Reasons this game has got to be the BEST war game I have ever seen

I'm a veteran CoD player so I think you would call me fanboy, but let's be honest.

OF: DR is actually a good tactical game but what's killing it is the fact that the game is indeed buggy and unpolished. Which is killing the experience for me.

As a CoD player, I managed to get used to the controls and pace without problem (Maybe because I'm a overall Sniper Player and play patiently). But these bugs/Glitches can be very discouraging/Frustrating. For instance, in the mission 6: Hip Shot, I remember being shot by enemy troops from all directions and through all kind of surfaces (Yes, that's right, they couldn't/weren't even see/seeing me.) when I was in the fuel depot. I could even run through the fuel tanks/buildings/etc. So I realized that was the reason for me getting killed out of nowhere alot(No freaking collision detection).

The most known issue is the poor AI which makes most commands useless in the game(Yeah that's right, a single enemy kills my flanking squad without any problem lol). Sometimes a teammate would need medical assistance ASAP and when you order your medic to do so he simply stands there doing nothing. Another one is when your medic is ordered to heal someone, he and the wounded simply run to another place before the healing takes place which is unnecesary, resulting in enemy troops killing your medic and wounded. There are more issues concerning AI but I'll leave it here.

Also Hit detection is weak, sometimes your shots miss regardless where you are aiming.

Enemies take alot more hits than you which I find pretty unfair and they have outstanding aim and sight which is ridiculous.

Lastly, this isn't a bug but I find very annoying the fact that you are poorly equiped during most missions (How the hell do you expect to survive if you can't properly spot enemy troops due to lack of a good scope while they can without any problem). But this is just me.

These flaws make the Hardcore Cheeve pretty unfair.

Once again, I do like this game but these issues are killing it.

Edited by Moldredd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be brutally honest but I don't think this game is near being the best tactical shooter or even the best shooter. 2 reasons. The squad that you are paired with does not follow orders. And there are a couple of glitches missions that require you to keep restarting to the checkpoint. I think rainbow six is better but the best tactical shooter is graw and graw 2.

Edited by Jrock2k10

i really like realistic games and i think this is an awesome game :woop:...

there may HAVE BEEN a few glitches (although i never encountered them), but most of em are fixed now... i cant figure out why people keep bashisng the game:confused:, its awesome, plain and simple!!! i like rainbow six more though, but this is a good tactical:uzi:i'd give it 8.5 out of 10:)

I love this game> just played mission 9 "Uphill Struggle" with a co-op buddy. In the end you have to kill the 3 spotters. Two of them were already killed and I was going to cross a road and all of a sudden an enemy was on my left side and killed me instantly. So I was dead and the AI team killed that last spotter. Then my buddy got the achievement for that mission.....and I didn't get it because I was still dead.

Talking about making a wrong decision at the wrong time. If I just stayed in cover for a few more seconds ..... LOL I was already in cover and shooting enemies.

Now THAT is exactly WHY i love this game. It's all about the choices you make....and I made the wrong one!!!

Sure I'm a little pissed that i missed the achiement, but we're going to finnish this game and then I'll load up that mission again and get my achievement.

there may HAVE BEEN a few glitches (although i never encountered them), but most of em are fixed now... i cant figure out why people keep bashisng the game:confused:, :)

The slew of bugs and tech. problems haven't been fixed but i hear they will release a patch with this Skirmish DLC, lol. I'm doubtful at best. (CAN ANYONE CONFIRM A PATCH? AND IF SO CAN YOU FILL US IN ON IT?) But i do know for the most part people are bashing this game because it should have been released in spring 2010 and not try to jam it down our throats b4 MW2 came out, as unpolished barely tested software. People are mad to and extent as I can only speak for myself, because in 2009 we expect a certain amount of polish from a game, and yes it does look great but what game running Havok doesn't? Still by no means more than a 7 it could have been a solid 8.5 for me had it gone through more refinement.

Namaste

Edited by Amatsuhira

Well I have this from an Co-Optimus:

Console Fixes

Xbox

1. The game will now return the correct list of servers after searching a game "still doesn't list games you know exist at times ie: your friends in the same room."

2. A corrupted save data bug has been fixed.

3. The game will now automatically unlock the FTE missions when a specific DLC is added to the game. "I had to lmao at this one."

4. Gameplay online

o The player is now not blocked after healing another soldier as a medic "how come i still can't move sometimes?"

o If the player fires the SMAW weapon during a PvP game, the sight will now disappear as normal.

o The player can now change weapons after firing a machine gun multiple times "wow thx"

o The PF98 QueenBee weapon does now always have an effect on vehicles for the client

o During a PvP game if the player spawns inside a vehicle, the weapon will now be correctly attached to the player and now float next to the player.

o “Shots Fired” dialogue will now be triggered adequately in the annihilation mode.

5. The inventory UI from the crate or corpse can now be opened correctly when the player is standing at distance.

6. Loading the 1st checkpoint with javelin equipped in the mission Dragon’s fury will not cause a loss of audio in certain instances.

7. If the fireteams are following orders and then the player select an ROE order on all fireteams including themselves the orders will now be spread across all fireteams.

8. The reloading time is now correct when the player is going prone straight after firing a SMAW or Queen Bee weapons.

9. When exiting the credits, the heading will not transition twice.

Even with these fixes...They seemed to have missed on some key problems for the 360 version, oh well i guess you'll have to wait for another patch, haha, i'm really not laughing though.