WTF! delayed again!

So i went down my local game store today to pick this up (Finally) after the looooooooooong wait for it to be released in the U.K & to my horror found out it has been put back another 2 FUCKING WEEKS!

Why-o-why is the U.K such a pile of shit when i comes to game releases & games companies wonder why people import Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! you fucking bunch of inbred retards :mad:

Living in the U.K sucks balls PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S What is with the shitty cover art for the PAL release.

Edited by Akatsuki Sw1tch

As far as I know, the release date for this game was March 19th since January or something. I do think it's been put back another week according to some sources though.

And if you think living in the UK sucks game-wise, try continental Europe :p

My pre-order from Zavvi still says the 19th but play and amazon now say 26th so I'm asuming that it's gone back another week. Why did they not just make it regionfree like they said they were going to? They would have made much more money.

By the time Blazblue actually comes out Super Street Fighter 4 will almost be out so plenty of people just won't even bother buying Blazblue, the hype for this game died along time ago and it's not even out yet, such a kick in the nuts. By the time we get it US will probably have continuum shift so no one will be playing it online.

And we don't even get the two new characters we were promised instead US will get them and we'll probably have to wait another year for them.

Edited by conel33

The original release date i found when i started looking was March the 12th, Then the 19th & the 26th soon after.

Now It's my great pleasure to announce the new release date APRIL 2ND!!!! :mad:

Gyyyyaa!!! maybe if i cross my fingers this may actually arrive sometime before 2011, Still the trend continues (Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity) just got pushed back also.

And we don't even get the two new characters we were promised instead US will get them and we'll probably have to wait another year for them.
You weren't promised anything like that. You were promised "characters." You get Unlimited versions of each member of the cast for free and alternate colour schemes for each character based on European flags. Outside of Europe, everybody else had to pay for those things; about 10 bucks for both packs, I believe.

What you're thinking of is the sequel which actually has 3 new characters (although back when this dumb rumour was started, only the arcade version with 2 new characters was known.)

You weren't promised anything like that. You were promised "characters." You get Unlimited versions of each member of the cast for free and alternate colour schemes for each character based on European flags. Outside of Europe, everybody else had to pay for those things; about 10 bucks for both packs, I believe.

Release NEARLY ONE YEAR EARLIER >>>>>>>>> some bloody flag colors nobody really gives a flying toss about.

And I'd like to rephrase your statement: we WERE promised the new characters from Continuum Shift for free but then they went and shafted us Europeans over again by announcing CS and just quickly whipping up some unlimited characters.

We got properly shat on throughout the entire run of this, I wouldn't be surprised if they never actually release the bloody thing and just want us to bridge the gap to Continuum Shift.

If it wasn't considered the best fighting game on the 360 by so many fighting game fans I wouldn't be buying at all. Bunch of wankers down at Arc and Euro distribution.

I'm considering boycotting it as well. I'm getting a PS3 quite soon anyway, so I might just hold out for the 360 version of Continuum Shift and get the import version of CT on the PS3 on the cheap.

Got to love how they tease us a bit more by adding it to the Out in Stores Now vid on NXE.

I'm considering boycotting it as well. I'm getting a PS3 quite soon anyway, so I might just hold out for the 360 version of Continuum Shift and get the import version of CT on the PS3 on the cheap.

Got to love how they tease us a bit more by adding it to the Out in Stores Now vid on NXE.

im just going to wait for continuum shift, unless it comes out in europe 6months after its US release.

Release NEARLY ONE YEAR EARLIER >>>>>>>>> some bloody flag colors nobody really gives a flying toss about.

And I'd like to rephrase your statement: we WERE promised the new characters from Continuum Shift for free but then they went and shafted us Europeans over again by announcing CS and just quickly whipping up some unlimited characters.

Money is money. You guys are getting 10+ bucks of content for free in the eyes of the publisher. I know it really doesn't count as consolation to the consumer, but as a product it's considerable to the guys in marketing.

And no, again, you were NEVER promised any content from CS; any article suggesting that was pure speculation. You were indeed promised characters, but there was never any specifics in that promise. Again, as far as the devs are concerned, these Unlimited variants are new characters.

The thing is, with the way games work, if the European version of the game got any "new" content, the other versions would have to be updated with the same content or else players could not interact with one another (no way to process the data they would be receiving from "foreign" content updates.) This is why every other locale got the same content, albeit as paid DLC instead of on the disc for free. A core update hits all versions of the game so they can still interact and those who want to can cough up some cash to play with the new stuff.

If they added Continuum Shift's characters to any version Calamity Trigger, they'd have to update every version with those characters. Then you'd basically have the arcade version of CS within CT, and there'd be no point in marketing a new console game.

Instead of that we're getting a fully fledged new game with a lot of new features and a continued storyline with a lot more content compared to the first game's. Even if you guys are getting gouged over poor European publishing, the sequel game works out for the better.

The problem is, if you boycott CT...They've got you by the balls. They won't bother publishing CS due to a lack of sales. I'm not saying it's not a dick move on their part, but I am saying that you're gonna have to deal.

It is tempting to boycott this on principal & No i couldn't care less about extra character colour's, But i've been waiting on this since it was announced in 25.BC lol.

I've always been A HUGE fan of 2D Fighters & would much rather play this over any 3D one, I just find it a crying shame that the niche' titles most people would be interested in importing always seem to be region coded where as the big name releases aren't :(

I would love to import the sequel when it arrives but i already know it's bound to be region locked 'pah' Thing's have come a long way since the good ol' megadrive/SNES/Neo-Geo days when importing was my life & far easier than it is now.

Roll on the 2nd or there will be a calamity &............i may just use a trigger lmao.

That's just the point. We Europeans really don't give a flying fuck about the extra content, we would be much happier if we got the game a half year earlier. It's not even a niche title, it was extremely acclaimed so there's no reason whatsoever why the game shouldn't have been brought to Europe a LOT sooner and outsourced to a bigger publisher with European rights instead of some obscure Italian publisher of JAP import.

OF COURSE it's all about the money, I can't even begin to tell how stupid it is to think that publishers will give you a good night kiss and tuck you in bed just because they like you so much. Even from an economical standpoint all this region bullshit should've been over and done with when the HD era arrived. I don't even currently own a PS3, but I sure do wonder why the hell Sony could decide to make all their games region free and European Xbox owners still have to deal with this bullshit.

But then again, that's 505 Games for you, it's not the first time these fucking amateurs pulled this shit on the consumer, and it definitely won't be the last. Until the people at Aksys grow a brain and make their games region free, that is. In the end, that's still in the hands of the developer, not Microsoft like a lot of people seem to think.

Edited by Dennoman