens so far. And the Zombie one towards the far end.

And as for Scoop. As mentioned before the signs are a big heads up that he is close. But if you don't see it look for the blue channel 8 van. He is usually close to that one to.

Edit: I just played the first mission using the raven to pick up all the targets. Then on my last trip pack I just stayed over the goats to scare em and killed a few chickens. When I killed the last one, the chickens respanwed. So I just stayed there for a few min and got 367 chicken kills.

You have to complete the mission or the kills and scares wont count on the stats page. I killed a few and left the mission. It still showed the same number. So you have to rescue em all and camp on your way back. Or camp outside to refule when needed as you still can complete the mission even if the timer is red and the inisal time is used up. You just get less stars. Use missiles to take out most of em and turn around and face the screen and kill the once that spawn there. They come as soon as the last one is killed. They spawn 10+ each time on each side of the screen. But I did try to do the same with goats. I scared em, went back over the wall and out again. But then they had reset and scared em again. There are 15 ish there. And I did it close to 10 times. But not achivement. So those you can't reset. They only count once. But the chickens count and I got the chevo by camping there for a bit.

For the goats you have to do the first missions a few times it seems. Unless there is a bigger pile of goats some where else that makes this faster.

Edited by Balc0ra

I'll try to get the Goat, Zombie, and Chicken ones later today. Thanks for the tips guys. I believe a lot of them will just come by the end of the game.

*Edit 1/15/2012*

I got the zombie one and I have about 485 chickens. The "Goat for IT" achievement still eludes me. The first level of the second section has a bunch of goats in the start. I've flow over them back and forth making them roll over 40+ times overall and about 20 times in one go play through. There are 15 goats so 15x20=300. So I'm missing something.

Edited by StayonTarget

The Beaf (Meat Boy) is located near the end of the level, between the scoop location and the helipad. There is a small gate below that you must destroy for him to appear.

You will have to turn the chopper to face you and you will see meat boy Hope this helps

I'll try to get the Goat, Zombie, and Chicken ones later today. Thanks for the tips guys. I believe a lot of them will just come by the end of the game.

*Edit 1/15/2012*

I got the zombie one and I have about 485 chickens. The "Goat for IT" achievement still eludes me. The first level of the second section has a bunch of goats in the start. I've flow over them back and forth making them roll over 40+ times overall and about 20 times in one go play through. There are 15 goats so 15x20=300. So I'm missing something.

I did the same thing. Scared the same bunch of goats a few times. Did not count. It seems that goats only count 1 time pr level, so you can't reset em.

A buddy of mine played the first level 7 times and then he got it.

I did the same thing. Scared the same bunch of goats a few times. Did not count. It seems that goats only count 1 time pr level, so you can't reset em.

A buddy of mine played the first level 7 times and then he got it.

Alright thanks. I'll try that. Hopefully you don't have to finish the level for it to count. You might though because the kill count achievements only unlock once the level is completed.

For this trophy I tried in different ways, even restarting the mission,returning to menu or scaring (faint) 100 times in the same gameplay, and never appeared so I had it until we killed the goats.

Check this and hope this helps.

Yes it is a PS3 walkthrough but my friend tested in XBOX and worked.

Check this and hope this helps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Ntxz04WtA]Choplifter HD / Goat For IT! Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Even the game it is easy ,I have other videos,so if you want to check them

This is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDC68FF467715246A&feature=mh_lolz

Ill be uploading more during this week.

Thanks

Edited by StOrMtRoOpErMx19

For this trophy I tried in different ways, even restarting the mission,returning to menu or scaring (faint) 100 times in the same gameplay, and never appeared so I had it until we killed the goats.

Check this and hope this helps.

Yes it is a PS3 walkthrough but my friend tested in XBOX and worked.

Check this and hope this helps:

I'll give this a try. The description is flawed then if you have to kill them too. :p

*Edit* Goat for IT is achieved! Now to get the Chickens and 150 stars!

Edited by StayonTarget

Well done man!!!:drunkSo ,do you think that the description is flawed?:confused:

Yeah, I do. I had 86 killed when I started the level, made 15 faint and got it. But... I made the same group faint 10 times previously and nothing. So you have to kill them all until the last 15. :p

These 7 missions are needed to receive the -Pacifist- trophy,in the description before you start the mission appears ESCAPE.

Anyway here you have:

1.-A Snowballs Chance

2.-Bugs Out

3.-Tank You!

4.-The Sinking Feeling

5.-Urban Escape

6.-Desert Showdown

7.-Ravens Down

Just fly fast.You dont need to save Scoop (Just in case somebody wonders this).

Good Luck

I replayed all the Escape mission and made sure no one died and it didn't pop might be glitched

Be careful with these two missions:

*Tank You

*Desert Showdown

The trophy didnt pop until I made *Desert Showdown because it is one mission where you have to fly very low and sometimes you can -destroy- soldiers without noticing.

Same with -Tank You- but the problem here are the snowmobiles (I dont know if the word is correct).

Also I dont know if this is important but I didnt let die survivours and Scoop and his friend,maybe this is not relevant,but you want to give a try including this.

Let us know!!

Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...
You sure you don't want to finish the guide, StayOnTarget?

I'm going to sit down and finish it this weekend. I don't have it 200 pointed yet so I was waiting but I know how to get them all. I can write a good explanation for them at the very least. Sorry for the delay guys.

I don't know if this 'hint' is relevant to the guide. But for those who haven't played the game and will read the guide first, the timer in the missions is pretty irrelevant. Usually if a mission is timed in a game, which these all are, then you fail the mission if you don't complete it in the specific time given. But this game lets you do the missions at your own pace, although you have to mind your fuel and health of course. I know it of course affects the overall ranking you get, but sometimes I just found it easier to complete a mission first at my own pace, and then go back later with a better chopper to try to improve my ranking or go for specific targets.