My save file dissapeared

Infamous Chris

A few days ago I booted up the game and planned on finishing the journal, since it was one of the few achievements I have left to do. All I needed, IIRC, was the plasma cannon. As my daughter was scrolling through the characters to pick one for me (or more like randomly press A, lol) I noticed locked symbols, which was weird because I had all the chars unlocked. I figured she must've clicked a different storage unit or something, so I rebooted the game.

Lo and behold, same thing. Everything was gone; all my deaths, my journal, etc. Only my leaderboard times were saved, since I guess they're stored server-side.

I went to Storage and noticed there was no save file for Spelunky, but yet my hundreds of other games are all perfectly fine. It's like the game deleted itself....anyone have any ideas how this could've happened?

• 1 year later...

Yeah I have had something similar happen to me twice now. Also I have the DLC characters and they don't seem to be there either. I don't have Xbox Live and that may be contributing to my problem, but I just wanted you to know there are others out there that have had that crappy problem too...

• 2 months later...