Battle Box Master

rawdeal42

For this achievement, there are a total of 8 power-ups one must use:

Anvil, Bulls-Eye, Earthquake, Ice Pawn, Invisible, Lightning, Shield and Shrink.

The way I was able to get the achievement was only by playing a custom game with Battle Boxes and KO Penalties turned on. The game kept ending too quickly to ever get all 8 power-ups without the KO Penalties turned on.

Hope this helps anyone trying to get the achievement.

Yeah, I did the same.

And for boosting wins, "Into the Goal" (I presume this might be the correctly translated name of the mode, idk since I play in German).. don't move your pawn using RB or LB, just gently move RS or LS up so that your pawn falls into the hole in the middle.

I managed to win 5-6 games in 1 round since I poked all pawns into it in a row to win the game.

Thanks!

Also might note that this game seems to be experiencing the same problem encountered in some of the earlier releases. Some achievements may not unlock until you view your trophy case. I had to do this for "Winningtons".

What did you do specifically? I went into the trophy case, but thats it. Do you select the particular trophy?

Besides doing exactly as the OP suggested, try doing this:

- Sign in another controller as player 1, and your account on player 2 (I did this because I was frustrated that the player to my right when I was player 1 seemed to have so many more easy paths to the powerups, sometimes 2 or 3 in direct line that could be picked up at once. It definitely seemed easier to pick up the powerups from player 2 position.)

- 0 AI players

- knock yourself and your player 1 controller out as much as you can to keep the game going as long as possible (figure this is a given, but I mention it because some are still having trouble.)

- try not to have player 1 controller pick up any powerups at all if possible

- Instant Sorry! as the last poster suggested - not only did it give more opportunities for getting both players out, but it kind of gives something to bounce off of to reach some of those difficult powerups placed way off to the sides.

- it might be helpful to reset the hints (settings-hints-reset hints) before each attempted game, just to keep track off which you've already gotten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Crap I've been working on this for like an hour, I swear the achievement guide specifically says not to use KO penalty for this achievement, maybe I'm getting this and the one for not using any of the boxes confused.

I was having trouble getting this as well. Just got it playing game mode race for home, battle box's and KO penalty on but turn table off. For some reason the ice pawn wasn't appearing on the other game modes or if turn table was switched on!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

another tip is to move the pawn all the way over to right and lightly push the right stick up and right on the account you DON'T want the achievement on. if done correctly none of the pawns will even enter the board. this is helpful if the game is ending too fast because then you only have to worry about your own pawns scoring.

• 2 months later...

I think I've done this for a good hour and I keep not being able to get the ice pawn to come up. That is the hardest one, no? Or maybe my game doesn't want me to get a FC :p ...This is frustrating.

EDIT: I tried playing with turn table on and found that I got no ice pawns, but when I took off turn table, I got the ice pawn a lot. Coincidence maybe, but I hope this might help anyone doing this

Edited by xSeraphicAngel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...