Skulls: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

The Pants Party

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having any problems finding the Skulls? I followed the guide in this thread and the skull was not in the location for Level 1 and 4 (Sierra 117 or The Storm). They were there for level 2 and 3 though. On both levels, I did try and reload the level, from the beginning and play through with no luck. Any ideas?

I started The Covenant from the beginning on Normal Difficulty. At the end I jumped through the rings and picked up the IWHBYD skull. After picking it up I did save and quit. In the campaign lobby it said I didn't have the skull. WTF?

thats your problem just run to the end of the lvl and its yours dont save and quit!!!!!!

FAQ.

Q. Can i start from a checkpoint.

A. No you must start from the start of the level. Its not hard just do it on normal!

Q. Can i die??

A. YES

Q. Do i need to hold the skull for the whole level?

A. NO just pick it up and hold it for a second then you can quit to the campain lobby and its there.

Q. I picked up the skull and it didn't activate, I'M SO ANGRY!!!!!

A. Skulls don't work like that anymore, you need to go to campain lobby and press x you will see the skulls you have colored in and when you turn em on they are highlighted.

Q. Can i do it on easy i'm not too good.

A. If you cant do it on normal then you should probably play hello kitty games.

Q. What difficultys can i get it on.

A. Normal, Heroic and Legendary, But just do it on normal.

Q. Catch is glitched its not there, Whys it not there?

A. 3 things. Start from the begining, Dont kill the blue wraith that gets droped by the phantom ship. Do it on normal.

Q. I cant get up to catch please tell me an easier way.

A. Get a ghost drive it to the highest part of the ground around the silo, Get your friend to jump on it then jump on your friends head. No friends? Go online. Cant afford Xbox live? Whyd you buy an xbox.

Q. I cant get famine.

A. Fly 2 ghosts up stack them on the flat part next to the wall get your friend to jump on then jump on his head and up.

Or get a deployable cover and use it as a platform. still cant make it? get a friend to jump on it then jump on him.

Q. I cant get fog.

A. Get some aim.

Q. I got the IWTBYD Skull but it didnt activate.

A. Well it did this for my friend too. After you do the combination grab the skull then jump through the seventh ring, It will start plying a few tunes then they will all light up brightly, If its a time thing thats long enough, if it was because you need to listen you just did it. TO be extra safe just run to the end and finish the level.

Q. I got this skull and didn't get an acheivment.

A. Silver skulls don't give achievments. The silver skulls are Blind,Cowbell,IWTBYD,Grunts Birthdary Party.

Q. Whats IWTBYD?

A. I Would have been your daddy. Or is it I could have been your daddy? doesnt matter its pretty obvious.

when you pick up the skull, do you have to hold it all the way till the end of the level. also, if you die while trying to complete the objective, does that cancel the skull pick up. would u have to start the level over or just continue from your checkpoint?

pick it up and drop it, thats it, except IWTBYD. it appears that you have to finishthe level. which is what i did with the skull.

as for dying, you should have it once its picked up. dyding doesn't change anything

Im having trouble with the Cowbell skull which is the last one I need. The crazy jump off the grav lift isn't working for me. Do you need 2 grav lifts for this or what?

i followed the instructions exactly. there are "lights on the ground as you walk in the door. on the fourth light (2nd light down the slope) put the grab lift down. back up jump on the lift from the flat top part of the walkway, and get up with no problem

FAQ.

Q. Can i start from a checkpoint.

A. No you must start from the start of the level. Its not hard just do it on normal!

Q. Can i die??

A. YES

Q. Do i need to hold the skull for the whole level?

A. NO just pick it up and hold it for a second then you can quit to the campain lobby and its there.

Q. I picked up the skull and it didn't activate, I'M SO ANGRY!!!!!

A. Skulls don't work like that anymore, you need to go to campain lobby and press x you will see the skulls you have colored in and when you turn em on they are highlighted.

Q. Can i do it on easy i'm not too good.

A. If you cant do it on normal then you should probably play hello kitty games.

Q. What difficultys can i get it on.

A. Normal, Heroic and Legendary, But just do it on normal.

Q. Catch is glitched its not there, Whys it not there?

A. 3 things. Start from the begining, Dont kill the blue wraith that gets droped by the phantom ship. Do it on normal.

Q. I cant get up to catch please tell me an easier way.

A. Get a ghost drive it to the highest part of the ground around the silo, Get your friend to jump on it then jump on your friends head. No friends? Go online. Cant afford Xbox live? Whyd you buy an xbox.

Q. I cant get famine.

A. Fly 2 ghosts up stack them on the flat part next to the wall get your friend to jump on then jump on his head and up.

Or get a deployable cover and use it as a platform. still cant make it? get a friend to jump on it then jump on him.

Q. I cant get fog.

A. Get some aim.

Q. I got the IWTBYD Skull but it didnt activate.

A. Well it did this for my friend too. After you do the combination grab the skull then jump through the seventh ring, It will start plying a few tunes then they will all light up brightly, If its a time thing thats long enough, if it was because you need to listen you just did it. TO be extra safe just run to the end and finish the level.

Q. I got this skull and didn't get an acheivment.

A. Silver skulls don't give achievments. The silver skulls are Blind,Cowbell,IWTBYD,Grunts Birthdary Party.

Q. Whats IWTBYD?

A. I Would have been your daddy. Or is it I could have been your daddy? doesnt matter its pretty obvious.

Q. If you die while trying to complete the objective do you need to start the level again?

A. YOU CAN DIE AND THERE ARE NO OBJECTIVES. YES YOU CAN USE CHECKPOINTS

WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAKING THIS SO HARD GOD DAMN ITS SO SIMPLE. JUST PICK IT UP AND QUIT AFTER A FEW MOMENTS. WHEN IN THE CAMPAIN LOBBY PRESS X AND YOU CAN SEE YOUR SKULLS AND TURN ON META GAME AND SKULLS THERE.

FOR IWHBYD Grab the skull after doing the combination. then jump through the 7th ring. the song will play and you will see the rings alternate. when its finished and they are all glowing brightly its unlocked. If you dont wanna risk it just finish the level with skull in hand.

Q. once you gain the skull can you deactivate the effect it has in the campaign or will it remain there throughout your game?

A. What? It doesnt activate it unless you turn it on.

PICKING UP SKULLS DOES NOT ACTIVATE THEM. ITS HALO 3 NOT HALO 2.

If you dont want the effect turn the skulls off. Turning off meta game doesnt deactivate the skulls. you have to turn em off.

"Q. Catch is glitched its not there, Whys it not there?

A. 3 things. Start from the begining, Dont kill the blue wraith that gets droped by the phantom ship. Do it on normal."

QUESTION...what if I did this and it still isn't there?

Then..... Your Xbox360 hates you.

You can add me and ill help you get it if you like o.O

Q. What skull is this one?

A. This is the skull list in order from left to right

GOLD ACHIEVMENT SKULLS. 1ST 2 ROWS

[iRON] [bLACK EYE] [TOUGH LUCK] [CATCH] [FOG]

[FAMINE] [THUNDERSTORM] [TILT] [MYTHIC]

SILVER NO ACHIEVMENT SKULLS. 3RD ROW

[bLIND] [COWBELL] [GRUNT BIRTHDARY PARTY] [iWHBYD]