Help on the siberia level on 007 difficutly !

Legend Xz

I am at the part where you have to hit the two switches to dump the tanks and every time i try to move to where the switch is trying to switch cover i get killed even when im in cover the tanks guns end up killing me the boxes right next to the first room with the switch is where i die i dont know how to get there without getting killed :(

never mind just got in lol

Edited by Legend Xz

• 5 weeks later...

Heh.. that didnt work for me.. This mission is peeing me off >.<

*EDIT*

Just done it.. When you get to the last bit where you have to switch cover near the door (on the left side).. wait for the APC's to stop firing and quickly shoot at the APC on the right and get back down quickly. After the APC's have shot twice, IMMEDIATELY dash across :)

Edited by XMuddPunx

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to clear the room where I have to wait for the download to complete?

Whats the best vantage point? Can't clear the room when the guards spawn on both sides and I made it to the cut scene and still got shot.....

007 mode by the way. Thanks.

[EDIT] I got it.

Edited by JohnnyBoosh

I had a lot of trouble with this on 007 difficulty too! After about 20 try's I finally did it last night. I found it was easier to release the APC on the right first sneak around until you are right next to it then look at the gun on the other APC as soon as it is facing away from you stay in cover and go as fast as you can to the door behind it. Be careful when you are going past the open window/hole in the wall as the other APC can still shoot you and then release it. ALSO NOTE after the cut scene you need to run forward straight away otherwise the APC you didn't release will shoot you straight away. After this take out a few bad guys from cover then run across to relase the other one. Job done. Hope this helps.

I also had alot of trouble with this one. The best strategy that I found is that head over the one switch on the left first. When you get to the first gap in the crates before the room watch the way the turrents are facing and time their bursts of fire and then just book it in there, once your in youll get a checkpoint. The second one is a lot easier as you can just crawl around it to get to the next switch.

I had a lot of trouble with this on 007 difficulty too! After about 20 try's I finally did it last night. I found it was easier to release the APC on the right first sneak around until you are right next to it then look at the gun on the other APC as soon as it is facing away from you stay in cover and go as fast as you can to the door behind it. Be careful when you are going past the open window/hole in the wall as the other APC can still shoot you and then release it. ALSO NOTE after the cut scene you need to run forward straight away otherwise the APC you didn't release will shoot you straight away. After this take out a few bad guys from cover then run across to relase the other one. Job done. Hope this helps.

I can vouch for this method as it worked for me, I did it a few hours ago.

I also had alot of trouble with this one. The best strategy that I found is that head over the one switch on the left first. When you get to the first gap in the crates before the room watch the way the turrents are facing and time their bursts of fire and then just book it in there, once your in youll get a checkpoint. The second one is a lot easier as you can just crawl around it to get to the next switch.

True, worked also for me. But you'll still need a bit of luck to make it.

I was looking on this website for something else and noticed this thread, and having got really frustrated with this mission, I found it was a piece of cake after reading this method.

this works 100% much easier then left path

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the tips.

I went left. Before ducking across the last gap before the doorway, I turned the camera so I could just see the back of the turret of the right vehicle. After it moved a couple of times I could tell when it was pointing away and that was when I snuck across.

Going left first gives you a checkpoint for each vehicle dumped whereas going right only gives you a checkpoint after dumping both vehicles.

Anyway, thanks again for the tips and encouragement that it was possible.

• 5 months later...

Fucking hell.

I must have done this about 25 or so times at the moment.

From the left hand side, I go into cover one block away from the door. I lean out and rotate the camera as far as I can really do and wait until the turret is as far away from me as it can go. It's about 4 or 5, when I'm trying to move from 7 o'clock (ig that helps). But by the time Daniel Craig lugs his apparently slow ass over across I always get hit and one hit kills me (a second one is coming right after anyway).

Tried waiting until it just finishes a volley of shots but it still gets me.

I'd give up, but last place I got stuck was Rak's Gunship on 007 and that took me from about 15/7/2011 to 13/08/2012 and this level being finished would net me nearly all of the SP achievements and 60G on the game.

FFS, why did the devs make set pieces that requires such insanely precise timing. The rest of the game is pretty well balanced imo, but this and the bit I mentioned above seem to require timing that is damn near perfect. I must have done about another 25 tries at this since the original 25 I was talking about, still no ****ing luck at it.

Edit: Seriously, without fail posting an angry message on an internet forum reaps rewards, got the first one released first attempt after hitting reply.

Edited by macd